Would you call our moneh boys "sikhs" ?

54 minutes ago, harsharan000 said:

It coud well be added also, he is a liar, so naturally whatever he says, is sheer bull5hit, and yet he proudly thinks of himself some sort  of gyani, which is far frome reality, this makes him the portrait of antiguramt brahmanvadee

You can all @Akalifauj many things, but saying he's the portrait of Brahmvadee-ness is 100% false. I've fought with him on many occasions but that's one thing he is not.  Heck there are people here who claim to be "Amritdhari" Sikh but somehow input their own brahmvadee cr@p into Sikhi and claim it to be true. All because "someone told me it so it must be true".

@muscleman Bro I have a question for you. If a Sikh becomes a barbar do you think he's  no longer considered a Sikh?

15 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'm telling you, in war, naam simran will be one of the most useful tools for us to survive. When guys will be under so much tension and pressure, as well being regular witnesses to heinous acts and violence, potentially losing close family members and friends - combating the negative psychological impact of all this is of key importance. 

Naam simran (amongst other things) is a very useful and practical tool to help alleviate a lot of issues in this department which can lead to conditions such as PTSD, schizophrenia, psychosis (look up the huge percentage of ex-British soldiers who end up in prison after service for example and how many American soldiers go straight pagal after service). 

I'd also venture a guess and say some of the substance use (like sukha nidhaan and afeem) we read about in our panth's post-Khalsa history might even stem from self-medication for such conditions?

So I wouldn't say these things aren't useful at all, but the complete opposite. The problems lies with some crazy folk thinking that they can just do naam simran  and totally ignore any endeavours to learn and practice other practical 'warrior' skills, that may be of practical use in any hypothetical turmoil we may find ourselves in the middle of in future. I tell you one thing I've learned over the years is that some people are just plain old, physically lazy. They will (subconsciously) make every mental excuse in the book to avoid exerting themselves - nothing we can do about them (and I think we have a lot of them in our community), maybe better to focus on the people who aren't natural born couch potatoes? 

Of course naam simran and dasam bani will help!!i never meant it wouldn't. I should have worded what I wanted to say properly. I meant to say only naam simran won't help, you need all attributes.

1 hour ago, Destruction said:

Amritdharis need to come to reality that all these naam  sessions they do every month will not be useful when 100s of attackers come for your blood. 

Those sessions are useful. They're more than useful to be fair. It just depends on the intention and the spirit in which it's all done, as well as ensuring all the other aspects of a religious existence are also tended to. Yeah, we can say, "Goreh or other groups don't pray or undertake lengthy periods of meditation, and they get things done when it's backs against the wall time," which is an understandable sentiment, but honestly the best thing any hue of Sikh can do is Naam Simran. But I understand the cynicism and the doubt when we see absolute jokers and frauds talking the talk but getting destroyed when it's time to walk the walk.

1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

Those sessions are useful. They're more than useful to be fair. It just depends on the intention and the spirit in which it's all done, as well as ensuring all the other aspects of a religious existence are also tended to. Yeah, we can say, "Goreh or other groups don't pray or undertake lengthy periods of meditation, and they get things done when it's backs against the wall time," which is an understandable sentiment, but honestly the best thing any hue of Sikh can do is Naam Simran. But I understand the cynicism and the doubt when we see absolute jokers and frauds talking the talk but getting destroyed when it's time to walk the walk.

Not only that, look at how much weird 'shrieking', 'bruaahing' and borderline homoerotic stuff goes on amongst certain groups who claim to be doing naam simran. People have posted some eyebrow raising vids on the forum lately in this respect....

3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Not only that, look at how much weird 'shrieking', 'bruaahing' and borderline homoerotic stuff goes on amongst certain groups who claim to be doing naam simran. People have posted some eyebrow raising vids on the forum lately in this respect....

That's the kind of pallaver that puts off so many people in this day and age. On the surface it's worth a chuckle or two, but if you deeply think about what's going on in those situations, whether it's innocuous or not, there's serious damage being done to issues of worship that should be noble and sacred.