In addition, one problem with research within Indian tradition is that there are very few original documents to use as source material pre-mughal era. Indian philosophical traditions are largely orally transmitted. Compounded by the fact that it is in poetic meter. 

1 minute ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

In addition, one problem with research within Indian tradition is that there are very few original documents to use as source material pre-mughal era. Indian philosophical traditions are largely orally transmitted. Compounded by the fact that it is in poetic meter. 

Both of your responses are much appreciated!

I've read the new illustrated Shastar vidya book by Harjit Singh Sagoo and it's backed by textual evidence from numerous Hindu epics, scriptures and treatises, such as the Mahabharat, Ramayan, Nitiprakashik, Shukraniti, Kamadakiya Nitisar, Agni Puran, etc. I got it from Amazon. There's also a trailer about the book on YouTube. This is pre-Mughal martial arts.

There are plenty of texts are out there, but it seems most people are not going through them the way Sagoo did. He's put the book title, chapter and section next to the excerpts and has even drawn illustrations to show the fighting techniques. I've also read in another book that there are unpublished dhanurvedas in Indian libraries, just sitting there. I intend to do something about that one day when I can gather some funds.

1 minute ago, Ashtabhuja said:

Both of your responses are much appreciated!

I've read the new illustrated Shastar vidya book by Harjit Singh Sagoo and it's backed by textual evidence from numerous Hindu epics, scriptures and treatises, such as the Mahabharat, Ramayan, Nitiprakashik, Shukraniti, Kamadakiya Nitisar, Agni Puran, etc. I got it from Amazon. There's also a trailer about the book on YouTube. This is pre-Mughal martial arts.

There are plenty of texts are out there, but it seems most people are not going through them the way Sagoo did. He's put the book title, chapter and section next to the excerpts and has even drawn illustrations to show the fighting techniques. I've also read in another book that there are unpublished dhanurvedas in Indian libraries, just sitting there. I intend to do something about that one day when I can gather some funds.

Good luck to you my friend.. All knowledge and exploration is of value even if people disagree with the proposition? 

I'd be happy to make some suggestions and help with any fundraising if you so wished.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Good luck to you my friend.. All knowledge and exploration is of value even if people disagree with the proposition? 

I'd be happy to make some suggestions and help with any fundraising if you so wished.. 

Thank you for your good wishes, my friend.

Please feel free to make any suggestions.

13 minutes ago, Ashtabhuja said:

Thank you for your good wishes, my friend.

Please feel free to make any suggestions.

I would suggest crowd sourcing as a possibility? 

7 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I would suggest crowd sourcing as a possibility? 

Yes, that's probably the best way. I think that was how a Singh funded the creation of the Garja Singh statues.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-12 at 3:54 PM, Ashtabhuja said:

There is a short booklet called Shastar vidya, by Baba Gian Singh (published by Budha Dal). I believe it was first published decades ago. Most of it is full of warrior philosophy and martial verses from the Dasam Granth. There are some dagger-fighting descriptions towards the end.

Post the scans up.

2 hours ago, Ashtabhuja said:

Here you go, Destruction. Found the PDF on Gatka website:

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/bd5529_0ad27fa7939c47ccb5faf521ecfb0ac4.pdf

Please kindly share your thoughts after reading it.

Ashtabhuja 

Whoever you are. Thank you! 

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, Destruction said:

Ashtabhuja 

Whoever you are. Thank you!

No problem, Destruction. Glad to help.

Would you care to share your thoughts on the book? Comments on the combat section?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashtabhuja said:

No problem, Destruction. Glad to help.

Would you care to share your thoughts on the book? Comments on the combat section?

The book is not just baba gyan Singh, others like pyara singh contributed to it, I had a few pages currently. So far it is amazing.

tomorrow Nihang Nidar Singh is teaching in west London at a seminar pop down and ask him any questions on shastar vidiya, I am sure he would answer them.