• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
SikhSeeker

Advice on computer programming

4 posts in this topic

WJKK WJKF

I wanted some advice please. I am looking into a slight career change- im in IT at the moment, mostly desktop engineer and wanted a change into programming. I was looking at Javascript or C# but wanted to know what is the best way to learn this, and which is the most in demand programming needed? If there are any programmers out there coudl you please help me out?

many thanks

I learnt Javascript first and it was easiest (I started with web languages)

I mainly looked at youtube tutorials at first since stuff like codecademy weren't around then. Having a look at codecademy now it looks pretty good for beginners. 

https://www.codecademy.com/

Now I got into C# maybe 2 years later and is probably the easiest program developing language for me at least. I highly suggest you start with C# and not C++.

Good luck paji!

1 hour ago, SikhSeeker said:

WJKK WJKF

I wanted some advice please. I am looking into a slight career change- im in IT at the moment, mostly desktop engineer and wanted a change into programming. I was looking at Javascript or C# but wanted to know what is the best way to learn this, and which is the most in demand programming needed? If there are any programmers out there coudl you please help me out?

many thanks

There's Java and JavaScript, (they aren't the same), as well as python. Anything with C, C#, or C++, will be harder, but if you learn those it will also help you. Once you learn one programming language, the others will be easier in comparison.

Thanks for the replys. I was looking at getting into the front end development, so I guess html css and javascript? Do i need to learn css and html or can i jump straight into javascript? To get a decent job do I need an array of different languages or can i focus only on one? I will also check out C#. 

thanks again

Edited by SikhSeeker