Eating after Kirtan Sohila Sahib?

Guest Singh

Guest Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki fateh! 

Sangat Ji I  did ask this quesrion before but I dont know why it didnt make it onto the main gupt page..anyways I was just curious as to whether I could eat after doing Kirtan Sohila or not. I know you're supposed to Kirtan Sohila before going to sleep but I usually spend 1 and a half hours to 2 and a half hours sometimes more doing paath in which I miss the time to eat Roti. Just curious if I could eat after Kirtan Sohila as I'm usually hungry after paath and just have a bottle of water to keep my stomach from growling all night.

Thanks for taking the time to read my question and reply to it. 

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki fateh!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 9:35 AM, Guest Singh said:

Sangat Ji I  did ask this quesrion before but I dont know why it didnt make it onto the main gupt page..anyways I was just curious as to whether I could eat after doing Kirtan Sohila or not. I know you're supposed to Kirtan Sohila before going to sleep but I usually spend 1 and a half hours to 2 and a half hours sometimes more doing paath in which I miss the time to eat Roti. Just curious if I could eat after Kirtan Sohila as I'm usually hungry after paath and just have a bottle of water to keep my stomach from growling all night.

I do know that rehitvan Singhs don't eat before doing their morning Nitnem, and there is also a rehitnama to this effect. But I don't know of any such injunction for the nighttime.

That's probably because normally you do Kirtan Sohila right before you go to bed.

Can't you do your extra paath before Kirtan Sohila? Do paath, eat, then do Kirtan Sohila on your bed.