Has the Sikh community become myopic

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Sarbat da bhalla - depends on the context. If you are describing welfare for all. Maybe I have got this wrong but what the heck:

Khalsa Aid, SOPW, Sikh Awareness Society, Basics of Sikhi, for starters.

Then there is Pink Ladoo campaign, then there is the campaign to have free education for girls in Punjab that has been passed through.

Harjap Bhangra normally interviews a whole host of people that do a lot of good. There was one lady (Aulukh I think) that raises awareness for autism.

Mr Singh's in Birmingham arranged a charity hike in Snowdownia. 

There is a lot of things our people do, you just choose not to see. Question is the OP myopic?

Well I think you have made a very interesting and important point.. 

For me I would agree that those Sikhs who like khalsa aid are engaged on the ground do sarbat da bhalla.. They live it

But what of those champions of sikhi who don't do that.. 

Khalsa aid without discrimination goes to those who are in need, 

However many people on this forum promote the idea that the panth should spend more time not engaging with those actions. 

I see khalsa aid going out to Iraq providing aid to the yazidis but where are the khalsa singhs on the front line.? 

5 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Sarbat da bhalla - depends on the context. If you are describing welfare for all. Maybe I have got this wrong but what the heck:

Khalsa Aid, SOPW, Sikh Awareness Society, Basics of Sikhi, for starters.

Then there is Pink Ladoo campaign, then there is the campaign to have free education for girls in Punjab that has been passed through.

Harjap Bhangra normally interviews a whole host of people that do a lot of good. There was one lady (Aulukh I think) that raises awareness for autism.

Mr Singh's in Birmingham arranged a charity hike in Snowdownia. 

There is a lot of things our people do, you just choose not to see. Question is the OP myopic?

I'm sorry but your tone says a lot.. I guess what you are saying is that you think the actions of some Sikhs from organisations such as khalsa aid means that the panth is not myopic.. 

2 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I'm sorry but your tone says a lot.. I guess what you are saying is that you think the actions of some Sikhs from organisations such as khalsa aid means that the panth is not myopic.. 

Yes that is correct.

There is so much the Panth does but on this site we constantly focus on the negative.

The Panth does so much good but we are not ones to brag about it. 

Just look at the examples after the Manchester bombings and the London terror attacks? How many gurdwarae opened their doors to people? 

After the Grenfell tower,who provided supplies for those people? 

Have you ever heard of SWAT? They help the homeless.

My colleague's mother was a nurse and she used go into gurdwarae and tell people about diabetes when it became more prevalent. 

You need to open your eyes.

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Yes that is correct.

There is so much the Panth does but on this site we constantly focus on the negative.

The Panth does so much good but we are not ones to brag about it. 

Just look at the examples after the Manchester bombings and the London terror attacks? How many gurdwarae opened their doors to people? 

After the Grenfell tower,who provided supplies for those people? 

Have you ever heard of SWAT? They help the homeless.

My colleague's mother was a nurse and she used go into gurdwarae and tell people about diabetes when it became more prevalent. 

You need to open your eyes.

Can I ask you whether you think we do enough? 

15 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Yes I agree however dashmesh pitta also according to many sources went to dehradun and forgave ram rai dispensing justice against his persecutors.. Also it wasn't dashmesh pitta who excommunicated ram rai

I'm talking about the original bujjer kureits for the Khalsa, which explicitly banned Khalsas from any social contact with various groups like masands, Ram Raias (which was obviously a movement by then), Dhirmalis. I'm not talking about Ram Rai himself, rather the following he created (obviously with Moghul patronage).

Again, your whole 'kumba yaa mah lord' conception of Khalsa history is seriously flawed. What you posted below doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

15 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

True khalsa does not discriminate against any other whether from within the panth or outside.. Khalsa accepts all as one 

1 hour ago, muscleman said:

Sarbat da bhalla is only possible if the panth does panth da bhalla first and not before that.  How can one wish or do bhalla of others unless you do bhalla for yourself first? It is not possible. How can one wish bhalla for his neighbour unless he wishes bhalla for his family first? It is same as if  you cannot love yourself for who you are you cannot love others for who they are/if you cannot see god within yourself, you cannot see god in others. Simple

Maybe by focusing on sarbat da bhalla we necessarily do panth da bhalla..? Why didn't guru sahibs create the hierarchy and say panth da bhalla then sarbat da bhalla.. May be it is through selfless actions we ultimately do panth da bhalla? 

By saying we should look after ourselves first we necessarily create discrimination?