Depression and sadness after marriage

Guest Pappi

30 minutes ago, silverSingh said:

I can understand that one can be liberated by following the middle path of remaining detached and immersed in naam simran, but how is it possible to gain liberation if one belongs to a middle class?  Middle class is full of  evil selfish attitudes, materialism, attachement and greed.

Sangat will have to renounce their middle class thinking and attitudes and become completely detached by following Gubani. They will have to start leading simple lives and not be too greedy to possess or hanker after worldly goods, tastes and feelings, I suppose.  This will only be possible if they will do naam simran and sangat of the Saints and Mahapurshs, I think. Simplicity will finally lead to liberation through naam jap.

Silver,

Baba Iqbal Singh ji is most prominent Mahapurakh in present times.

Baru Sahib is propagating middle class lifestyle.

Their success is spreading across borders n overseas.

What makes them click is shunning low & high class lifestyle.

3 minutes ago, silverSingh said:

But they are not teaching them to become attached to middle class lifestyle at all.  They are also teaching them sikhi and Gurbani.

Bhai ji,

Students Ki Kheti Ja Tarkhani Sikhede ne ?

Or are they being groomed to be corrupt politicians?

None of the above they are being groomed as working middle class citizens.

Over n out !

On 2017-06-25 at 7:37 AM, Guest Pappi said:

Dear Sangat Ji,

I am going through much sadness in my life. I really wanted to get married when I was younger and wanted to have a happy married life.

Unfortunately the girl I was dating didn't want to be with my parents after marriage so I decided not to continue the relationship.

I ended up marrying someone from India and Sangat Ji , I was somewhat forced by all of my elders, parents, sister to marry this one girl.

I sponsored this girl and honestly regret it everyday, she has wanted to move out, won't help around the house. I feel somewhat depressed that I had such good intentions about marriage and didn't sleep around before marriage and now regret why I was so good. I keep praying to God for help and so far nothing has worked in my situation, but I have faith it will.

My lesson to all, is please don't force your children. I cry everyday before going to bed, I keep thinking all of this is because of my bad karma. I have had suicidal thoughts, and have trouble concentrating at woek.

I sometimes wish god takes my life early as my life is meaningless.

Instead of debating if punjabi girls are better then western girl can we not help our brother in need when he is pleading the with sadh sangat?

As someone who have had a similair experiance. 

Even contemplating suicide at that time. 

My question to you Pappi is are you divorced with this woman?

Guest Original Poster

Yes, I just want to reiterate I am still married to her. I was trying to find some practical steps, I keep my mind on gurbani, and contemplate sometimes, why I lived my life a certain way before marriage. Sometimes it seems like I wasted it being such a good person, if this was the person I was going to get. I didn't have a preference in getting married in India or wherever, but  I just wanted the love of my parents. My parents did so much for me as a kid, and I didn't want to leave them after getting married nor be controlled by my wife.

I realize marriage is alot more chalenging and can honestly say, I would honestly highly encourage people not to go to India for marriage unless they know the girl very well. If my story helps one person escape the troubles, and dileima I am in in mentallly, then I can say all the pain was worth it.

I come from a respectable family and was always taught Sikh values, if I didn't have any faith in gurbani, I would have dissolved the marriage months ago.

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Now I understand why you used to get so angry and jealous when you used to see the 'hot' wives of Afghan Sikhs. lol

For one that perennially insults all jatt Sikhs as "backward, uneducated pendus" Dallysingh101, one would have thought one with your superior 'urban Punjab' bloodline would be at least semi-bright enough to understand that my message to the OP was about the captivity and suppression of free will that comes with the institution of marriage rather than anything about the 'looks' of any Kaur.  Your dimness in this regard is understandable given your track record here but the way you have carried this on to other threads resulting in making disgusting disparaging remarks about the 'looks' of my wife in the 'Moms and Motherhood' thread is simply unforgivable. 

A look at your messages on this thread reveals the constant use of disgusting profanities and expletives on this, a site where young Sikh children come to learn. When one looks at your message history one sees how this use of disgusting words is a habit with you. Your messages are littered with them. Why the Mods and Admin here let you keep doing that is something none of us will ever understand but what concerns me most is how you have so easily taken to the abusing and insulting of me to the next level and started insulting and abusing my wife. The fact that I, as a Khalsa, receive constant abuse after abuse on a 'Sikh' discussion forum from people like yourself who can't even have enough religious conviction to grow your hair and keep a pagh let alone shak amrit and become amritdhari is fine. I'm sure people will have noticed that the abuse that comes my way is constant but I ignore it and carry on with my object of imparting some knowledge for the young ones and when I do respond it is  with kindness and respect. What neither I, nor anyone that is genuinely a 'Sikh' here must stand for however, is the way that you-a hair cut mona- felt you have the green-light and authority to insult my wife who is a beautiful Amritdhari daughter of Sri Gobind Singh ji. I would like to say that will go answered in a Sikhi setting and environment but that can't happen because you are not part of the Sikhi setting and environment Dallysingh101. As a hair-cut boy your only brief connection to Sikhi is via the internet where you feel empowered enough to insult a Kaur safe in the knowledge that you'll never be in a position to feel the cold steel of her kirpan.

So, when people here read the way you insult and abuse homosexuals on the other thread I hope they remember that there can be none more effeminate and gayer than Dallysingh101 ; A hair-cut mona who can only do 'Sikhi' from behind a computer screen.   What can be gayer and more of a sign of a impotently weak man than a man that insults the looks of other people's wives from behind a computer screen ?   

What can be gayer and more the sign of a very weak man than a man that plays at being a 'Sikh' in front of the computer but in real life is so impotent and weak of the mind that he can't stop cutting his hair ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grow up Punjabis
On 29/6/2017 at 0:46 AM, singhbj singh said:

Correct. Had this guy grown up and gone out in the world, he would have manned up instead of  being bullied first by his parents and now his wife