Nasa ‘on verge’ of announcing alien life discovery

MisterrSingh

Nasa ‘on verge’ of announcing alien life discovery, claims hacking group Anonymous

'We are on the verge of making one of the most profound and unprecedented discoveries in history', Nasa official quoted as saying.

Anonymous says Nasa is “on the verge” of announcing the existence of extra-terrestrial life.

A YouTube account affiliated with the hacking group has released a video making the claim.

It cites statements made by associate administrator for Nasa Thomas Zurbuchen during a congressional hearing on ‘Advances in the Search for Life’ in April.

The collective quoted Dr Zurbuchen as saying: “Our civilisation is on the verge of discovering evidence of alien life in the cosmos.

“Taking into account all of the different activities and missions that are specifically searching for evidence of alien life we are on the verge of making one of the most profound and unprecedented discoveries in history.”

The video adds that a number of recent findings, including the presence of hydrogen in Saturn’s moon discovered by the Cassini exploration craft, as well as the existence of oceans on Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter, provide grounds for optimism humanity must be close to encountering life that is not native to Earth.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-alien-life-anonymous-hackers-space-et-hackers-announce-extra-terrestrial-a7807881.html?amp

Hopefully they aren't referring to some bacteria or fungi, as is the case when something like this is announced. I don't know what to think about this issue. Could this announcement be the long-awaited false alien contact moment that's been mooted by conspiracy theorists for decades? It would be a hell of a cause to unite mankind under one banner I suppose. An external extraterrestrial threat. Suddenly everything else seems miniscule in comparison.

Guest Jacfsing2

Pre-emptive war is never a good idea, maybe these aliens could assist us in some way. But if they were going to be the first to discover aliens, many people throughout time have already claimed such things. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to other planets.

18 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think the 'alien life' is more likely to be some form of some plants, microbes, bacteria or something along that line rather than some E.T./xenomorph  type creature. 

It always is. I don't think it'll be, "We've been in contact with alien races for 70 years." If it's a genuine humanoid or sentient alien being, they'll try to make it seem as if it's a recent development. The way everything seems to be spiralling into madness I wouldn't be surprised if they do announce something major. But I can't see it myself.

3 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It always is. I don't think it'll be, "We've been in contact with alien races for 70 years." If it's a genuine humanoid or sentient alien being, they'll try to make it seem as if it's a recent development. The way everything seems to be spiralling into madness I wouldn't be surprised if they do announce something major. But I can't see it myself.

I'd be interested if it was plant life, just to see how the structure/cells differ from earthly ones. 

8 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'd be interested if it was plant life, just to see how the structure/cells differ from earthly ones. 

some of the plant life found in various remote regions of the ocean are practically alien lmao.