Punjabi / Sikh woman goes to her own wedding with just her sweat shorts as lowers

26 minutes ago, BhForce said:

1. For some definitions of chauvinistic, third-world, religious, and patriarchal, Guru Sahiban were all of those. Are those bad things, in your view?

Chauvinistic meaning promoting your own nation. Since Guru Nanak Dev ji founded the Nirmal Panth, one might assume that Guru Sahib sees it as superior. If it's not, then there's a fault in Guru Nanak ji. Third-world meaning not America and its allies. Our homeland was not poor before it was plundered by the British. It was rich. Religious (does it need definition?) and patriarchal meaning descent through the male line. Our Gurus were all religious and patriarchal. In fact, they are all male! Perhaps God is patriarchal and sexist, in choosing the Gurus.

2. I don't have a problem with gym shorts, or Nike's gym shorts in particular, but I see no reason to change the existing Gurdwara maryada, whether written or unwritten.

3. Is there anything not interdicted Guru Granth Sahib that you would have banned? I.e., do you believe that you can do anything not specifically banned (in so many words) in Guru Granth Sahib?

4. If she is cannot be forced to wear a pajami in Guru's Darbar, is there anything to force her to wear a choli (women's top) or equivalent? And on what basis? Is this basis to be found in Guru Granth Sahib?

5. If she is not Amritdhari, she has no reason to have to wear a kachera, correct? So why does she need to wear Nike gym shorts? No reason at all, correct?

I await your response to all questions.

I was being sarcastic. Your original post gave me a belly laugh. I've not had one of those in quite a while.

29 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:
  Hide contents

I was being sarcastic. Your original post gave me a belly laugh. I've not had one of those in quite a while.

OK, don't I feel stupid. You had me going there.

You might want to used a /sarc tag next time, because on the Internet, it's extremely hard to discern sarcasm:

Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture that states that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers or viewers as a sincere expression of the parodied views.[1][2][3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

8 minutes ago, BhForce said:

OK, don't I feel stupid. You had me going there.

You might want to used a /sarc tag next time, because on the Internet, it's extremely hard to discern sarcasm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Heh, I assumed my unique brand of humour was well-known around these parts. It's not a problem, brother. My fault. 

3 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

you are having a laugh aren't you ...this tramp wouldn't dress like that to go to the queen's house  because she'd know you have a level of decorum for such places. Simply put she does not respect or understand Our Guru ji's Darbar is the Darbar of the King of Kings

Did the sevadaars at the Gurdwara actually let her enter the building dressed like that?