AjeetSinghPunjabi

Punjabi / Sikh woman goes to her own wedding with just her sweat shorts as lowers

38 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Just imagine a guy going in shorts. 

Oh wait, patriarchy only wants women to dress skimpy 

A male's anatomy is different than a woman. If a male takes Amrit, he shouldn't wear any bottom other than Kachera. In pre-Sikh times, the Hindus didn't believe in respect for women at all, so they promoted outfits which didn't care about Issat at all. (Which is before the Sikh religion, everyone wore less clothing, even their Devti barely wore any clothing).

16 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

A male's anatomy is different than a woman. If a male takes Amrit, he shouldn't wear any bottom other than Kachera. In pre-Sikh times, the Hindus didn't believe in respect for women at all, so they promoted outfits which didn't care about Issat at all. (Which is before the Sikh religion, everyone wore less clothing, even their Devti barely wore any clothing).

I know in the time period of Ram and SIta the fashion for women was barechested as indicated by sculptures/art of that period . tight blouse but bare chest with chunni certainly changes the image of Sita as portrayed now .

27 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I know in the time period of Ram and SIta the fashion for women was barechested as indicated by sculptures/art of that period . tight blouse but bare chest with chunni certainly changes the image of Sita as portrayed now .

How can you be barechested if you're also wearing a blouse? Also, do you have any references that say that people were barechested back then?

Just now, BhForce said:

How can you be barechested if you're also wearing a blouse? Also, do you have any references that say that people were barechested back then?

I didn't make the fashion just telling how it was 

On 2017-6-7 at 1:45 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

. If a male takes Amrit, he shouldn't wear any bottom other than Kachera. 

Are you saying a man who has taken amrit shouldn't cover his kachhera with say cargo shorts or trousers ? 

On 2017-6-7 at 2:05 PM, jkvlondon said:

women in vedic period didn't use to wear blouse ! blouse is a recent invention to saree. 3000 yrs ago women just wore saree without blouse but still kept their nangez covered. 

10 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

women in vedic period didn't use to wear blouse ! blouse is a recent invention to saree. 3000 yrs ago women just wore saree without blouse but still kept their nangez covered. 

I saw a statue a while back  which looked bare but had the look of a waistcoat type (like they put in bollywood movies on tawaif's  dress to emphasis breasts). something similar in Minos fashion too

5 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I saw a statue a while back  which looked bare but had the look of a waistcoat type (like they put in bollywood movies on tawaif's  dress to emphasis breasts). something similar in Minos fashion too

Blouse was imposed or suggested by the british. One can tell from the word  origin.  Usually indian women just wore sari, as it was easier to breast feed. I think in indian culture, bare chest was not seen as bad or suggestive. The barechest was a symbol of motherhood. That is why, in india women are allowed to breast feed openly.Even now some fisherwomen in maharastra still wear sari without blouse.

Rule by the mughal and british ppl has changed the attitude of ppl. Tho i wonder when panjabi women adopted kaghare, garaare instead of sari. The transition from kagare/garaare to suits is fairly recent. My grandma says it happened when she was young. Her grandmother would not leave the house without tying a garaara over her salwaar, even just to deliver food to the fields. Suit and salwaar was common, but her grandma stuck to the old ways and did not feel comfortable stepping out of the house without a garaara.

49 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Blouse was imposed or suggested by the british. One can tell from the word  origin.

You do know the Indian word is choli, right?

There was an extremely popular (and controversial) song called "Choli ke peeche kya hai"

https://www.google.com/search?q=choli+ke+peeche

Edited by BhForce
hyperlink

Baba Deep Singh once removed his dastar to cover the modesty of a female who had been abducted by the Muslims... countless times Singhs preserved the honour of thousands of women and what do we have today.... pathetic half men defending this kind of behaviour! What she wears in her day to day life is her business but you clowns are defending her appearing infront of Guru Sahib dressed like that. To all you pro feminist half men... ask your mother, sister, daughter or wife to dress like that & take her to the gurdwara... let's see how your feminism is then. A REAL man is naturally a feminist in that he respects, honours & protects his woman.... a real feminist is not someone who supports a woman parading half naked infront of Guru Sahib. 

News flash for all you pathetic 'feminist' half men.... women want a real man, an alpha male who respects her, keeps her safe & protected & supports her....real women don't want a pathetic doormat.

Edited by Mahakaal96
2 people like this

7 hours ago, CHaamCHrick said:

Her feet look darker than her rest of the body with toe nails covered with chipped nail colour. They have ghastly looks.

Mehndi layi a pairan te 😂. You got X-ray vision or wat, lol@chipped nail colour. 

1 person likes this