digraceful indian punjabi woman sukwinder javeed and her muslim husband going to be on uk big brother tv show

genie

13 minutes ago, satsangee said:

this is definatley what has been happening - as I gave in my example from school.

But in my opinion the issue goes deeper - we need to know what is happening with the females in our community, why are they so disgruntled with our society, especially when Sikhs as a whole are very easy going, allowing daughters to study and pursue careers.

many apnian just don't wanna know, and from my understanding its the conditioning at home.

Im not event talking about modern auntyian - Im reffering to some very traditional women, who tell their daughters they need not worry if there potential match is not a sikh

One word: hypergamy 

t's unfortunate  that general world culture has gradually moved away from the idea that facial and lengthy hair in general is the default norm for the male appearance, and the idea that a smart and visually appealing demeanour is generally only possible through the careful grooming of hair. Any trends that come into being where long hair becomes fashionable are cyclical and fleeting in nature, and certainly not comparable to the long-term commitment expected of orthodox Sikhs.

I think getting stuck on this is a red herring. A man's man, would appear so, whether he was unshaven or shaven. Internal confidence and strength get projected outward regardless of appearance. 

This whole facial hair thing (as you noticed) is cyclical and it doesn't mean a hirsute bloke can't attract females. Right now every other gora is keeping a big beard with twisted moustache and it doesn't stop them attracting girls. 

The argument about clean-shaven Punjabi males being eschewed by Sikh females in favour of non-Sikh men - as in the case of this Big Brother couple - is a somewhat separate discussion.

Or maybe it isn't.

Clearly, in contemporary society, appealing to members of the opposite sex is arguably one of the biggest contributors to Sikh males cutting their hair, with the assumption being that if a Sikh male doesn't cut his hair, he won't attract a mate he assumes he deserves

I'd say employment issues are an even bigger (if not equal)  factor. 

22 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think getting stuck on this is a red herring. A man's man, would appear so, whether he was unshaven or shaven. Internal confidence and strength get projected outward regardless of appearance. 

This whole facial hair thing (as you noticed) is cyclical and it doesn't mean a hirsute bloke can't attract females. Right now every other gora is keeping a big beard with twisted moustache and it doesn't stop them attracting girls. 

Or maybe it isn't.

I think you're downplaying the issue. Appearance is a huge constituent of attraction, especially the kesh subject I've identified. Other unspoken qualities are certainly a factor, but visual attraction is key. It's the same reason top-tier females ignore short, aesthetically displeasing, and overweight men. Those are biological markers of suitability that are hardwired into women when a choice is available to them. All the male swagger and bravado in the world isn't going to be of much help when you're barely up to her armpits. The kesh issue is a relatively recent cultural development in the context of human history.

A gora growing a beard and enjoying his pick of the ladies for one-off encounters isn't remotely in the same ballpark as a Gursikh hoping to attract a female of a similar mentality who's also expected to adhere to the same religious tenets as the male, if we're talking about marriage and lifelong commitments. 

Guest Jacfsing2
46 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'd say employment issues are an even bigger (if not equal)  factor. 

Employment is a factor, but not when comparing a first-time meeting someone. If someone doesn't think they are good enough mentally for someone else it will only lead problems. There are 2 scenarios which I believe someone shouldn't be asking another person out or be a life partner, which most people would support:

1. If they like the other person way too much to think rationally.

2. If they feel they aren't good enough for them.

Both of these 2 scenarios will make a Ghulami. 

I just feel bad whenever somebody is having crushes and they start feeling it's "true love",(it's normal for someone to have these feelings), because the parents never told them to think rationally before making a decision. 

14 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Oh dear... Here we go.. 

1. Can you please substantiate your allegation that I sneered at a proclamation of our Gurus? 

2. Disappointingly, You have just demonstrated how hollow your critique of me is. You echoed  the the language of jkvlondon who made the comment "lose the sneering tone if you really want people to engage you" in reference to my criticism of genie.. However,  your instincts to belittle me without being concise has inadvertently led you to make a false accusation against me. Please show me where in this thread I have sneered at a proclamation of Guru sahib?.. 

3. Ego.. . You have repeatedly sought to mock my grasp of the English language and not being intelligent.. (which I happen to agree with, I'm pretty unintelligent and definitely could improve my Hinglish).. The fact that you sought to mock me, suggest I don't have a good grasp of English, and not intelligent (whether any of that is true or not) inherently suggests that you believe that you are more intelligent than me (which if there was a test to qualify and measure intelligence I'm sure you would perform better).. is a egotistical.. 

Do you want me to continue? 

1) you seem to be making light of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's 52 Hukamnamas, then you accused someone of being "worse than Ram Rai", last I checked no one here was altering Gurbani to please others.

2) echoing the language of someone who put it better than anyone else is hardly hollow. Will you now argue that those who use Gurbani to best explain how they feel are hollow? are empty? Just for the record in-case you purposely try to twist this another way, no i am not suggesting anything is even remotely equal to Gurbani.

3)  *sigh* correcting someones grammar and calling them unintelligent is stating facts and opinions. I think babies are unintelligent due to their age, I also think superstitious people are unintelligent. Guru Gobind Singh Ji calls those people who worship idols are being fools, will you now call The Sargun Roop of Waheguru egotistical? However I never said I was more intelligent than you, that's your assertion not mine. Quite frankly this entire thread has been you just getting triggered when someone refutes you and then going off and calling them bigots/hypocrites etc. Now you're attempting to act like a victim over this whole ordeal. Real nice.

43 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I just feel bad whenever somebody is having crushes and they start feeling it's "true love",(it's normal for someone to have these feelings), because the parents never told them to think rationally before making a decision. 

This "somebody" wouldn't happen to be a guy who posts on this forum with a username that begins with 'J' and ends with '2'?

Don't be a cuck! ? 

Guest Jacfsing2
14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

This "somebody" wouldn't happen to be a guy who posts on this forum with a username that begins with 'J' and ends with '2'?

Don't be a cuck! ? 

No:@! From the very beginning I have never believed that "true love", can be given from or to any human. Also I wouldn't be a Ghulami, I'd feel too uncomfortable. Let's just say I've known some people, who can only talk about girls for some reasons or another and they had no real importance in their conversations.