Would you call our moneh boys "sikhs" ?

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

When these good folks bring up their kids to hate so deeply their own dharam and culture (punjabi culture is NOT sikh culture) that they do this is it any wonder our panth is stagnating and our girls are being groomed by Hindu and musley.

Let's put just a little responsibility on our girls for their behaviour please. You're going in all out white-feminist 'victim' mode. 

Just now, dallysingh101 said:

Let's put just a little responsibility on our girls for their behaviour please. You're going in all out white-feminist 'victim' mode. 

really ? I thought I was highlighting the depths of self-hate our kaum has , for no particular reason than outsiders interference and backbiting . I have monay family etc and somehow they think they are superior because they are modern , let them have their kicks  it's their life but I don't have to agree . There a form of nastikpan stemming from lack of knowledge of sikhi and I don't blame them for it . But there is also a major group who distance themselves as much as possible from any form of sikhi and they tend to be the ones who you describe as the ones running towards trouble.

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

This ish goes both ways. If there are haughty coconutised families who think their shite don't stank, plenty of amritdharis act the exact same way. Just because your family experienced it from one particular direction - don't forget it also exists in the other direction too. And someone else already pointed out Khalsa and Khulasa SIkhs have been around for a long time. So any amritdhari whining about sehajdharis is obviously ignorant  of Sikh societies pre-annexation social structure and are imposing some never-previously-existed image of the community on to it today. This is a dumb game to be playing anyway, let alone in today's political and social and global realities. 

The impression many modern amritdharis have given is that it is their job to run in the opposite direction of any trouble - when it involves danger and outsiders. But within, they can pontificate all day. Thankfully some brothers like Mohan SIngh of SAS and Jagraj Singh (BoS) have countered this - but other amritdharis need to wake up to their social responsibilities too. 

Most of the SP boys I met years ago, had a strong connection to their roots in various forms. They might not have been angels or particularly disciplined (rehat wise), but they had their own good qualities. They are ones people accused of 'running towards' or  'making trouble'. So no, they might not express opr experience their faith like you, but the idea that they have no connection to Sikhi is wrong. With what we might face in a possibly rapidly approaching future (God forbid!), we will need more people like them than the type you are championing. You know this is true. 

I know my kid bro is an amritdhari coconut , don't ask me I can't work it out ...

eldest is going away from gurroop , it kills but it is his journey , the good thing is he has sikh ethics embedded , never know what will happen in future gurkirpa and he comes back full force . He's twenty and his own dude, even though he got into seriously bad sangat Waheguru ji gave enough sumat to make us keep our hearts open to him and he came back from there.

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I know my kid bro is an amritdhari coconut , don't ask me I can't work it out ...

Let me offer a possible explanation. His faith was drummed into him, but didn't reach his core. Instead, inside he yearned for a less demanding, 'sophisticated' lifestyle. Fast forward to adulthood. He know tries to fuse his Sikh upbringing with his desired lifestyle - wallah! You have an amritdhari coconut. 

You ever seen the phenomena of how you can start a new job and see there is one keshdhari guy there, who is well fitted in with the whites. This guy (or girl) then goes into a  complete panic when they see you and go overboard to reassure their white pals they are one of them. lol!

eldest is going away from gurroop , it kills but it is his journey , the good thing is he has sikh ethics embedded , never know what will happen in future gurkirpa and he comes back full force . He's twenty and his own dude, even though he got into seriously bad sangat Waheguru ji gave enough sumat to make us keep our hearts open to him and he came back from there.

I see this so much. Kids brought up strictly, growing up and going absolutely mental in the other direction. It's not a good idea to raise kids like that in my opinion. 

On 6/19/2017 at 7:55 AM, ipledgeblue said:

I am also worried about the internal racism from moneh "sikh" guys and girls towards turban wearers. Have you seen what happens at gurdwara matrimonials?

Yup.  Moneh want to associate with the Sikh religion when it is convenient for them, and keep a distance from anything having to do with Sikhi when it is not convenient for them.

They will post images of gurus and shaheeds on facebook, and then disrespect singhs in real life simply for being singhs.

If they feel so proud to be Sikhs, why do they go out of their way to remove their kesh and ensure that they will not be identified as Sikhs?  Keeping kesh isn't something that requires much.  As Sant Jarnail Singh said, if you simply do nothing, kesh will grow automatically.

6 hours ago, Destruction said:

Gosh. The way some amritdharis go on its like they believe the stalk dropped them off today etc families. Sehjdhari Sikhs and moneh have been replenishing the Khalsa stock for centuries. What a way to side line majority of the panth.

why do some amritdharis act like they are gods gifts? So much ego and anger towards non Khalsa...is that what your panj pyare and parents taught you ?

Why are you making this about amritdharis supposedly believing they are superior?

Amritdharis have nothing to do with it.  Moneh go out of their way to discard their Sikh identity.  Did amritdharis make them do that?  Moneh are able to decide weather they wanted to outwardly identify as Sikhs, and they are apparently ashamed of looking like Sikhs since they opt not to.

Finally, I am tired of moneh complaining about amritdharis discriminating against them.  Yes, some amritdharis behave poorly.  But moneh outnumber amritdharis 99 to 1.  So why on earth do moneh act like they are some sort of persecuted minority?

11 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

you wanted to know about Khalsa in Guru Granth Sahib ji , since you were so dismissive of khalsa prior to 1699

I wasn't dismissive at all.. I just want to understand and learn about how the khalsa wasn't established by guru gobind Singh Ji.. You provided a reference to the use of the word. I was just looking for clarification