Has the Sikh community become myopic

22 minutes ago, Balkaar said:

I don't think so. It is good we are focusing on 'panthic' issues, because Sarbat Da Bhalla will automatically follow from the strength and unity of the Sikh Qaum. 

A powerful, cohesive Sikh Panth is the best thing for the future of the world in my opinion. Once we are in a position to carry Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Jot to all four corners of the Earth, once our religion becomes as well known as Christianity or Islam, I do believe the oppressed peoples of the world - women, the poor, lower orders/castes, victimized minority groups - will flock to it because they will see it is clearly superior to Islam/Hinduism/western neoliberalism, the ideologies which keep them in chains. 

Sikhi is the only major world religion which was founded on the premise of overturning tyranny and social injustice, which is why I think Sikhi speaks to the soul of the Modern Age better than crusty relics like Christianity, Islam and especially Bahmanism ever could or ever will again. 

Sarbat Da Bhalla will come easily once we complete the monumental task of getting our internal affairs in order. 

But therein lies the rub.. The desire to create a homogeneous 'panthic community' means becoming like any other panth.. 

Surely as the activity of khalsa aid demonstrate that if we go back to sikhi roots and be selfless then the philosophy of bani stops being a abstract concept and something tangible.. 

If we don't aspire as individuals to truly accept 1 onkaar and don't challenge ourselves to destroy our desire to create a example of pure love no ifs no buts then surely we have already compromised?