Guest Jacfsing2

Why Teaching Others Is Hard?

Guest Jacfsing2

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Why is it hard to inspire others to live a Gurmukh lifestyle, when it's meant to be good for people? Also why don't most people learn lovingly, but only want to learn when there is something else involved, (pressure to learn). I hope everyone improves and tries to follow Guru Sahib, but sometimes it just fails. How can I improve myself, so that more people are willing to listen? I feel my heart is in the right place, but nothing happens. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

Your post sounds like you are a young kid. Stop trying to live your life through others. I can tell from experience don't rely on anyone- need is a form of Maya an illusion. "If you serve maya it will bite and swallow you like a snake". Live your life-trust only your Guru. Most people are -  What is in it for me .

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Why is it hard to inspire others to live a Gurmukh lifestyle, when it's meant to be good for people? Also why don't most people learn lovingly, but only want to learn when there is something else involved, (pressure to learn). I hope everyone improves and tries to follow Guru Sahib, but sometimes it just fails. How can I improve myself, so that more people are willing to listen? I feel my heart is in the right place, but nothing happens. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

Humans are generally creatures of experience. We tend to learn more keenly and absorb the lessons life has to give when there's a painful reminder or two of the alternative. When life is going swimmingly for a person without any conscious religious or spiritual dedication, why would you expect them to challenge their comfortable existence with various existentially precarious and uncertain thoughts and concepts? 

People listen when they have a concrete reason to listen. Why did people heed the bachchans of our Guru Sahibs? Look at the social and religious situations at the time. People were desperate for guidance; for relief and a form of hope. Hinduism had failed a large proportion of those on the lowest rung of the ladder of society, and Islam was undertaking its typically intolerant and unrelenting methods of conduct. Something was required to inspire the people and to provide them with some semblance of self respect and mettle. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Why don't you just do it yourself and not obsess about other people's journeys? 

I can tell you one way to improve yourself btw. Stop being lazy and train. 

I believe that people have different levels of kamai that makes them further or less further along the path. Waheguru is teaching people according to their own worth. Don't start thinking you know better than Waheguru. 

Edited by dallysingh101
  • Like 1

Everyone needs encourage every now and then. When we look at ourselves we may have wished to be performing much better than what we already are - both in our private lifestyle, education and jobs.

The people who feel satisfied will not make any effort to move forward.  We make an effort to better ourselves when we want to get somewhere or achieve something. 

We need to realise the emptiness of our lives in order to work hard to achieve some kamai especially religion wise.  Seeing a good example of a practising person is great. If that person goes further to push you to accept their lifestyle then you stand out defensively.  

This leaves the question- should you encourage others?  

Yes, you need to know who you can encourage and how.  If you go about telling people to keep their hair and wake up early - they will think you crazy. If you tell them the benefits that you achieved from doing so - the better. They realise work is needed but the benefits are great. 

The more important thing here is to listen to people first. Listen to their problems- their frustrations and then offer the solution.  Do not come out as a hero - admit that the path is hard and that you too need encourage.  That way when you forget - others remind you too. 

Planting the seed is the first task. Watering it, nourishing it, protecting it from birds and animals and weeding need to be performed too. Only then the true fruits are going to be reaped. It takes time.  All seeds grow into trees and bear fruit. Some faster, some slower, a few have too many issues so never make it. 

When you are on the path of encouraging others, make sure you are looking at your faults too and not just theirs. Perhaps they can offer to better you too. Everyone knows the difference between right and wrong but few manage to actually put it into practice. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Maybe this is because you're, more or less, so resoundingly simple? Try to recognise that there is more than one dimension, and try to accept there may even be positive aspects, to the people you don't like. People want to listen to someone that stimulates them intellectually, not someone that reduces everything to a couple of soundbites.

Perhaps this is also something to do with their impression of you? Maybe you're perceived as being, rightly or wrongly, someone not worth listening to?

Sadly, no matter how high truthful and beneficial the message, in this case, even the path of Gurmat, people tend to judge the messenger before they pay any heed whatsoever to the message.

To provide you with an example, you could do much worse than look to Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale for guidance in this respect.

Sant ji was, on the face of it, identical to nearly every other parcharak. He wasn't the only bhujangi educated in the Taksal, and he wasn't the only Amritdhari Singh. Others were given far better stages and opportunities to influence Panjab, nay bharat, for the commonwealth good. Yet, despite these obvious similarities, ungint numbers of bharatis felt raised, inspired and compelled to step onto the path of Sikhi due to hearing Sant Ji's bachans, but at the same time, next to nobody and his dog listened to the other parcharaks even though they encouraged effectively the same thing.

Now go figure why. And don't try to reduce the reasons for this to a simple catchphrase or two when you do.

• Like 4

Guest Jacfsing2

I appreciate all the assistance, is there anything I can do to improve myself trying to help others, except listening to others?

6 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I appreciate all the assistance, is there anything I can do to improve myself trying to help others, except listening to others?

Help yourself first. Your ego is out of control, bro. What makes you think you're worth listening to? 

Guest Jacfsing2
29 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Help yourself first. Your ego is out of control, bro. 

Just so no one mistakes it, the part you highlighted was not meant like that. Nor have I ever claimed to be perfect.

30 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

What makes you think you're worth listening to? 

There is no quality about me, I'm not some Brahmgyani or Mahapurukh, there are some who didn't even listen to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji,or the Bhagats, even if i did simran 24/7 from the beginning of my life till the end of my life, I still wouldn't equal even the shoes these great beings wear.

50 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Just so no one mistakes it, the part you highlighted was not meant like that. Nor have I ever claimed to be perfect.

There is no quality about me, I'm not some Brahmgyani or Mahapurukh, there are some who didbhaktien listen to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji,or the Bhagats, even if i did simran 24/7 from the beginning of my life till the end of my life, I still wouldn't equal even the shoes these great beings wear.

You are absolutely right.

You are not offering anything about something  acheived by you.

You are just saying: hey men and women, of  this mayavee creation, I have seen the apaar wadeeayee of the Bani of our Guru Sahiban,  which has the key solution to reunite yourselves with Wahiguru Akal Purukh Himself, and I invite you to come and benefit from the unqueanchable spiritual wealth from it, if you go deeper in it and by applying it in a practical way in your lives: bhakti of Akal Purukh.

I do not see any ego in this your attitude, but being a well wisher to your fellow beings.

Sat Sree Akal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

There is no quality about me, I'm not some Brahmgyani or Mahapurukh, there are some who didn't even listen to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji,or the Bhagats, even if i did simran 24/7 from the beginning of my life till the end of my life, I still wouldn't equal even the shoes these great beings wear.

Okay, so how has the majesty of the revelation you're espousing manifested itself in your day-to-day life, that someone would look at you and think, "I want some of that!"  Currently what you're suggesting is the equivalent of stating, "I don't have much to show for it, but you'll just have to take my word for it, because I've heard from others in the know that it's all brilliant stuff." How has the "message" you apparently believe with such conviction impacted YOU?

Edited by MisterrSingh

10 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

How has the "message" you apparently believe with such conviction impacted YOU?

Obviously not enough to motivate him to get off his ar5e and hit the gym. 

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Obviously not enough to motivate him to get off his ar5e and hit the gym. 

Moni....giddar uncle ji picking on keshdhari again.  You don't even have the strength to keep hair uncut...moni ji da giddar uncle.....lol