Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

I seriously doubt britishers wanted to give sikhs a third country called "Sikhistan" in 1947 .

Muslims got pakistan just because muslim league grew weary of the designs of RSS and hindutva and felt muslims might not have a safe future in independent hindu majority india. 

We , on the other hand had leaders like "Tara Singh" who not only were hindutva based but also in 1963 went on with others to found Vishwa hindu parishad .

The reason britishers didn't even consider us is because we're too low in numbers and not that influential either. As Maskeen ji said "bahut bholi kaum haigi".

And then in 1947 we had to side with either pakistan or india and we wisely so chose india . 

Had we chosen pakistan, we would have been obliterated by now . 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
5 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

To have a modern Sikh state would not be in the interests of the other powers. I wonder if the British would have to predict and forsee certain things to not create this.

I have always said britishers have only abused sikhs for their own selfish motives, without paying our dues in return.

First they couldn't foresee sikh future in hindu homeland ? then their help to india in 1984 in op bluestar. and now borris <banned word filter activated> talks about whiskey in gurudwara. 

British kuttey aren't going to change. First we were soldiers of hindus , then of britishers , and now of whom ? I wonder ?

oh its india 

If britishers had some thankfulness to sikhs for us fighting for them in WW1 and 2 , they would have given sikhs their due in 47 itself . But white skinned ones are not kknown to be nice to other races

10 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I have always said britishers have only abused sikhs for their own selfish motives, without paying our dues in return.

First they couldn't foresee sikh future in hindu homeland ? then their help to india in 1984 in op bluestar. and now borris <banned word filter activated> talks about whiskey in gurudwara. 

British kuttey aren't going to change. First we were soldiers of hindus , then of britishers , and now of whom ? I wonder ?

oh its india 

If britishers had some thankfulness to sikhs for us fighting for them in WW1 and 2 , they would have given sikhs their due in 47 itself . But white skinned ones are not kknown to be nice to other races

You are going to have to start thinking outside the box and not follow this evil British Empire colonialism narrative that is pumped out.

As an empire they will naturally exploit like every other empire has done. What pi**es people of is that British Empire has been an extremely successful one.

I don't believe necessarily that our forefathers fought for the empire because somehow they will be rewarded with a nation of their own.

I think our forefathers had an opportunity and took it. It would have been for different reasons.

And this evil white skin reason is wearing a bit thin as well. White people are not the only people that can be racist. 

Chinese can be racist, so can Indians and Japanese. Even black people can be racist.

Ask a Chinese person about the Japanese and see the comments you get.

Ask a Vietnamese person what he thinks of Chinese people and see the comments you get.

Ask a person from Malaysia of Chinese or Indian descent and ask them about the Malay "bumiputra " policy.

I could go on and on.

34 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You are going to have to start thinking outside the box and not follow this evil British Empire colonialism narrative that is pumped out.

As an empire they will naturally exploit like every other empire has done. What pi**es people of is that British Empire has been an extremely successful one.

I don't believe necessarily that our forefathers fought for the empire because somehow they will be rewarded with a nation of their own.

I think our forefathers had an opportunity and took it. It would have been for different reasons.

And this evil white skin reason is wearing a bit thin as well. White people are not the only people that can be racist. 

Chinese can be racist, so can Indians and Japanese. Even black people can be racist.

Ask a Chinese person about the Japanese and see the comments you get.

Ask a Vietnamese person what he thinks of Chinese people and see the comments you get.

Ask a person from Malaysia of Chinese or Indian descent and ask them about the Malay "bumiputra " policy.

I could go on and on.

What's the point about going into that?

These other lot didn't totally obliterate what our ancestors built up with untold sacrifice. Maybe if someone else came along and did that, we'd be talking about what wa~*ers they were now, but they didn't, so we logically condemn them and not others. 

Your chaaploose instincts coming out are they? Aren't you the one who told us that his grandpa threw his war medals in the river or something (or was that someone else?)

I tell you what really is wearing out. Yet another Sikh defending or downplaying the destruction of sovereignty like it is some small thing - and not something that has totally changed global and regional reality for Sikhs for the worse. 

7 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What's the point about going into that?

These other lot didn't totally obliterate what our ancestors built up with untold sacrifice. Maybe if someone else came along and did that, we'd be talking about what wa~*ers they were now, but they didn't, so we logically condemn them and not others. 

Your chaaploose instincts coming out are they? Aren't you the one who told us that his grandpa threw his war medals in the river or something (or was that someone else?)

I tell you what really is wearing out. Yet another Sikh defending or downplaying the destruction of sovereignty like it is some small thing - and not something that has totally changed global and regional reality for Sikhs for the worse. 

I tell you what Dally.

I nominate you for as leader for all Sikhs and establish our Sikh state.

Bring back our power.

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I tell you what Dally.

I nominate you for as leader for all Sikhs and establish our Sikh state.

Bring back our power.

Forget that. Let's all first recognise that we've been shafted - and not praise our shafters for what a great job they did. 

Our fall is so hard, it'll take generations to reverse the slide. But first things first: let's all please shake off that colonial 'jedi mind trick' of making us think that our subjugators weren't such a bad deal for us. 

Besides, for now I believe building up our strength regionally is the way to go - forget pipe dreams of resurrecting any Sikh state for the moment. Let's just concentrate on being strong and not gullible fools where we stand right now.  I mean, many of us have just only just woken up to the stark fact that we've been on the receiving end of decades long drives to prostitute Sikh girls under our own noses. Let's see if we can deal with the 'small stuff' before we jump in over our heads.