Should Sikhs do a March

Big_Tera

Why dont Sikhs do a solidarity march against the terror attacks. It will shows that Sikhs are a separate people who not aligned with muslims.

It will show we are with the british people and condemn these acts of terror.  It will also educate people who we are and that we should not be mistaken for muslims. 

5 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Why dont Sikhs do a solidarity march against the terror attacks. It will shows that Sikhs are a separate people who not aligned with muslims.

It will show we are with the british people and condemn these acts of terror.  It will also educate people who we are and that we should not be mistaken for muslims. 

they joined in with vigils, issued statements etc ,you must not have being paying attention

7 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

they joined in with vigils, issued statements etc ,you must not have being paying attention

Its not the same as a march is it? Im not talking about large scale marches. 

To let the british people know were are against these attacks. 

13 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Your heart's in the right place, but I think this would be mistaken.

1. First of all, we didn't do the terror attack, so why should we march?

2. The mere fact of our marching will lead some viewers to think that our people were in some way responsible, and we're apologizing for it (to say "not all Muslims" agree with terrorism).

3. The news media has shown again and again that it will flat out lie and project Sikhs as Muslims. They are always looking for a "moderate Muslims marching" story, even going to the extent of stage-managing a protest for viewer consumption:

4. So the only reason for marching would appear to be to say "We hate the Muslims", which doesn't seem to be a great idea.

5. I do admit that it might be a good idea to march as part of another, general march. Just hold a banner that says "Sikhs are against terror attacks" or whatever.

13 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

I understand the sentiment but it would seem an excessive form of ingratiation on our part. There's no need. We have no reason to set ourselves apart, in such a visible manner, from other non-Muslim groups in order to condemn these attacks. In situations like these you keep your head down and observe the games being played. You don't take to the streets and start drawing attention to yourselves. That's the kind of foolishness that is unfortunately associated with our people. It serves no purpose whatsoever.

Guest Jacfsing2
58 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Don't be marching and protesting unless it's a cause worth being Shaheed for. Today we got protests and marches for some of the most extra reasons, that I don't think there should be these protests in the first place. If you were looking for not being mistaken for Muslims, that's not a cause worth protesting and marching for, that's something you just educate someone on.

There are three questions you should answer before going on a protest?

1. Is it worth your life?

2. Is it important or just some side-thing?

3. Will there be any REAL effect of it?

This is not an important cause by any of the three questions asked, it is a useless protest. We, (humans), already have enough weak protests that fall on death, (yes death, not deaf) ears.

Guest Jacfsing2
11 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Woah -- that escalated quickly. Marching in the UK doesn't entail the police spraying Sikhs down with bullets!

I know that, but now a days, people just protest anything. Second I'm not talking about the police beating you, but your fellow protesters. I read your statements and it seemed you agree with me, that protesting "not being Muslim", is not a worthy thing to protest. If you look at the old-age protesters like MLK in America, they believed their idea of "equality", to the death, which is why they had so much power. The Hippy revolution also in America genuinely believed they were fighting for something worth while, whereas our protests have been reduced to eating Samosas and other snacks. (That's actually the only reason some Sikhs go to Gurdwaras as well).

3 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I know that, but now a days, people just protest anything. Second I'm not talking about the police beating you, but your fellow protesters. I read your statements and it seemed you agree with me, that protesting "not being Muslim", is not a worthy thing to protest. If you look at the old-age protesters like MLK in America, they believed their idea of "equality", to the death, which is why they had so much power. The Hippy revolution also in America genuinely believed they were fighting for something worth while, whereas our protests have been reduced to eating Samosas and other snacks. (That's actually the only reason some Sikhs go to Gurdwaras as well).

Yeah, maybe we agree. I think that we should not march to antagonize the Muslims just for the sake of it, i.e., for nothing at all other than saying we're not Muslims. There's no reason to become the specific, number 1 targets of jihadi Muslims. Marching as part of an anti-terror march would be a different matter, because the focus is not on us specifically, and we also show that we have empathy with the victims, so we avoid the negative, and gain a bit of positive, as opposed to the scenario above, which is all negative, and little positive.

3 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Its not the same as a march is it? Im not talking about large scale marches. 

I think there is a lot of guilt on all sides with these things. Foreign shenanigans abroad, and attempts to control oil resources play their part in the mess. Ar5se-licking Saudis who then blatantly fund fundamentalist mosques/parchaar and whatnot all contribute to these things. Covert everyday racism as well.  I think a lot of Brits themselves know this (although they would never dare articulate it because they are sheeplike people).

So I think Sikhs jumping into the middle of this self-induced quagmire with some grand statement like marches is fudhuuness of the highest order myself. 

Let these war loving people people kill each other. Let's just try and minimise Sikh casualties if possible. 

People from the factions involved need to speak up about their own societies contributions to the mess. As Sikhs we should look on in disgust at all sides actions which have led to all this. 

Right now as Sikhs, we are as clean as can be in all this. I'm just waiting for some rectal parasite type peasant to jump in with some grand gesture of bhund-yaary. Any minute now...