Sikh Commemoration Today

I visited the demo today at Trafalgar Square and was horrified and disappointed by what I saw.. Their are a number of issues with which I felt uncomfortable :
1. The banner under which the event was organized was to recognize, remember and seek redress for the victims of the state led pogroms against the Sikh community post the assassination of Indira gandhi... Under the international definition I believe there is a strong case to be made for what happened in Delhi in particular. One with which I agree 
2. At the protest the narrative was clearly of promoting Khalistan
3. The conflation of operation bluestar as a part of the atrocities in the wake of the assassination seem to be a callous manipulation and disservice to the memory of those killed in Delhi 
4. I thought it particularly offensive that on the stage huge banners of bluestar shaheeds were present at the absence of the victims. To me the victims could have been the widows or children 
5. In light of the attack in London last night people walking around with t shirts with ak47s is plain insensitive 

Please share your thoughts

Sukhsingh

WriterSPNerContributor

https://www.sikhphilosophy.net/threads/sikh-commemoration-today.49870/