Guest hello

marital relation

14 posts in this topic

WJKK WJKF Ji,

I will cut to the chase. Me and my husband are both Amritdhari and we try to keep our rehat as much as we can. We have had *edited before. I want to know do we need to go pesh or is it ok in Sikhi? We would like to continue in our love but both dont know if we have done wrong. I cant find any info in terms of Gurbani (Guru Granth Sahib Ji or Dasam Bani or ithaasak reference) talking about these two actions. 

Can someone provide a genuine mature answer please. thank u.

On 7/6/2017 at 0:46 PM, Guest hello said:

WJKK WJKF Ji,

I will cut to the chase. Me and my husband are both Amritdhari and we try to keep our rehat as much as we can. We have had *edited before. I want to know do we need to go pesh or is it ok in Sikhi? We would like to continue in our love but both dont know if we have done wrong. I cant find any info in terms of Gurbani (Guru Granth Sahib Ji or Dasam Bani or ithaasak reference) talking about these two actions. 

Can someone provide a genuine mature answer please. thank u.

Just peep silently deep into your heart, you will hear the voice of your conscience, telling you if you have done anything wrong or not.

Most of us know already what is right or not, but if ever any doubt, just remember, anything which takes you away from Wahiguru, that is "paap", that is sin, and on the contrary, anything which takes you nearer to Wahiguru, that is "punya"

Also, any karam done under the influences of the panj chor: kaam, krodh, lobh, moh and ahankar, is nothing else, but for sure bad karam, and as such, we need to ask for forgiveness from Wahiguru.

Sat Sree Akal.

3 people like this

Thank you so much for the reply. How exactly are we to tell the Panj Pyare? Like what term is used? Also we did these actions while im pregnant - i feel worse now knowing we've done bad while expecting...

2 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Just peep silently deep into your heart, you will hear the voice of your conscience, telling you if you have done anything wrong or not.

Most of us know already what is right or not, but if ever any doubt, just remember, anything which takes you away from Wahiguru, that is "paap", that is sin, and on the contrary, anything which takes you nearer to Wahiguru, that is "punya"

Also, any karam done under the influences of the panj chor: kaam, krodh, lobh, moh and ahankar, is nothing else, but for sure bad karam, and as such, we need to ask for forgiveness from Wahiguru.

Sat Sree Akal.

This guy speaks without asking Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  Gurbani clearly says go to Guru or his Gurmukh ( Punj pyare) for what is allowed and what is outside of Gurmat.  They decide not like this fool says; the corrupted inner conscience.

10 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

This guy speaks without asking Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  Gurbani clearly says go to Guru or his Gurmukh ( Punj pyare) for what is allowed and what is outside of Gurmat.  They decide not like this fool says; the corrupted inner conscience.

This is the most foollish and consciousless answer, can a expert in nonsense give like this poster, full of arrogance, ego and wickedness.

Verily the sign of a totally corrupted conscience.

Well what else can be expected from a cheap chap like you?

Better,  first you go to  the Guru or the panj pyare, to give you  a cure for this your chronical disease of foolishness.

Edited by harsharan000
3 people like this

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Every Amritdhari Sikh is given a Rehat when being given Amrit, and that Rehat outlines extramarital (not marital) relations as a Bujjar Kurehit.  If you were not engaged in extramarital relations (relations before marriage or with with others during marriage), then there is no restriction that is applied to you related to your marital relations.  

Yes, Gurbani does state that a Sikh should engage in worship of Akaal Purakh and seek that out as the supreme bliss, but marital relations are not forbidden (how else exactly is the majority of next generation of the Khalsa supposed to be born)? Now, if marital relations get in the way of Sikhi - Rehat, Naam Simran, Gurbani, Nitnem - then you have to look long and hard at why marital relations are compromising your Sikhi.

Reference from Dasam Patshah's Bani:

ਸੁਧਿ ਜਬ ਤੇ ਹਮ ਧਰੀ ਬਚਨ ਗੁਰ ਦਏ ਹਮਾਰੇ 
‘Since the time I realized the sense of maturity, which my Guru had taught,

ਪੂਤ ਇਹੈ ਪ੍ਰਨ ਤੋਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਜਬ ਲਗ ਘਟ ਥਾਰੇ 
“Aye My Son, so long as there is life m your body,

ਨਿਜ ਨਾਰੀ ਕੇ ਸਾਥ ਨੇਹੁ ਤੁਮ ਨਿਤ ਬਢੈਯਹੁ 
“You promise to enhance love with your own wife,

ਪਰ ਨਾਰੀ ਕੀ ਸੇਜ ਭੂਲਿ ਸੁਪਨੇ ਹੂੰ  ਜੈਯਹੁ ॥੫੧॥
“But never, even by mistake, bed with else’s wife.(51)

Whole verse can be found here:
https://www.sikhitothemax.org/shabad?id=9868&q=sjqh&type=0&source=D
Note:  Translation of "ਬਾਲ ਹਮਾਰੇ ਪਾਸ..."  seems wrong - Baal Hamare - (Listen) My child seems more appropriate, not "Listen Lady!".

2 people like this

Thank you everyone for your replies. I appreciate everyones input. One commenter asked about me and my husband having had 'just s..e..x' - but thats just it - it was not just s...e.x.. - it is the type of s..e..x we had - specifically AS and I gave him OS. We are both willing to go Pesh - if we have done wrong then we have done wrong. we will own up and next time try to control ourselves a bit more.

1. Will Waheguru forgive me as a mum for taking part in such actions whilst carrying our baby?

2. Will Waheguru forgive us for carrying out such actions?

3. How should we word these actipns to the Panj Pyare?

Thank you all.

In short it's still not considered a Kurehit. 

1 person likes this

On 12/6/2017 at 0:29 PM, Guest Original Poster said:

Thank you everyone for your replies. I appreciate everyones input. One commenter asked about me and my husband having had 'just s..e..x' - but thats just it - it was not just s...e.x.. - it is the type of s..e..x we had - specifically AS and I gave him OS. We are both willing to go Pesh - if we have done wrong then we have done wrong. we will own up and next time try to control ourselves a bit more.

1. Will Waheguru forgive me as a mum for taking part in such actions whilst carrying our baby?

2. Will Waheguru forgive us for carrying out such actions?

3. How should we word these actipns to the Panj Pyare?

Thank you all.

1) If we are bhoolanhaar, then He, is also Sadbhakshanhaar

2) Yes He will surely forgive, but that does not mean, after Him forgiving us, we cheat on him, and keep on repeating our mistakes again and again.

3) Talk to them straight forwardlywith humility and honesty, just as adults should do.

Do sincere Ardaas to Wahiguru, to give you strength,so that you may not blacken your faces again by falling shamelessly into kaam. 

You are seeing the effects by yourselves, of falling prey to kaam vaasnas, it made you fall, and now it is creating a heavy sense of guilty within you and restlesness.

Marriage does not mean, getting free license to give total freedom to kaam.

Marriage means, to have a control our kaam vaasnas, which otherwise is quite a difficult task, and means also deep respect and love for our spouse, otherwise what is the difference between us and the animals, then also, after being human beings, we are sikhs too.

So keeping Guru Jee in mind at all times, we should fulfill our relations with all, including spouses, and not degrading ourselves to those of subhuman species of lower levels of consciousness.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
1 person likes this

You dont need to pesh.

Pesh for following:

1.eating meat egg fish

2. Taking intoxicants

3. Cutting any hair

4. Sexual relations with someone not your spouse.

There is nothing wrong with any consensual sexual relations with your spouse.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• The bases of rehat didn't start in Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji time.  Bases of rehat is from Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji and its, Ik Onkar praise, hukam, Naam, and simran.  This guy says anyone can do paath.  Then how come he doesn't understand Tvad Parsad Swaiyve?  Swaiyve say bases of shastar vidyia is paath.  If Mona can do paath without Amrit how come they are not taking following the Gurus hukam to keep hair uncut?  This guy speaks of nihangs.  Nihangs say rehit is grown and paath is done by doing praise of Akal Purakh.  This guy must be talking to nidar the giddar who drinks alcohol and this niddars foundation. First 5 Gurus didn't even pick up a sword to fight anyone.  According to this poster this means the gurus never followed the active lifestyle rehit.  Neither did anyone of the Gurmukhs of the first 5 Gurus period.  Therefore these first 5 gurus only did paath which even the hindus and Muslims were doing.  See how ridiculous these extremist liberals thinking has gone.  They want people to stop reading Gurbani.  This makes people more vulnerable and can easily be swayed by these type of people.
    • Guest Jagsaw_Singh
      Southall had it from the early 80's Ranjeet. I didn't but everyone else around me did. People from Hounslow etc would call it the 'Southall innit accent' and I don't think any of us knew at the time how it would go on to become London's dominant accent. I remember at the time feeling bad how I wasn't speaking in the same way that all my friends and cousins had begun to speak. It made me feel bad but I put it down to the fact that I was spending way too little time doing 'southall things' and way too much time doing 'white things' (thinking back...kinda gayish camp things) such as reading poetry books while sitting in Highgate cemetery. I think that was my downfall. If I never did that I would have ended up speaking the way I should have ended up speaking. Thats actually quite interesting because it's always fascinated me how our perception of London manors and neighbourhoods is based entirely on man-made concepts of London Boroughs from the 1960's. For example, some council official in the 60's decided that a London Borough of Hounslow would be made and Brentford would be part of it. So now, when we think of Brentford we automatically associate it with Hounslow just because of that one decision from the 1960's. Historically however, Brentford, along with Boston Manor and Hanwell (W7) were positively joined at the hip with Southall and all 4 were considered extensions of each other. Another interesting point to remember is how we should salute our elders rather than critcise them for the way they pronounce 'Hounslow' and 'Southall'. These old timers from the pends back home have, without even knowing it, proven to be historically 100% accurate. We laughed and criticised them for prounouncing Hounslow as 'Hunslore' and Southall as 'Sultharle',  Nobody could ever have imagined how unbelievably right they are though for Hounslow is a modern day corruption of the original name of the town 'Hundslawe' and Southall is a modern day corruption of the original name of the town 'Sulaale; (Sir De Sulaale was given the plot of land we now know as Southall as a Knight's fee........A Knight's Fee in olde English Law is the equivalent of the olde Punjabi 'Jagir'. The greatest example of a Knights Fee (jagir) in our own Sikh history is the Manjki tract. It's fascinating.....all history is fascinating but this is truly fascinating....because this 'knight's fee' was given to the Dhaliwal Misl that raised the Nishan Sahib over the Red Fort in Delhi and therefore, in one fell swoop, ruled over the whole of the Indian sub-continent. To appease the Sikh misl, the mughals gave them a jagir (knight's fee) of a tract of land in Doaba. That land became to be known as the manjki tract and it;s inhabitants the manjki jats. Where it becomes really interesting is that 95% of the pioneer Sikhs in Southall, Canada, California and what was in the late 1800's the single biggest Sikh point of immigration: Australia (or 'Telia' as it became to be known in Punjabi) came from the Manjki tract) Oh definately full-blown 'Cockney' in the traditional sense Ranjeet. My mum's a classic example but its the same with many of my uncles and aunties born in Southall in the 1950's, 60's and early 70's.......From mid 70's onwards its a very different story. Southall's history actually gives us many clues as to how this phenomena came about. In the early 1900's right up untill the 60's it was a massive industrial hub. It was famous for 2 things...firstly for being the lunatic asylum capital of England and secondly for having 59% of it devoted to industry. Ignoring the major industries that chose Southall, particularly the International American brands that chose Southall as its base such as Johnson and Johnson, Quaker Oats and the German car maker Daimler Benz.....for the subject of this conversation we need to remember 2 things: the fact that Southall was a railway town and, most importantly, the Grand Union Canal (River Brent). The water, to be honest with you, defines the history of Southall and thus the history of the Sikhs of Southall more than anything else. For example, I'm sure everyone here has visited the massive and iconic Havelock Road Singh Sabha Gurdwara but who here realises that the very spot the Gurdwara sits was one, because of it's closeness to the water, was the site of Wedgewood's China plates factory complex ?  I mention that partly because that type of industry explains why Southall attracted so many Wesh people but obviously I'm digressing here because we're trying to explain the cockney element. From 1900 to 1930 (again because of Southall's river/canal connection) more than a dozen major brick, weaving and other factories moved out of Shoreditch in the East End of London and set themselves up in Southall. Their workers came with them. And their voices came with them too.
    • for my well-practiced ear (since I was born within sound of bow bells ( technically a cockney)  southall is more like the Essex accent rather than the true cockney accent (no apples and pears, jaffas or mutton phrases etc) . which makes sense as central line is direct link to the two halfs . One classic telltale sign is the constant use of innit as punctuation, you don't get that in Cockney it's used purely in sentence context. I agree there is a difference in vowel use and cadence south of the Water , I did three years there ,new cross, new cross gate, brockley (eldest born at Lewisham hospital),  it didn't take.