Jump to content
singhbj singh

Why is Sikhsangat.com a success ?

Recommended Posts

SikhSangat has stood the test of time where as others have failed, packed up, struggling & poaching.

Tapoban  - closed

Akj - dysfunctional 

Sikhphilosophy - struggling 

Sikhawareness - poaching & political compulsion 

Sikhnet discussion - afraid of change & retirement 

Gurmatbibek - family club, loosing patrons, narrow minded, admin & mods too proud to seek help n change 

What are the reasons behind forum's accomplishment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2

This site isn't exactly most successful if you were to ask by mere post count, (I would say the Reditt Sikh sunreditt is more popular by a large margin in pure post counts), nor is this site the most popular in highest quality of posts which I'd have to give to Sikhawarness or maybe Tapoban. The thing that might distinguish this site the lack of moderation at most of the times. Even when the mods are here, they barely control much, which is a good thing for allowing people to express their own views individually. Also unlike most forums, most people here aren't exactly the type to have the same opinion, and dissent will cause more people to join-in, (most topics are mostly people debating stuff, which is not even related to Bhagti, Naam, or Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

This site isn't exactly most successful if you were to ask by mere post count, (I would say the Reditt Sikh sunreditt is more popular by a large margin in pure post counts), nor is this site the most popular in highest quality of posts which I'd have to give to Sikhawarness or maybe Tapoban. The thing that might distinguish this site the lack of moderation at most of the times. Even when the mods are here, they barely control much, which is a good thing for allowing people to express their own views individually. Also unlike most forums, most people here aren't exactly the type to have the same opinion, and dissent will cause more people to join-in, (most topics are mostly people debating stuff, which is not even related to Bhagti, Naam, or Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji).

Sikhsangat is community service site funded by few individuals.

Reddit is a business run by professionals.

Just hire a PR agency & promote your content. See how you tubers make money, those who don't are usually funded by Religious organisations or political parties.

Nanak Naam & BOS both have backing.

Sikh awareness is the least popular & least influential of the lot.

Tapoban was one of the pioneers, they had very good content & wise members.

But being kattar led to their downfall.

They have differences with their ideological family members ie Akj's & Bibekis so how can they unite no-jatha amritdharis, non-amritdharis, sehajdharis, non-Sikhs ?

"Every living thing must grow. It can't stand still. It must grow or perish"

I agree with the rest regarding moderation, member's, topics. If you want to discuss Gurmat, find and start relevant topics. Don't wait for others.

Edited by singhbj singh
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

SikhSangat has stood the test of time where as others have failed, packed up, struggling & poaching.

Tapoban  - closed

Akj - dysfunctional 

Sikhphilosophy - struggling 

Sikhawareness - poaching & political compulsion 

Sikhnet discussion - afraid of change & retirement 

Gurmatbibek - family club, loosing patrons, narrow minded, admin & mods too proud to seek help n change 

What are the reasons behind forum's accomplishment

Sikhsangat.com is a success, because it consists of members that are intelligent,  enlightened, scholars and academics, brahmgiyyanies, kirtanees, young, old, middle aged and toddlers, muscians, mathematicians, tourists and PRs and many more nice and gentle people from all over the world such as India, Somalia, Egypt, Phillipynes, Malaysia, Canada, America, Italy and Luxemburgh.  They all post nice, people friendly posts packed with high calibre knowledge and information.

Edited by silverSingh
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silverSingh said:

Sikhsangat.com is a success, because it consists of members that are intelligent,  enlightened, scholars and academics, brahmgiyyanies, kirtanees, young, old, middle aged and toddlers, muscians, mathematicians, tourists and PRs and many more nice and gentle people from all over the world such as India, Somalia, Egypt, Phillipynes, Malaysia, Canada, America, Italy and Luxemburgh.  They all post nice, people friendly posts packed with high calibre knowledge and information.

Credit should also be given to behind the screen Akali, RSS, Congress, RAW, ISI, Mi6 supporters as well as employees :-)

Oh forgot to thank Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Yogi imposters for spicing things up :p

Edited by singhbj singh
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

My opinion on this forum are as follows. Many of the posters are quite intellegent and knowledgable. 

However I have also noticed a sizeable number of posters with deep pyschological issues who use this forum to vent their anger and causes unecessary arguements in topics. Its like they have been bullied all their life so they let all their frustrations out on people who make innocent topics. These low lifes need to get a grip.

These people know who they are and really need to take long hard look in the mirrow and do some serious soul searching. 

If you've gone this far, go further: name names! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey you forgot about sikh Philosophy which seems to be used more by american sikhs.

 

I would not say sikhsangat is a success, and some topics are still not allowed which are part of maryada of Gursikh.

Also I haven't seen much success from any of these forums in promoting issues effecting British sikhs such as turban hatred from other sikhs and relatives, keeping proper rehit like training with shastar and martial arts, and I am sure this forum at least is not designed for discussing halal meat being served in schools and workplaces etc. The fact that there is no forum which caters for the whole sangat is a big problem. Reddit is ok, but facebooker and instagrammer pendoos aren't going to touch Reddit when they are busy posting shraabi and nangi photos are they?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

hey you forgot about sikh Philosophy which seems to be used more by american sikhs.

 

I would not say sikhsangat is a success, and some topics are still not allowed which are part of maryada of Gursikh.

Also I haven't seen much success from any of these forums in promoting issues effecting British sikhs such as turban hatred from other sikhs and relatives, keeping proper rehit like training with shastar and martial arts, and I am sure this forum at least is not designed for discussing halal meat being served in schools and workplaces etc. The fact that there is no forum which caters for the whole sangat is a big problem. Reddit is ok, but facebooker and instagrammer pendoos aren't going to touch Reddit when they are busy posting shraabi and nangi photos are they?

I mentioned in the beginning that Sikh philosophy is "Struggling".

In the past they had an American white lady & probably an Indian origin American as their Admin.

Now it seems more of a missionary site rather than an open forum.

Sikhsangat is not keen on numbers as they have stopped twitter & Facebook a/c updates.

Reddit is okay for viewing not participating.

Edited by singhbj singh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, silverSingh said:

Sikhsangat.com is a success, because it consists of members that are intelligent,  enlightened, scholars and academics, brahmgiyyanies, kirtanees, young, old, middle aged and toddlers, muscians, mathematicians, tourists and PRs and many more nice and gentle people from all over the world such as India, Somalia, Egypt, Phillipynes, Malaysia, Canada, America, Italy and Luxemburgh.  They all post nice, people friendly posts packed with high calibre knowledge and information.

now I agree with everything else but where can I find these Brahmgyanis on this forum. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This forum doesn't have a hidden agenda like the other forums! And is designed for Sikh sangat as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

This forum doesn't have a hidden agenda like the other forums! And is designed for Sikh sangat as a whole.

This forum has changed a lot over the last few years (for the better). Whatever people might think now, it used to be infinitely more narrow minded and prone to hardcore censoring of alternate views. This has changed and I can only put it down to more visionary admin. The opposite seems to have happened with SA, which used to be the most uncensored forum and full of people who'd actually made efforts to read historical texts, but after admin changes changed to a more censor based approach. 

Let's be frank, forums have their markets, SPN is geared towards pacifist, kum baa yaa malord, PC type Sikhs, Sikhnet is geared towards white Sikhs (although some of their stuff is good for others to read), Sikhchic caters to US SIkhs who have a very leftist pacifist PC worldview, other forums have catered to specific groups like AKJ. SS users seem to be majority Panjabi Sikhs (even if diasporic), which form the biggest numbers. SS has survived because it adapted. 

Edited by dallysingh101
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Thank you for the reply. As long as you’re happy, that’s what counts. 
    • Well, we live in a society where marriage is not valued, only for looking on the wedding day. We live in a society where we no longer fix things, we just throw away things once they lose their usefulness.  The human gene pool shows that at least 80 percent of men historically never had children, where at least 80 percent of women did.  What this means before the advent of marriage, one man would have many women to have children with. This is what happens in the animal kingdom, where the alpha male will have his share of the females.  The reality is (I might sound sexist, but it is largely true). Women have sexually selected men for resources and genetic material ). What has happened is that women no longer value marriage with men because they do not require resources so for a lot of them all that is left is the Alpha stud. The vast majority of men are not alpha studs, it is a very tiny percentage. Women will always go for a man that is the highest value, even if she herself are not of the same value. Society seems to be regressing back to the pre-marital age  (like back to hunter gather type society). It is very dangerous because potentially there maybe a lot of unmarried men in society. From a Sikhi point of view, we are supposed to live a ghristi Jeevan life and the regression of society means it is going to be increasing difficult. 
    • Waheguru ji di kirpa naal All's Well  I tend to go jithe lorh hoveh or qadar hoveh. Have become active on Sikh Philosophy Network, Sikhnet Discussion & What's App 😊
    • Well, I'm not jatt and I'll say this much.  After the Vienna murder in 2009, the Ravidassia community protested in London with placards demanding the removal of kirpans from Sikhs. A year or so later, a branch of the Ravidassia community advocated to separate Bhagat Ravidass Ji's bani from the Guru Granth Sahib Ji and to establish a separate granth to be installed in Ravidass Sabha's. These would still loosely be referred to as gurdwarae.... The census was in 2011. Make of that what you want.    On a different note, Afghan Sikhs do indeed marry first cousins. That's not to say, every single Afghan Sikh will marry his/her cousin, but, the behaviour is indeed prevalent in that community.
    • Fikar taan BT nu huna chahidha, teemee dhi kadh je choti vi hoi, shittar taan une hi milne.
×