muscleman

Iftar in Sikh Gurdwara, Dubai

4 hours ago, singhnihk said:

Kind  move. This should teach the Muslim countries tolerance and love towards other religions!  After all, the Sikh religion is the only religion which has four doors welcoming  everyone regardless of one's  color, creed or caste! If this is the only way to set a good example then what can one say? Just imagine what the Sikh youth must be learning from this kind gesture, particularly in terms of their interaction with the Muslims, huh? Will they ever learn or are they too dumb to understand the impact, given the fact, that the Sikh temples were  also known as the 'daramsallas' at one stage in its history! Great learning venue (s) I must admit!

NB: Obviously they have not been watching the BB lately!

Sarcasm versus solution... which one? 

Edited by muscleman
  • Like 1

I find the four doors theory to be a little misleading. From my understanding, the four door entrances are not unique to Gurdwaras and before the first Gurdwara, four entrances to a place of worship was normally associated to Zoroastrianism and fire temples.

:waheguru:Went to this Gudawara back in May during my trip to Dubai. It was a Friday and it was packed with the sagat loved it. here are some pictures I had taken

18582572_10158775877280327_7363305304336

18557242_10158775877270327_2622195847309

18555950_10158775877260327_7946853520915

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Punjabiwolves said:

Went to this Gudawara back in May during my trip to Dubai. It was a Friday and it was packed with the sagat loved it. here are some pictures I had taken

Nice Gurdwara. Looks like Debi Maksoospuri's team went too. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• There are many pangtis on dreams. Here are some of what  Guruji says on dreams: ਮ੍ਰਿਗ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਅਰੁ ਸੁਪਨ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਕਛੁ ਨ ਵਡਾਈ ॥ 
      म्रिग त्रिसना अरु सुपन मनोरथ ता की कछु न वडाई ॥ 
      Marig ṯarisnā ar supan manorath ṯā kī kacẖẖ na vadā▫ī. 
      Optical illusions and dream-objects, to them, no greatness can be attached. 
        ਰਾਮ ਭਜਨ ਬਿਨੁ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਵਸਿ ਸੰਗਿ ਨ ਕਾਹੂ ਜਾਈ ॥੨॥ 
      राम भजन बिनु कामि न आवसि संगि न काहू जाई ॥२॥ 
      Rām bẖajan bin kām na āvas sang na kāhū jā▫ī. ||2|| 
      Without the Lord's meditation nothing avails the mortal, nor anything goes with him.  SGGS ji Ang 615 🙏🏻 Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji     ਜਗੁ ਸੁਪਨਾ ਬਾਜੀ ਬਨੀ ਖਿਨ ਮਹਿ ਖੇਲੁ ਖੇਲਾਇ ॥ 
      जगु सुपना बाजी बनी खिन महि खेलु खेलाइ ॥ 
      Jag supnā bājī banī kẖin mėh kẖel kẖelā▫e. 
      This world is like a drama staged in a dream, in a moment this play ends. 
        ਸੰਜੋਗੀ ਮਿਲਿ ਏਕਸੇ ਵਿਜੋਗੀ ਉਠਿ ਜਾਇ ॥ 
      संजोगी मिलि एकसे विजोगी उठि जाइ ॥ 
      Sanjogī mil ekse vijogī uṯẖ jā▫e. 
      Some attain to Master union and others in separation. 
        ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਣਾ ਸੋ ਥੀਐ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕਰਣਾ ਜਾਇ ॥੩॥ 
      जो तिसु भाणा सो थीऐ अवरु न करणा जाइ ॥३॥ 
      Jo ṯis bẖāṇā so thī▫ai avar na karṇā jā▫e. ||3|| 
      Whatever pleases Him, that comes to pass. Nothing else can be done.  SGGS ji Ang 18 🙏🏻 Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji     ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੯ ॥ 
      सोरठि महला ९ ॥ 
      Soraṯẖ mėhlā 9. 
      Sorath 9th Guru. 
        ਰੇ ਨਰ ਇਹ ਸਾਚੀ ਜੀਅ ਧਾਰਿ ॥ 
      रे नर इह साची जीअ धारि ॥ 
      Re nar ih sācẖī jī▫a ḏẖār. 
      O man, hold this for certain in thy mind. 
        ਸਗਲ ਜਗਤੁ ਹੈ ਜੈਸੇ ਸੁਪਨਾ ਬਿਨਸਤ ਲਗਤ ਨ ਬਾਰ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ 
      सगल जगतु है जैसे सुपना बिनसत लगत न बार ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ 
      Sagal jagaṯ hai jaise supnā binsaṯ lagaṯ na bār. ||1|| rahā▫o. 
      As the whole world is like a dream, in its destruction, there shall be no delay. Pause.  SGGS ji Ang 633 🙏🏻 Dhan Guru Tegh Bahadur ji
    • You call yourself a Sardar but on this forum how have you been identified? I will tell you how... As a NINDAK. You may be keshdhari but that doesnt make you better than others. 
    • I always believe that if the dream is good and is Sikhi related then it's darshan. If it's about me falling off a mountain then I don't care about it.
    • there are other newer organised religions but they are offshoots from the older ones e.g.ba'hai
    • Ajeet Singh your sexual preferences are who you are, I am not disputing that or going to tell you that homosexuality is wrong. I personally have no issues with it but on a Sikhi level based on my knowledge I do not think its right. What annoys me is that you use this forum which is for Sikhi to boast about your preference in men etc. From when I was a monah and looked towards Sikhi and Singhs, it was the likes of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Baba Deep Singh Ji, Sant Jarnail Singh who inspired me to take the Sikhi saroop. If I had looked at Singhs who were homosexual, then I most likely wouldnt be where I am today. Be who you are, but be very careful the damage you can cause to the Quom by showing off about your sexual preferences in a Sikhi atmosphere. Look how many viral videos there are of 'Singhs' doing stupid stuff, lets not make a jaloos of our people and disrespect the blood of our shaheeds. Every Quom has got homosexuals, muslims probably got the most but yet they keep it in house or do not let it tarnish their dharam in any way.