Guest Sikhni

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki fateh.. everyone

Hello ji I am Singhni, married few months back.. I m amritdhari.. but i m facing few problems because of my mistakes.. I want help from ur side to sort out my problem.

My problem is  though being amritdhari I dont cover my head 24 hours.. I keep chunni but according to situation like in front of elders and While doing paath and going to gurdwara. But my husband want me to cover head all the time.. I know he is right, there was a time when i use to do that but because my parents did not like I did stop it. Now i got opportunity but I dont want to do it.. I dont want to keep chunni all the time.. This is a very small thing but i started to develop negative thoughts for my own belief. I started thinking to anyhow move away from all these stuff.. i want to be away from amrit and i wish to remove kirpan.. Like i became amritdhari in 2012. In these 5 years being religious and looking around how the people are.. I started to feel as if Karma is everything.. I feel like religion though is important but karm is more important.. i have seen amritdhari singh singhia commiting sins .. i feel like it was better that i would not have taken amrit and would have lived like that with making karma big and reciting bani .. but Now i cant step back as my husband love me for I m very religious following Guru's paath.. I am also working girl i dont like to keep chunni all the time everywhere..  Now what to do.. these things are creating misunderstanding between me n my husband.. I know I m wrong but i dont want to be like what i should be.. 

Guest Moorh

Start learning to tie a dastar, learn how to tie a light keski under it. Seeing as it's summer I can understand the difficulty for newly amritdhari (some older amritdharis as well) to keep a keski on during the heat of summer, if nothing at least try to tie a ramal made out of really thin fabric ji..

bhul chuk maf 

14 hours ago, Guest Sikhni said:

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki fateh.. everyone

Hello ji I am Singhni, married few months back.. I m amritdhari.. but i m facing few problems because of my mistakes.. I want help from ur side to sort out my problem.

My problem is  though being amritdhari I dont cover my head 24 hours.. I keep chunni but according to situation like in front of elders and While doing paath and going to gurdwara. But my husband want me to cover head all the time.. I know he is right, there was a time when i use to do that but because my parents did not like I did stop it. Now i got opportunity but I dont want to do it.. I dont want to keep chunni all the time.. This is a very small thing but i started to develop negative thoughts for my own belief. I started thinking to anyhow move away from all these stuff.. i want to be away from amrit and i wish to remove kirpan.. Like i became amritdhari in 2012. In these 5 years being religious and looking around how the people are.. I started to feel as if Karma is everything.. I feel like religion though is important but karm is more important.. i have seen amritdhari singh singhia commiting sins .. i feel like it was better that i would not have taken amrit and would have lived like that with making karma big and reciting bani .. but Now i cant step back as my husband love me for I m very religious following Guru's paath.. I am also working girl i dont like to keep chunni all the time everywhere..  Now what to do.. these things are creating misunderstanding between me n my husband.. I know I m wrong but i dont want to be like what i should be.. 

Pen Jee,

you need not to worry, you are pure at heart and mind.

It is true what you say, karam is important, as it is karam which produces "phal", "fruit", destiny.

But is by dharam/religion, that we do take the correct steps in doing the right karam, and in this matter, I can proudly say,  Sikhi /Bhakti cleanses our chit, then only we perform the right karam.

Regarding those who you say, that inspite of being amritdharis, they still commit sins, it is due to their limitations and ignorance. Gurbani is there to get the most precious spiritual wealth and become pure paviter, but if we do not follow the karam of bhakti, as adivised by our Guru Sahiban, how can anyone become "pure, paviter" ?

There are many religious people in different dharams, but Sikhi exceedes all, as it is the only path which reunites us with our  origin, namely, Wahiguru Akal Purukh, through utter faith and love at His Lotus feet..

Bhen, you need to find your happiness. Do not worry about society. Why am I telling you this? Simple, either the rest of your life will be lived in sadness OR in happiness. YOU have the power to choose. Start doing things you feel/ see right for yourself.

IF there are other issues like don't feel like doing prayers (am saying IF) then do 1 Japji sahib b4 breakfast, Rehraas and Sohila in evening all 7 days. Make this your nitnem for 6 months followed by only 5 Mool mantra all 7 days. (ONCE AGAIN! AM SAYING IF)!

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:49 AM, Guest Sikhni said:

.. I started to feel as if Karma is everything.. I feel like religion though is important but karm is more important.. i have seen amritdhari singh singhia commiting sins .. i feel like it was better that i would not have taken amrit and would have lived like that with making karma big and reciting bani .. but Now i cant step back as my husband love me for I m very religious following Guru's paath.. I am also working girl i dont like to keep chunni all the time everywhere..  Now what to do.. these things are creating misunderstanding between me n my husband.. I know I m wrong but i dont want to be like what i should be.. 

YES karma is everything but as long as you keep away from 4 major sins and bad people/ do not do bad deeds (stealing, cheating, fraud) you should b fine. End of the day, if you were to wear chunni and do bad all that what good is the chunni?

in a nice way you have to explain to your husband ESPECIALLY yer feelings. Let it all out.