Who is a Pendu?

This term Pendu is being used as an insult toward others.  When they use this term they are implying the person is uneducated and doesn't follow Sikhi.  Lets go through our history and see who are pendus.  Bhagat Prahlad ji refused to study and refused to accept his father as the Supreme.  Instead this pendu, Bhagat Prahlaad ji wanted to repeat Raam Raam in praise of Vaheguru.  Bhagat Dhanna Jatt ji is alsos a Pendu as a farmer.  Bhagat Kabir ji, Bhagat Ravidas ji, Bhagat Farid ji Bhagat Naamdev ji were all pendus.  

Now lets look at Guru Nanak Dev ji.  He also refused to study and instead got the children with him to chant Vaheguru's Naam.  Further this Pendu, our Guru was a farmer.  All the Gurus put full emphasis on Naam Simran and studying secular knowledge was last or non existent.  They lived in the pinds and raised their children in the pind.  It was in the pind where Sikhi roots were laid.  

Lets add more to this Pendu list:

Baba Deep Singh

Bhai Taru singh ji

Bhai Jeevan Singh ji

All of the first Punj pyare

Mother of the Khalsa; Mata Sahib KAUR ji

Baba Gurbax Singh ji

How many of the shaheeds of 1984 should I list who were all pendus.  They laid their lives down so today these cowards who call themselves Sikhs but don't even keep hair uncut and/or accept Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji as Guru and Vaheguru can live peacefully.  

I'm a proud Pendu as my Gurus and Bhagats and Gurmukhs and Gursikhs and Santa and Shaheeds.  This Pendu lineage has saved many lives and given the breath of life to the soul.  

nothing wrong with being a pendu. Actually some kenya sikhs have tried using it as a slur towards me a few times, and even the term "indian mentality".

But then there's also the term unparh pendu which actually emphasises dimness. I think this term is justified!

I also tried to use the term village <banned word filter activated> on this forum, but the term for stupid beginning with the letter 'i' seems to be banned on here. 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, ipledgeblue said:

I also tried to use the term village <banned word filter activated> on this forum, but the term for stupid beginning with the letter 'i' seems to be banned on here. 

It's not that hard to break the automated algorithm, just space it out.

6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

nothin as tnrong with being a  Gpeninu. Actually some kenya sikhs have tried using it asina slur towards me a few times, land even the term "indian mentality".

But then there's also the term unparh pendu which actually emphasises dimness. I think this term is justified!

Kenya sikhs have an Inflated ego which lwads them  to believe they are more superior. However religion wise thay are not. They have managed to amass great amounts of wealth which leads them to forget about their main purpose In life. They have been mislead yo rhink they will escape the pending judgement from dharam raaj at the end of their days.

However It should be appreciated that It gets difficult for cultures to blend Into each other. Therefore when people do things differently and In a manner which seems unsmart there Is a high risk of being labelled pendu. 

However pendus have some smart abklities which no one quite notices most of yhe tiMes.

12 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

pendu = simpleton/innocent nothing more or less
nothing to do with sikhi levels 

the pandit would have considered Bhagat DHanna a Pendu , but in sikhi terms he was streets ahead

100% true. But in terms of actual education Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born all knowing. I don't think its fair to lump him in any of our usual mundane stuff.

Ok, if we shouldn't use the word pendu then wat should we use for the current lehar of panjabi immigrants. They respect no law, have no morals, are willing to cut any corners to get ahead. The dadi is a baba believing, dive lighting, manipulative shrew. Whos answer to any injunction by the sikh faith is wat do the babas know abt living in the real world, while she shakes her head, ears and neck full of gold. Of her grandchildren, the son uses hard drugs and tries to find ways to make quick money, selling drugs, because he was never taught to work, the housework is for women and field work is for bhaiye. He has flashy phones amd cars. One of the granddaughters is constantly mocked and belittled for being dark colored and asked to do all the housework and put in her womanly place so that she hates the panjabi/sikh culture and associates it with oppression and backwardsness and so her main mission in life is feminism and getting out of the house esp with anyone who will complement her beauty. ( ie groomed). The other granddaughter is praised for her intelligence and or beauty. And expected to be successful. She is allowed all freedoms and can do she wants. She wants to wear mini skirts and if the dadi has qualms, all she has to say is, but mom everyone is wearing this, its part of the job, and instantly her mom is on her side, twlling her do watever she needs to succeed. The moms main goal in life is spoiling her children. Take their side and lavish worldly riches on them. The dad is locked in comparing his life to others, the gills just bought a store, their son has a porshe, their daughter is a dr. And he has anger management issues. The family jumps to attention and coddles him after one of his episodes. Then goes back to ignoring him. This is the most extreme example, but most recent immigrants are somewhere on this spectrum...i only know to call it panjabi or pendu or immigrant mentality...all of which i know good qualities of as well, so wat term would u use?