Would you call our moneh boys "sikhs" ?

2 hours ago, Balkaar said:

I did indeed forget. Nevertheless those initiated by charan pahul were not khalsa. 

Guru Gobind singh ji said "Khalsa mero roop hai khaas " (My special form is khalsa). but other panths were also guru roop , albeit not khaas . Udasis , nirmale are the 2 that comes to my mind. 

But singh sabha got them out . I don't blame singh sabha though. It was need of the time 

4 hours ago, Balkaar said:

I did indeed forget. Nevertheless those initiated by charan pahul were not khalsa. 

Depends how you define Khalsa bro. There's many definitions, if we go by Bhagat Kabir Ji's definition then yes they were Khalsa. Albiet ones who weren't imitated with Khanda da Pahul. 

4 minutes ago, muscleman said:

The rehat of kesh and Charana pahull did indeed start with the first Guru,  no doubt about it. Bhai Dhinga ji was a sikh who had also accepted the Charana Pahull of the Guru and was a true sikh before achieving liberation, don't forget.

I consider Bhai Dhinga ji a Guru's sikh because he had surrendered to the Charana P and lived his life according to the sikh code in those days. Bhai Dhinga ji was an amrittari according to the rehat of Charana P of his day and age. In those days it was not considered a Kureit to work as a barber once someone had accepted the Charana Pahull of the Guru. I became a kureit after the codification of the Sikh dharma, when the tenth Guru issued forth an edict of Guru Maniyo Granth and the requirment of Kandey Pahull. You were not meant to cut your hair in any way  once you had taken Kandey Pahull and if you did, it was considered a kureit and one had to go in the presence of 5 beloveds.  There was no such requirement in the times of Bhai Dhinga ji. xquisite

The edict of the tenth Guru was meant to provide bond among the sikhs as well as provide an ethical code of conduct for them to live by. According to this edict every person that followed sikhi or laid claims to sikh identity had to be amrittari and saabat surat irrespective of his or her profession.

Guru Nanak Sahib ji founded a monotheistic religion. As more and more people turned to sikhi, in order to prevent its traditions, ceremonies, beliefs, Banies and history from risk of misinterpretaion, corruption or dilution the beloved tenth Guru codified it into a common body of scripture, the SGGS and blessed us with many more other Granths which contain his exquisite Banies. The sublimity of style in which they are written is beyond awesome.

To judge our exalted Bhagats and sikhs prior to this codification would be wrong. They were truly liberated and exalted souls  and no one has the right to judge them according to post codification period in the sikh history. These great sikhs existed prior to the post codification rehat.

To be continued....................

Keep it simple : There're many ways to truth . Sikhi is just one of them ! 

32 minutes ago, muscleman said:

The rehat of kesh and Charana pahull did indeed start with the first Guru,  no doubt about it. Bhai Dhinga ji was a sikh who had also accepted the Charana Pahull of the Guru and was a true sikh before achieving liberation, don't forget.

I consider Bhai Dhinga ji a Guru's sikh because he had surrendered to the Charana P and lived his life according to the sikh code in those days. Bhai Dhinga ji was an amrittari according to the rehat of Charana P of his day and age. In those days it was not considered a Kureit to work as a barber once someone had accepted the Charana Pahull of the Guru. It became a kureit after the codification of the Sikh dharma, when the tenth Guru issued forth an edict of Guru Maniyo Granth and the requirment of Kandey Pahull. You were not meant to cut your hair in any way  once you had taken Kandey Pahull and if you did, it was considered a kureit and one had to go in the presence of 5 beloveds.  There was no such requirement in the times of Bhai Dhinga ji.

The edict of the tenth Guru was meant to provide bond among the sikhs as well as provide an ethical code of conduct for them to live by. According to this edict every person that followed sikhi or laid claims to sikh identity had to be amrittari and saabat surat irrespective of his or her profession.

Guru Nanak Sahib ji founded a monotheistic religion. As more and more people turned to sikhi, in order to prevent its traditions, ceremonies, beliefs, Banies and history from risk of misinterpretaion, corruption or dilution the beloved tenth Guru codified it into a common body of scripture, the SGGS and blessed us with many more other Granths which contain his exquisite Banies. The sublimity of style in which they are written is beyond awesome.

To judge our exalted Bhagats and sikhs prior to this codification would be wrong. They were truly liberated and exalted souls  and no one has the right to judge them according to post codification period in the sikh history. These great sikhs existed prior to the post codification rehat.

To be continued....................

It was always a Kureit, now you're just implying that Bhai Dhinga Ji was knowingly violating a rehit, No true Gursikh would do that as they would follow everything to the dot. All you've done here is shown that it existed as rehit (you admitted it) and then said there was no such requirement, if it was within rehit then it was always a requirement. Guru Gobind Singh Ji didn't up and decide one day it was suddenly a Kureit, it was one from day one. Period. All Guru Gobind Singh Ji did was make sure future generations knew too by scribing it into his beloved Granths too. The only thing Guru Gobind Singh Ji did in the Amrit Sanchar was give all his  spiritual and temporal powers to his Panth and initiated using a Khanda rather than Charan Pahul.

The Rishis during Satyug kept Kesh, they considered it a cardinal sin (Kureit) to remove it. The practice isn't new and Guru Nanak Dev Ji kept Kesh and encouraged everyone to do so as well. There's quite a few JanamSakhis of Guru Sahib Ji that say keeping Kesh is of the utmost important and ordering his Sikhs to keep them. So the question arises why a Barbar is praised here and liberated. 

I disagree on comparing Sikhs and Bhagats before the codification, The Code has always been there. You can compare Sikhs of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji sine they all followed the same rehit, the only differences was the Sanchar done, perhaps you could argue that Guru Gobind Singh Ji's mandatory military training too. 

9 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

LOL. I forgot to mention this earlier . The answer to your question is a resounding YES ! 

Now I don't want a monnah to tell me otherwise or give me a lecture on morality 

I don't wan't a gandu telling me anything about morality and Sikhi either. 

Mincing queen is doing EVERYTHING and insulting everyone trying to be centre of attention again. 

And don't worry, if the afghans hypothetically invaded Punjab, you'd fit the role of one of their 'dancing boys' perfectly. 

6 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't wan't a gandu telling me anything about morality and Sikhi either. 

Mincing queen is doing EVERYTHING and insulting everyone trying to be centre of attention again. 

And don't worry, if the afghans hypothetically invaded Punjab, you'd fit the role of one of their 'dancing boys' perfectly. 

LOL , a guy who probably slept with a dozen girls is calling me gaandu . Excuse me dude . Get off your high horse already. You straight men really have no sharam , do you ? after doing tons of sexual anarth, you guys get to say "eww" to the gays ? 

You straight guys sitting on high golden pedestals of hetero-patriarchy are long overdue . It has been long enough that you sit on your throne and throw your left overs for homosexuals and other persecuted groups to eat on . 

This is the reason I support feminism . Feminist + LGBT + liberal-minded straight males , we shall overthrow this takht of hetero-patriarchy forever . ^_^

PS : I don't live in punjab ! 

40 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Keep it simple : There're many ways to truth . Sikhi is just one of them ! 

No there is not. *sigh* if there was then Akaal Purkh himself wouldn't have descended to sort everything out.

Just now, Kira said:

No there is not. *sigh* if there was then Akaal Purkh himself wouldn't have descended to sort everything out.

Sikhi IMHO is not about "my path is the right one. rest ones are wrong" . This sounds like an abrahamic faith, not sikhi IMHO 

Just now, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Sikhi IMHO is not about "my path is the right one. rest ones are wrong" . This sounds like an abrahamic faith, not sikhi IMHO 

If the rest were right then do you really think there would be any need for Sikhi? there's truth within them, but also corruption. Hence why Guru Sahib came, the stupid argument that "all paths lead to God" is completely redundant. I'm 100% sure the Aztec priests who performed human sacrifices are definitely enlightened beings (!).