Would you call our moneh boys "sikhs" ?

19 minutes ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

I meant that towards the Sikhs he posted in that video, ones who fought a British war, not a Sikh war for Sikhi/Guru Sahibs etc. 

Edit: we should have a minimum age limit on this forum to avoid immature teenagers like muscleman and akalifauj. 

I'm confused Bro but that happens a lot 

Apologies 

10 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Just see how a coward and antigurmat chap he is; following is his cr@p  in his very own words a couple of years back:

"so long as the shabad Guru is the teacher of the body it is the real mandir.".

Can you tell me, how can such a foolish statement proudly  be made, which is totally against Gurmat.

Can´t you the see the harm and confussion he can create in the inmature minds, with his filthy words.

Since when the Shabad Guru is the teacher of the body?

Which shameless baba has infused in him, such antigurmat  thinking?

Here is a link to see how he takes what I originally said out of context.  This besharam is notorious for taking Gurbani and writing based on Gurmat out of context.

He keeps bringing this up as if he's got something special.  He's got nothing. He's a crusty old man with nothing better to do than pick on young girls on forums. This is not a joke either.  There is a member here who showed us its true, she has not written here in a short while. 

On 2017-6-22 at 3:31 AM, ipledgeblue said:

A solution is, if amrit-dharis followed rehit, IF, then, only then more people might want to be Singhs.

When I say rehit, I don't mean just the paper rehit maryada people have now. I mean following the active lifestyle rehit like in the rehitnaamas, rehit that has been followed since Guru Hargobind. Doing things like learning archery, shooting, horse-riding etc Follow Gurus hukam of learning shastar everyday, and also learn martial arts. (See Nihang Singh dals for example)

Instead of being people that religiously follow football and cricket matches, they would be involved in these activities. Then they would be an actual "practising" amrit dhari, as opposed to someone who took amrit just to do paat, which any sehajdhari or "mona" can actually do! Can gurdwaras and sikh associations organise such activities? Organising kabaddi tournaments isn't really going  to make sangat proper amrit dharis. However, organising kabaddi and wrestling training for sangat to be involved in would help!

WE absolutely should not act like the disarmed sikhs of colonial times. Instead of becoming like the naamdharis who put the kirpaan symbol in the kanga, we should get out of this colonial compromise of not following martial rehit and get back to actually being Singhs. Can the community do this?

A lot of these liberal extremist, including the leader moni as he quoted this post to say the post hit the nail on the head, have failed to recognize when Sikhs started to carry weapons and use weapons for fighting.  Moni claims to be a self proclaimed sikh historian and doesn't even know this simple fact. These liberals claim Amritdharis have failed to train with weopons and so have the sehajdhari because it was Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji who introduced weapons into the Khalsa Panth. Sikhs didn't wait till the Punj Pyare were formed. These guys keep on ragging on amritdharis but lets simply look at the meaning of sehajdhari.  Sehaj is to move forward in something and in this context, its toward following more of the Guru teachings.  A sehajdhari Sikh is a person who recognizes the teaching to keep hair uncut is from the Guru and does it.  Moni ji implies he's a sehajdhari.  Moni ji has been on sikh forums for over 20 odd years.  In these 20 odd years moni has not kept his hair uncut.  Instead he continues to cut his hair.  He keeps moving away from the Guru.  Sehajdhari move toward keeping hair.  When an amritdharis commits a wrong act they present themselves before the punj pyare who are the Saroops of the Guru. The amritdharis becomes patit until he presents himself before the punj pyare.  Moni ji has been committing the wrong act of cutting hair for more than 20 odd years, who does he answer too?  Moni is the guy in the langar hall who enjoys all the food but when it comes to cleaning the dishes, he wants to claim he doesn't answer to the Guru.  Look further into these liberal extremist cheating and lying.  Bhai Gurdas ji vaars tell us Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji started the Nirmal Panth.  Nirmal means pure and so does Khalsa.  Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji gave Amrit and gave his Sikhs instructions to keep hair uncut and Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji gave Amrit and gave his Sikhs instructions to keep hair uncut.  Many Sikhs were carrying weapons by the order of Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji instructions.  Were already tying dastar, wearing kachera, carrying combs, and Kara. Sikhs were taking charan pahul from the Guru.  Why is it today these extremist refuse to take the Gurus hukam to keep hair uncut and take Amrit seriously?  Because they have no intentions of being Sikhs.  They just want to enjoy the benefits from the Gurus golak and distance themselves from the Guru when it does not favor them.  When Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib jis gave his head Sikhs hid in the crowd.  Today the very same Sikhs want to claim they are somehow something special for not following the Guru teachings.   Sehajdhari look at the four kurhits and don't go near them.  Yet moni wants to keep cutting his hair and claim to be sehajdhari Sikh.  Where is the logic and rationale in such stupidity.  Remember 20 odd years this guy has been doing this.  He's so deep in his own filth, he can't see what is pure and what is filth

1 hour ago, muscleman said:

Surely you know the answer to this one.  If you are refering to Bhagat Sain Ji definitely he is a sikh according to Bhai Gurdas Ji's Vaar number10 (Pauri 16) where he states:

'Soon partaap Kabir da dujja sikh hoya Sain Nayee,

Prem bhagat raati kare balkey raj duarey jaayee,

Aayei sant praahney kirtan renn sabayee,

Chadd na sakey sant jan raj duare ne sev kamaayee,

Sain roop har jaayee ke aaya raaney no rijaayee,

Sadh janna no vida ker raj duaar gaya sirmaayee,

Raaney doorohn sadke gallohn kawayee khol penaayee,

Wuss keeta hon tudh aj bolley raj sooney lukaayee,

Pargat karre bhagat wadiyaayee.'

Once you begin to understand the meanings of the above Pauri, you will begin to understand why Bhai Gurdas Ji describes him as a sikh. Sain ji was definitely a barber by profession but he was also a disciple of Ramanand Ji. He was a lover of ONE GOD.

'Puran jot jaggey gat mein tab khalas tahi nakhalas jaaney,

Jaagat jot jappe nis basur ek bina mun naik na aaney,

Puran prem parteet sajje brutt gor marri mut bhool na maaney,

Teerath daan daya tapp sanjam ek bina nah ek pachaaney.' (Sri Guru Gobind Singh)

Start reading the great Sikh Granths from now on to understand the great Sikh philosophical concepts and to widen your knowledge.

Bhagat Sain Ji was not an ordinary barber. He was a great soul having attained a very high avastha by meditating on One God. He was not like your ordinary barbers in your local downtown barbers' shops.

The authority rests with Bhai Gurdas Ji when it comes to defining or assigning a Sikh status in this case and not with all and sundry. Dhan Dhan Bhai Gurdas Ji.

I wasn't referring to Bhagat Sain. I was referring to Bhai Dhinga, the barber.  The concept of keeping Kesh was started from Guru Nanak Dev Ji, yet an Ordinary barbar is described as being liberated here. By your logic he wouldn't be considered a Sikh surely purely based on his profession. Bhai Dhinga was an amritdhari because he took Charan Pahul, yet he served the Guru DESPITE doing something modern day Sikhs consider a Kureit. The verse is below for you to read and decipher. 

ਨਾਈ ਧਿੰਙ ਵਖਾਣੀਐ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਿ ਕੁਟੰਬੁ ਤਰਾਵੈ।

Barbers, Or Nais have other functions these days besides cutting hairs. They might be involved in matrimonial match-making stuff for example.

I need to add about sehajdhari sikhs, and it will become controversial for many on this forum.

Firstly, there are many sehajdhari sikhs that have existed from the times of various sikh Gurus. But many of these civilian sikhs and samprdaiye have kind of been disowned by Singh Sabha lehar.

Some of the samprdaiye which include sehajdhari sampradaiye have been mentioned in the Anandpur Resolution to be brought back into the panth. At the moment, most of these sampradaiye are even less visible than the Namdharis. I think Nirmalas have some visibility in the visibly panth. But also Udasis also had large roles, especially when the Singhs had been out fighting before the british Raaj. I am unsure where Sewapanthis fit in besides Bhai Khanaiya's system of helping people with first Aid and stuff.

Then it gets more controversial, there's civilian sikhs who call themselves Nanakpanths, such as sikhs who were in Sindh before partition; are there some in Bihar as well?

I am pretty sure most of these sehajdhari sikhs, especially the sampradaiye are doing more in preserving bani and paat, and also principles of sikhi at least from Guru Nanak. Compared to these, the monas are just drunk or drugged up, the only thing they might have is the name Singh in their name which tries to connect with the panth. The proper sehajdhari sikhs were involved in spreading and preserving sikhi before the angrej arrived, with the sampradaiye being connected to Guru Sahibs in one way or another, but all 3 of the ones I mentioned being blessed or even started by Dasam Patshah. With these sehajdharis, the amridhari Singhs would have been more active in martial rehat. The panth kept in-tune, in balance, like this. However, since the panth is now unbalanced, there's a lot of juggling stuff going on. With martial rehat and bani and keertan and seva. We have become more jack-of-all-trade sikhs than being good at following maryada. 

I mean calling these sikhs as hindus isn't helping. If 'our' moneh could even be sikhs like that then our panth would be so enriched! At he moment it seems some sehajdhari sikhs are called hindu-punjabis because they don't happen to use the name Singh in their name. Throwing around the hindu term isn't going to help, especially if we recognise what the Firanghi did to divide the panth into something unrecognisable.