what do bibia wear in this heat?!

Guest kaur

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh

i was just wondering what bibia wear in this heat, because when i shop for summer tops, the sleeves are too short, or theyre too baggy and so exposing armpit area, or necklines are too wide/low, exposing bra strap, etc.

also i usually tuck my kirpan in my trouser/jeans but in the heat it is getting to be more uncomfortable!

i havent been practising sikhi for long so please forgive my silly questions!

• 1 month later...
Guest Kaurintheheatguest

Its 40-50 degrees here, coupled with hairy armpits and legs so I understand your struggle girl! 

Firstly it depends on your body type. Im tall and slim so I dont often have a problem with the neckline, my issue is more with hemline and middrif

Sleeves- I find some really nice active wear- t-shirts that have a nice length in the sleeves so I can gym/shop/do nothing without having to worry about my armpit hair. Plus activewear is super light, drys quickly and has a nice fit. Go for cotton or linen shirts rsther than lycra if you want to have a more casual look. 3/4 sleeves, batwing sleeve and full sleeves rolled up also do well. Most important is fabric;  try stick to cottons.

Evenings I usually wear a maxi dress (tshirt underneath or over the top for spagetti strap dresses--> this looks super cute when done right and with confidence!) Otherwise a tshirt/ blouse with a long skirt or some happy pants! 

If you feel comfortable with your body hair dont feel limited in needing to cover up all the time, I'm only sharing from my experiences. Sikhi is about being practical not about hiding who we are. However, whatever we wear, doesnt matter how hot it is, always think. If my Pita Ji Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji was going to check on what his daughter wore before she left home, would They be happy? 

Sikhi is about love, humility and surrender. Let that show in the clothing. Its a beautiful part of re-learning what our standards of beauty are, and why we think the way we do! 

P.S. sometimes I like to have my gatra around the waist (not across torso). I make sure my kirpan is above kachera and under pants/ skirt. Heat wise this seems to work best for me

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh sis <3