Romani girl goes to Panjab to find roots

I remember chatting to some Roma guys some years ago. He told me that his people  originally came from India and he pointed to his nose and said a word similar to nak, and his eyes and said ankh etc. They are definitely from Northern India whether from Punjab or Rajasthan.

Their begging and petty crime is due their having been excluded from the majority societies in the countries they migrated to so they had to do these things to survive. 

6 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Not too sure about that.

Physically they don't look the same.

Roma Gypsies are quite short generally. They remind me more like a Mirasi type.

How did Punjabis gain the traits of being tall and athletic (gabroo, jwaan, etc)? I can't imagine it was a quirk of nature considering the difference between us and other Indian ethnicities such as Gujaratis, Tamils, etc.

It has a lot to do with diet. Punjabis eat wheat and those of smaller stature tend to eat rice as a staple. That's why Bengalis, Thais and Burmese tend to be shorter. Also genetics may also come into play especially as the ancestors of the Punjabis are thought to have come the steppes of Central Asia. 

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I've worked with Romanians. Some of them don't half look like Panjabi pendus. 

Theres ethnic romanians. Who are usually dark haired but caucasian. Then theres gypsys who settled in romania. The gypsys usually referred to as roma. So most gypsys are from romania, but all romanians arent gypsys. @Starstriker usually comments on this passionately