Has the Sikh community become myopic

1 hour ago, muscleman said:

Omg.  I have been waiting for this type of question for a long time. Finally, out of all the other questions  that you could have posed you chose to pose this one.  I congratulate you on your achievement. I will be more than happy to reply to your question but I have a minor problem. I understand the first part of the question but not the second part. Can you please be more specific as to what kind of an answer are you looking for?

I'm not looking for any type 'of an answer' Bro.. I suppose I have always been attracted to the selfless nature of sikhi where it sees the welfare of others as leading to the welfare of 'sikhi'.. 

By looking inwards I feel that we compromise the ideals of sikhi, my own feelings are based around the institutionalisation of sikhi and what I perceive as a trend to view ourselves as victims 

31 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Hard to do sarbat da bhalla when your own community is riddled with crazy issues like alcoholism, casteism, grooming and whatnot. Maybe people should try practicing the concept of doing bhalla of the panth, and when they learn to get that right - role out what they've learnt and practiced outwards towards sarbat. 

Otherwise it's like trying to teach someone to run when you're hobbling around on a walking stick yourself because your own leg is damaged and needs fixing. Don't make sense. 

I disagree.. 

Ahankar can lead us to create false enemies.. Selflessness and the concept of sikhi to me goes beyond looking inwards.. 

Guru tegh bahadur Ji's sacrifice is a great example, he sacrificed himself for other's despite their existing a very loose confederation of what the panth was.. 

I think their are very few Sikhs today who see the beauty of khalsa.. True khalsa does not discriminate against any other whether from within the panth or outside.. Khalsa accepts all as one 

7 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I disagree.. 

Ahankar can lead us to create false enemies.. Selflessness and the concept of sikhi to me goes beyond looking inwards.. 

Guru tegh bahadur Ji's sacrifice is a great example, he sacrificed himself for other's despite their existing a very loose confederation of what the panth was.. 

I think their are very few Sikhs today who see the beauty of khalsa.. True khalsa does not discriminate against any other whether from within the panth or outside.. Khalsa accepts all as one 

Don't forget that the Khalsa itself is not immune from external and internal enemies, and needs to protect itself. You can see Guru ji actually do this when they made it mandatory for Khalsas to socially boycott various subversive groups like Ram Raiya and Dhirmalis etc. to the point that people were essentially 'excommunicated' (for want of a better word) for simply fraternising with them.  This is dasmesh pita's own edict. 

So no, the Khalsa from its very inception did not accept one and all like you are suggesting. That is fact. I'm not suggesting people become totally introverted in this respect, but our people acting like clueless lulloos who don't realise that there are communities/people who are antithetical to them (and take measures accordingly) is stupidity of the highest order.

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Don't forget that the Khalsa itself is not immune from external and internal enemies, and needs to protect itself. You can see Guru ji actually do this when they made it mandatory for Khalsas to socially boycott various subversive groups like Ram Raiya and Dhirmalis etc. to the point that people were essentially 'excommunicated' (for want of a better word) for simply fraternising with them.  This is dasmesh pita's own edict. 

So no, the Khalsa from its very inception did not accept one and all like you are suggesting. That is fact. I'm not suggesting people become totally introverted in this respect, but our people acting like clueless lulloos who don't realise that there are communities/people who are antithetical to them (and take measures accordingly) is stupidity of the highest order.

Yes I agree however dashmesh pitta also according to many sources went to dehradun and forgave ram rai dispensing justice against his persecutors.. Also it wasn't dashmesh pitta who excommunicated ram rai

11 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

The khalsa is not just a product of khande Pahul. That would make it no better than any other ceremony, praying five times a day, poja.. 

Khalsa is kalas.. Bhai khaniya is the best illustration of this