UK General Election: Jeremy Corbyn Or Theresa May Who Do You Think Will Win?

genie

My bet is on Jeremy and Labour winning,

The Tory manifesto has nothing positive for the electorate to vote for plus Theresa may/ conservatives have proved to be weak on islamic terrorism, mass muslim immigration and policing and security.

I also think Theresa is trying to lose the election as she doesn't want to deal with the huge challenge of brexiting from the EU ahead of her.

Who do I think will win? The Tories.

Which party do I want to see win? Neither. 

I'm actually warming to Corbyn. The frankly disgraceful way the PLP in Labour have tried to undermine him from day one is nothing short of treason. 

Edit: Treason, in a manner of speaking, not actual treason.

I dont want either party to win either, both have policies that can have a huge negative impact on the UK. However out of the two bad options I personally think Jeremy's labour party is the better purely based on his more positive investment in services manifesto rather than the negative one of cuts offered by theresa may.

You asked who would win, then you went to say who should win.

Anyway, disregarding policy details, the one thing that stands out to me in regards to Theresa May is the sense that she is dedicated to putting the interests of Britain first. By contrast, Jeremy Corbyn seems not to be dedicated to any such notion, as he has to in his mind balance Britain's interests with the rest of the EU and of the rest of the world, too.

Theresa May seems to me to be determined to get the best deal for Britain in her negotiations with the EU. As such she has repeatedly stated that no deal would be better than a bad deal, meaning she is prepared to walk away. (No deal would mean repealing the European Communities Act, leading to EU law being unenforceable in the UK, and trade happening under World Trage Organization rules--a few percent as opposed to zero percent now, and perhaps EU property located in the UK seized by the UK.)

Now, as anyone who has ever done a negotiation knows, you have to be prepared to walk away, and make the other party know that. Imagine what sort of negotiation you would have for a new house if you announced in advance to the selling party that no matter what, you are going to get a deal. No matter if the seller increases the price by 10%, 20%, 50%, even 100%, you will accept anything and everything, but you will absolutely complete the deal. This would be sheer nonsense and absolute lunacy. Yet, this is exactly what Jeremy Corbyn has announced in relation to the EU negotiations. By the way, the EU has indeed increased its demand for an incredible $50 billion divorce bill to an utterly mad $100 billion.

Looking at the way Theresa May has the will to do right by her people makes me wonder why we never get leaders to do right by us. My sense of our leaders is that they will capitulate to anything and everything just to "get a deal", and they are not prepared to walk away. How wonderful it would be if our leaders would state that they are going to enter negotiations with Haryana and Rajasthan for payment for Punjab water flowing into their states. And if they're unable to secure a deal, they will "walk away", i.e., stop the flow of water.

6 hours ago, AjaipalSingh said:

Democracy is a system proven to fail.

Guroo Gobind Singh jee has already given us the perfect method to manage a society and that is through the system of panj rehatvaan gursikhs to be our form of government.

Umm, what? 

We were talking about the UK elections, and you come back and say Punj Piyare is the system of governance for us? How does that relate to the subject matter of this thread?

PLEASE SHARE AND ASK OTHERS TO SHARE ??

Turiya does not get involved in politics per se.

But ithihaas gives us gyaan with regards to showing support for those who have dharam at their core and are our friends.  

There are many examples in ithihaas, but one famous one is how Guru Gobind Singh Ji blessed and gave eternal respect/protection to Shere Muhammed Khan's family, due to Shere Muhammed acting as a true Muslim and speaking out against the fatwa to bury the chhote sahibzade alive given by the corrupt Muslim Quazi and accepted by the corrupt Muslim Nawaab and his corrupt court.

To this day, the Muslims of Malerkotla are protected and treated with the utmost respect.

Jeremy Corbyn was one of the only politicians in 1984, who spoke out against Operation Blue Star and the attack on the holiest of Sikh Gurdwarai.  To this day he seeks to help and protect Sikh rights 'fully' including the right to wear a kirpaan.  He has also genuinely been calling for and will continue to, an 'proper' investigation into the Tory parties (Thatchers) role in helping the Indian government plan the attack.  In comparison, Thatcher the advisory butcher, is worshipped by David Cameron and Theresa May.

We have a once in a lifetime chance to make a man with principles, honesty, compassion and courage... and who is a true friend to the Sikhs, the LEADER of our country.

Please steer clear of all the billionaire funded media propaganda and 'look' at manifestos from unbiased sources. Listen to the candidates speak. Look at their history and their character. Look at what they are willing to do for our society AND world society and cohesion ??

IMG_0207.JPG