Whats the low down in East London

Big_Tera

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I got to say, where I grew up, pakis weren't shy of facing up to the NF. They actually butchered them. 

And come on man, Bengali areas like Mile End, Bethnal and Aldgate had more than their fair share of NF skinheads (more than most Sikh areas).

the Bengalis had an issue with racists coming up from canning town / custom house and plaistow.

Those skinheads used to attack apne in East ham and Barking too.

Alot of the bengalis approached the Nungs in Southall after the riots in 79 to deal with there issues.

Then it got worse when Derek Beacon (BNP) won a seat 1993 - and started his Rights for whites movemnet. Mainly C18 used to attack them on Brick lane, commercial st.

Still never came across Pakiistanis taking on the racists. 

It was always the Sikhs / punjabis who were instrumental in doing so.

On 6/23/2017 at 6:28 PM, Big_Tera said:

Dally many consider ilford to be east london. It is not exactly 100 miles away from newham is it. 

Also I did live in Newham before going to Barkingside. so I am well aware of the ghetto that newham was and still is in certain parts. Although its improving slightly. 

to be honest ilford has always been a dump. Only good for shopping and the usual food outlets. Whats has happened is all kinds of people from hackney and just about all the deprived areas of newham have moved to ilford and seven kings. This was due to a shortage of council housing inNewham. They did a deal with Redbridge to house all these people. Hence Why the 'riff raff' have now come to Redbridge. They could never afford to come here otherwise. 

Barkingside gants hill has always been a middle class area. 

The biggest change has been north Redbridge. This was a world apart from south Redbridge. 

But sadly unless action is not taken this area will turn into a mini pesharwar to. 

there moving en masse from Leytonstone to South Woodford slowly into Hainault and Chigwell too,

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Sikhs in my observations tend to prefer living more towards the suburbs rather than the inner cities. 

My dad had a couple of good friends in East Ham back in the 80's but they moved to West London.

I got a cousin who's moved to South Woodford from Seven Kings.

But what I am alluding to is the movement from the East Hams and the Ilfords towards the Chingfords and the Brentwoods and deeper Essex.

The pattern seems to suggest Sikhs even living amongst racist goreh feel that their quality of life improves the further they are away from muslims.

What I'm saying is that this strategy of constantly shifting instead of creating Sikh strongholds (and yeah, this means going through whatever you have to to achieve this) is no real, long term solution. Eventually even those areas they run off too will become like those areas that they keep running off from. 

4 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What I'm saying is that this strategy of constantly shifting instead of creating Sikh strongholds (and yeah, this means going through whatever you have to to achieve this) is no real, long term solution. Eventually even those areas they run off too will become like those areas that they keep running off from. 

It's going to have to stop somewhere. People need to make a stand. But the problem with community is that one family moves out, then another and another one. Eventually the remaining folk sees newcomers and say where have the old folk gone?

The other problem you have the people who have left put their old houses on rent which means you lose the sense of community. 

This exacerbates the problem.

I think you won't find a Sikh stronghold perse.  You will see a spreadout cluster kind of evenly distributed. Our people have come to the point that we do not want to live on top of each other. 

That is why we integrate ourselves so well and don't ghettoise. 

It's going to have to stop somewhere. People need to make a stand. But the problem with community is that one family moves out, then another and another one. Eventually the remaining folk sees newcomers and say where have the old folk gone?

Too much of this going on:

If you think the idea of having Sikh strongholds is akin to ghettoising, you should use your imagination a bit more. These places don't automatically have to be ghettos. Think Anandpur. 

11 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The other problem you have the people who have left put their old houses on rent which means you lose the sense of community. 

This exacerbates the problem.

I think you won't find a Sikh stronghold perse.  You will see a spreadout cluster kind of evenly distributed. Our people have come to the point that we do not want to live on top of each other. 

Moving to more affluent areas - by putting old houses on rent is one of the main reasons why apne Sikhs move out of their initial areas.

They also want to build property portfolios.

They moved from forest gate, east ham to Gants hill or Barkingside, clayhall etc - which were once Jewish areas with nice streets and houses.

But the other is, that when they sensed Pakistanis moving in, many people had the idea that there daughters would become prey for these guys and end up in relationships with them.

Rather than giving up there 'strongholds' our elders should have been educating them more I guess.

Just a sorry state of affairs.

2 hours ago, satsangee said:

Moving to more affluent areas - by putting old houses on rent is one of the main reasons why apne Sikhs move out of their initial areas.

They also want to build property portfolios.

They moved from forest gate, east ham to Gants hill or Barkingside, clayhall etc - which were once Jewish areas with nice streets and houses.

But the other is, that when they sensed Pakistanis moving in, many people had the idea that there daughters would become prey for these guys and end up in relationships with them.

Rather than giving up there 'strongholds' our elders should have been educating them more I guess.

Just a sorry state of affairs.

I don't think that the empire building nature of our people will go away entirely but that may change with the coming generations.

However,  there will need to be a fresh approach. 

14 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Too much of this going on:

If you think the idea of having Sikh strongholds is akin to ghettoising, you should use your imagination a bit more. These places don't automatically have to be ghettos. Think Anandpur. 

It's not me you need to convince.