Dying Beard

Question for you all,

what is the proper maryada in terms of dying (coloring) the beard? The reason I ask id I have seen many raagis, parchariks, even samprada singhs use some kinds way to keep there beard black. I ma not sure if there is something that is used that is within the constraints of maryada or it is out right not allowed to color the beards.

Can you let me know what you think. Is there some kind've formula that is used to keep the beard black or are they just falling prey to fashion?

you are not supposed to colour your hair whether by dye or henna. Of course if you improve your diet and your colour starts coming back that's a natural change . when the melanocytes switch off the colour production goes , when I went raw vegan and encouraged my Mum too  some colour came back into her greying hair and her skin got youthful lalli to it again. Copper rich and magnesium rich veg and fruits can do that switch them back on.

6 hours ago, samosasingh said:

Question for you all,

what is the proper maryada in terms of dying (coloring) the beard? The reason I ask id I have seen many raagis, parchariks, even samprada singhs use some kinds way to keep there beard black. I ma not sure if there is something that is used that is within the constraints of maryada or it is out right not allowed to color the beards.

Can you let me know what you think. Is there some kind've formula that is used to keep the beard black or are they just falling prey to fashion?

Highly doubtful that samparda Singhs are using some dye to keep their beard black. If they are using oil to replenish minerals, etc., like mustard oil, or amla oil, that's a different matter.

Anyway, in case you are wondering, the prohibition on coloring your beard (or hair) is not just another random rehit (people think, "Oh no, yet another rehit to fulfill, it never ends!") The reason is tied into hukum. Once you accept hukum (the will of God), then you accept the way God made you, and you accept your body. You also accept the finality and inevitability of death, and of the aging process. Not dyeing your hair is acceptance of God's will. And, on the other hand, trying to mess with your body is defiance of his will.

In the general maryada under Article XXIV, ..see below

"Dishonoring of hair"  ->which includes tampering of any sort  and then part q3, specifically states  "one who dyes his beard"

The under mentioned four transgressions (tabooed practices) must be avoided:

1. Dishonoring the hair;

2. Eating the meat of an animal slaughtered the Muslim way;

3. Cohabiting with a person other than one’s spouse;

4. Using tobacco.

In the event of the commission of any of these transgressions, the transgressor must get rebaptised. If a transgression is committed unintentionally and unknowingly, the transgressor shall not be liable to punishment. You must not associate with a Sikh who had uncut hair earlier and has cut it or a Sikh who smokes. You must ever be ready for the service of the Panth and of the gurduwaras (Sikh places of worship). You must tender one tenth of your earnings to the Guru. In short, you must act the Guru’s way in all spheres of activity. You must remain fully aligned to the Khalsa brotherhood in accordance with the principles of the Khalsa faith. If you commit transgressionof the Khalsa discipline, you must present yourself before the congregation and beg pardon, accepting whatever punishment is awarded. You must also resolve to remain watchful against defaults in the future.

q. The following individuals shall be liable to chastisement involving automatic boycott:

1. Anyone maintaining relations or communion with elements antagonistic to the Panth including the minas (reprobates), the masands (agents once accredited to local Sikh communities as Guru’s representatives, sine discredited for their faults and aberrations), followers of Dhirmal or Ram Rai, etc. users of tobacco or killers of female infants.

2. One who eats/drinks leftovers of the unbaptised or the fallen Sikhs

3. One who dyes his beard

4. One who gives off son or daughter in matrimony for a price or reward

5. Users of intoxicant (hemp, opium, liquor, narcotics, cocaine, etc.)

6. One holding, or being a party to, ceremonies or practices contrary to the Guru’s way

7. One who defaults in the maintenance of Sikh discipline