Conquering sleep

Guest Guest singh

Guest Guest singh

Sangat jio, I need help and advice from you guys. In amritvela where I do most of my simran path, I have a problem. While doing simran like mool mantar or vaheguru ( feels amazing) I slow drift off into sleep where I start having dreams and wake up after an hour or 2. It has been happening notably since last few days, and it is getting annoying now. How do I conquer sleep? Do I have to start doing things to myself like sitting on thorns like sant bhinderawale. Btw I sleep atleast 8 hours anyway, yet I still fall asleep at amritvela. Then throughout the day I feel guilt and my mind sends more powerful unwanted thoughts which are not meant for a gursikh. I know it is Satguru maharaj's choice we do whatever we do, but I do not want to detatch from amritvela as it helps me to supress the 5 jams for the day to a point where I do not commit many sins. Also I have come a long way from where I started by holding Guru sahibs feet but now I am just feeling stuck! So please help me. 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh 

I don't really know what to say but before you start your jaap wash your face with cold water and keep a clean wet towel nearby so that you can wipe your face when you start to get drowsy 

sorry if I offended anyone in any way

bhul chuk maaf 

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ?

When we become too relaxed, we fall asleep. If we have been sitting down too long. Blood starts collecting in our legs and doesnt flow as fasr, so we dont get enough oxygen. So move around. Maybe do mool mantar standing up with folded hands, like an ardaas, begging for darshan. Most importantly, concentrate on the meanings. Also u can try to do simran in bir asan position that the panj pyare take. Or after like 15 mins. Do 5 jumping jacks, then sit down and start doin simran again. Also try to put some emotion into it, like I am calling out to God, who is my beloved, and I have been forcefully seperated from him. And without my origin, i am dry and worthless. And whats even worse, in maya i have forgotten who God is, and that I was seperated from him. 

You can also try to do simran loudly. Also try to say waheguru with each breath. 

Also keep switching positions or ways of doing simran, so u dont fall asleep

23 hours ago, Guest Guest singh said:

Sangat jio, I need help and advice from you guys. In amritvela where I do most of my simran path, I have a problem. While doing simran like mool mantar or vaheguru ( feels amazing) I slow drift off into sleep where I start having dreams and wake up after an hour or 2. It has been happening notably since last few days, and it is getting annoying now. How do I conquer sleep? Do I have to start doing things to myself like sitting on thorns like sant bhinderawale. Btw I sleep atleast 8 hours anyway, yet I still fall asleep at amritvela. Then throughout the day I feel guilt and my mind sends more powerful unwanted thoughts which are not meant for a gursikh. I know it is Satguru maharaj's choice we do whatever we do, but I do not want to detatch from amritvela as it helps me to supress the 5 jams for the day to a point where I do not commit many sins. Also I have come a long way from where I started by holding Guru sahibs feet but now I am just feeling stuck! So please help me. 

ਸਹਜੇ ਜਾਗਣੁ ਸਹਜੇ ਸੋਇ ॥

They awaken in peace and poise; they sleep in peace and poise.

ਸਹਜੇ ਹੋਤਾ ਜਾਇ ਸੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

That which is meant to be, automatically happens.

ਸਹਜਿ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਸਹਜੇ ਹੀ ਹਸਨਾ ॥

In peace and poise, they remain detached; in peace and poise, they laugh.

ਸਹਜੇ ਚੂਪ ਸਹਜੇ ਹੀ ਜਪਨਾ ॥੩॥

In peace and poise, they remain silent; in peace and poise, they chant. ||3||

https://gurbaninow.com/shabad/732/10276

On 2017-6-26 at 10:29 PM, Guest Guest singh said:

But those are gurmukh avasthas which I lacksinghbj singh

Read Gurbani on how to increase love for vaheguru.  Do you fall asleep playing video games?  Your mind is not finding mool Mantar or vaheguru simran as an interesting thing to do.  Attach yourself to Naam and not to repeating something for the fact of repeating it.  Go through Gurbani shabads to find deeper meanings than before.  Go do some difficult seva and start doing simran.  Be thankful for what you have and see the virtues in them.  

On 2017-6-27 at 10:59 AM, Guest Guest singh said:

But those are gurmukh avasthas which I lacksinghbj singh

ਏਕ ਚਿਤ ਜਿਹ ਇਕ ਛਿਨ ਧਿਆਇਓ ॥

He Who meditates upon Him with single mind even for an instant

ਕਾਲ ਫਾਸਿ ਕੇ ਬੀਚ ਨ ਆਇਓ ॥੧੦॥

He doth not come within the trap of death. 10

https://gurbaninow.com/shabad/7425/75070

"Quality over quantity"

• 1 month later...
Guest sleepykaur

I always just use a strategy that my teacher used to use in school to make us concentrate- put the AC on. Keep yourself cold, get away from kambal, rajais etc. Have AC or fan on, enough to be just-cold. Works everytime