Why is Sikhsangat.com a success ?

6 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Sikhnet once introduced realtime updates just like SS but due to indecent behaviour of few members they reverted back to mod approval system.

Sikhnet team is out of sync when it comes to Interactivity.

sikhnet have a nasty habit of editing/ignoring posts which point out flaws in their core ideology which is anti-gurmat or creates dubida in sangat's minds.

12 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

Also I haven't seen much success from any of these forums in promoting issues effecting British sikhs such as turban hatred from other sikhs and relatives, keeping proper rehit like training with shastar and martial arts,

What are you talking about? There have been many topics about turban-hatred and about shasters.

I am sure this forum at least is not designed for discussing halal meat being served in schools and workplaces etc

Why would you say that? There have been many posts on this site warning about the growing radical Islamic threat, and every Sikh is agreed that we cannot eat halal meat. Why do you think this forum would not respond well to such a post? Go ahead and open up such a post, and I, for one, will participate in it.

The fact that there is no forum which caters for the whole sangat is a big problem.

Erm, this is such a forum. There are no IP-address restrictions on accessing Sikhsangat.com. Everyone in the whole sangat (in the world) can, and does, participate in it.

Strangely, you say here that you want a forum catering to the whole sangat, yet a paragraph or so above, you say you want one catering to the British sangat. Which is it?

23 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Yeah, but it's got to be said, the literary action was heavier on that site. 

Yeah definitely has a lot of gems there and I lurked there often as well. PJS on here was great as well, but he stopped posting here. =[