feedback needed

simran_kaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!! ^_^

i got this e-mail from someone.. i coudn't exactly answer his question in full form.. :D instead it got me confused too...

sadhsanagt ji.. help me out by giving you opinion on this pls... tongue.gif :

" I would like to ask you a question if you dont mind, i went to a gurdwara in west london in the uk, there was a akhand paath there and , one thing i saw out of place was that along side the paati some body was reading jap ji sahaib non stop , i ask y thats was but people couldnt give me a stright answer,i was told that it makes up for the mistakes the paati makes but i assumed that would be asked for in the addarss. i asked a number of people but nobody could give me a satisfactory answer. so could you explain to me to the best of your knowledge why this is done thats way

the akand paath came to an end and arttee was carried out, i never saw this carried out before , but a few friends of mine

who are ni hung singhs were there carring out the arrtee, artte was done through kirtan and than towards the end they had a bell and a dhaall with candels on and were waving it in the fashion that hindus carry out arrtee , and than flowers were thrown on to the Guru Granth Sahib,

i asked people about arrtee and i was told it was not a done thing in gurdwaras, but its carried out at haazoor sahib, but its under hindu inflence, because people would go bak into hindu rituals, but i was told that arrtee or arrtaa is carried out through kirtan but not through the dhaall waving , , i have asked a number of people who have knowlegde of sikhism but i would like your opion on that if possible ."

please post your feedback.. thankyou.. ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!! ^_^

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

" I would like to ask you a question if you dont mind, i went to a gurdwara in west london in the uk, there was a akhand paath there and , one thing i saw out of place was that along side the paati some body was reading jap ji sahaib non stop , i ask y thats was but people couldnt give me a stright answer,i was told that it makes up for the mistakes the paati makes but i assumed that would be asked for in the addarss

Think logically... If there is akhand paath going on would we start doing kirtan to make up for the mistakes. Afterall kirtan is gurbani, just like japji sahib. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with doing japji sahib, but in Gurus Darbar, where there is SaadhSangat present, there should only be one thing doen at once. Mistakes should be avioded whilst reading Bani, but mistakes are bound to be made seen as we live in a kaljugee world. But like everything, at the end of doing akhand paath we should ask for forgiveness for any mistakes. If JapJi Sahib is done in silent, who will benefit, the person doing the paath, not the person doing akhand paath. Mstakes are not made up this way. Also if akhand paath is being done, and at the same time JapJi Sahib or any other bani is being read, how are the sangat suppose to concentrate on what is being read?

According to the Akaal Rehit Marayada:

THE CODE OF SIKH CONDUCT AND CONVENTIONS

CHAPTER-VI

Taking Hukam* (Command)

Article VII

b. In the course of the congregational sessions, only one thing should be done at a time : performing of kirtan, delivering of discourse, interpretative elaboration of the scriptures, or reading of the scriptures

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic