AjeetSinghPunjabi

Would you call our moneh boys "sikhs" ?

On 7/4/2017 at 0:15 PM, jkvlondon said:

having respect for sikhi means little , I mean atheists have been known to say that out of all faiths they respect Sikhi the most. Sikhi  is a  'doing' rather than 'being'  faith , when you stop doing sikhi you stop being sikh  simple as that

so how many atheists would stand outside a gurdwara and defend it if it was under attack? but many moneh or non amritdhari guys will defend a gurdwara. Respect that an atheist will have is admiration, respect that a monah will have is a lot more than just admiration.

Many non amridhari people read paath, not drink and don't eat meat. Many non amritdhari people have strong hope in the Guru ji and in nothing else. Yet there are amritdhari people in india (and UK) who go around collecting money for "gurdwara projects" when in reality they are frauds and all the money goes into their pocket, they use their bana to fool people. I just came from a holiday in Punjab in December and was shocked by the fraud that people(including amritdharis) do in the name of religion.

What your doing is is turning it into some find of competition "whose better"     when actual reality in todays day and age you can't trust anyone regardless of outwardly religious or not 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, puzzled said:

so how many atheists would stand outside a gurdwara and defend it if it was under attack? but many moneh or non amritdhari guys will defend a gurdwara. Respect that an atheist will have is admiration, respect that a monah will have is a lot more than just admiration.

Many non amridhari people read paath, not drink and don't eat meat. Many non amritdhari people have strong hope in the Guru ji and in nothing else. Yet there are amritdhari people in india (and UK) who go around collecting money for "gurdwara projects" when in reality they are frauds and all the money goes into their pocket, they use their bana to fool people. I just came from a holiday in Punjab in December and was shocked by the fraud that people(including amritdharis) do in the name of religion.

What your doing is is turning it into some find of competition "whose better"     when actual reality in todays day and age you can't trust anyone regardless of outwardly religious or not 

No I am being specific about just how invested a person should be , we shouldn't be lukewarm  and wishwashy in relationship to tolerating beadbhi of our Guru ji , our Dharam and our Dharmic asthaans . I do not disagree that Moneh can be invested head and heart and run to defend these elements whereas some amritdharis are deluded that they are good enough without doing the same - they are not.

It's like the Hazar ghairhazar  sakhi of Guru Gobind Singh ji ...those guards who went to see the dancing tamasha were hazar because their minds were with the thought of Guru ji and feeling they had abandoned their duty whereas the 'Hazar' Guards were imagining the goings on where the dancers were and revelling in their thoughts . Guru Sahiban told them off for being ghairhazar and praised the 'absent' ones as their thoughts were with Guru ji's safety and bachans.

What is apparent is the bhekh , but we ALL need to progress and encourage each other to become hazar always . I have heard too many lukewarm amritdharis and monay alike we really need to light up each other's piare for Guru ji and His Sikhi

Edited by jkvlondon
  • Like 3

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Judging in either direction is wrong, what you seem to be doing is a form of reverse prejudice towards Amritdharis. 

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Judging in either direction is wrong, what you seem to be doing is a form of reverse prejudice towards Amritdharis. 

Judging is important. IT is the lack of judging which has got our panth in a lot of trouble.

• Like 2

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, ipledgeblue said:

Judging is important. IT is the lack of judging which has got our panth in a lot of trouble.

What I'm referring to is prejudice against Amritdharis, which you seem to have no problem doing.

On 06/07/2017 at 11:39 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

What I'm referring to is prejudice against Amritdharis, which you seem to have no problem doing.

I have no problem in judging amrit dharis who don't bother with doing shastar abiyaas on purpose.

• Like 2

On 20/06/2017 at 2:55 AM, JSinghnz said:

There are no might be Sikhs. You can either be a Sikh or not a Sikh. Choice is yours.

I was making a distinction between Sikh and khalsa 

On 8 July 2017 at 0:51 PM, ipledgeblue said:

I have no problem in judging amrit dharis who don't bother with doing shastar abiyaas on purpose.

Spot on, Khalsa is a warrior. How can these people who don't even know the names of various shastar claim to be Khalsa? Quite a slap in the face of our great ancestors!

• Like 2