Guest singh21

accidentaly drank alcohol

Guest singh21   
Guest singh21

Yesterday, I went to a school party. At the bar i asked for non-alcoholic drink as I am amritdhari, But I was accidentaly  given a beer containing 5% alcohol. 

I swear to God, I didn't like the taste and after  tasting it  i threw it away. Just after that, people started telling that I was turning red and i also felt myself uncomfortable. maybe because i hadn't eaten anything earlier.

My question is that is accidental or minimal consumption of alcohol a sin? Will i have to present myself in front of the 5 pyare and get rebaptised again? are non-alcohol beers also prohibited?

Guest Guest Singh   
Guest Guest Singh

Why didn't you ask for a Coke or Orange juice. No confusion then! 

• Like 2

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Amritdhari - party - bar. Words that shouldn't really be in the same paragraph.

• Like 4

Not2Cool2Argue    346

These questions should be addressed to the panj. Just go to the next amrit sanchaar and admit what happened. And then they will decide if it was wrong , if u have to retake amrit or get punishment. 

That's what the panj is for to resolve questions and doubts

• Like 2

monatosingh    98
8 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

or get punishment. 

Not saying I have drank alcahol, but what will happen as a punishment?

Not2Cool2Argue    346
4 hours ago, monatosingh said:

Not saying I have drank alcahol, but what will happen as a punishment?

You have to do extra paath or seva. Nowadays punishments are not that severe. In the past, well Mahraja Ranjit singh was ordered to be whipped.then again he did it intentionally

MisterrSingh    2,803

Is the logic behind prescribing extra paaths for pesh supposed to eliminate the burden of the transgression? It does make sense if that's the case, otherwise the suggestion is that reciting additional Gurbani is a punishment, which I don't think is quite the right message that should be sent out.

• Like 2

harsharan000    2,068
On 20/5/2017 at 7:09 PM, Guest singh21 said:

My question is that is accidental or minimal consumption of alcohol a sin?

Will i have to present myself in front of the 5 pyare and get rebaptised again? are non-alcohol beers also prohibited?

Brother Guest singh21 jee,

you see, poison whether taken conscioussly or unconscioussly, it is definetely going to harm; but by His apaar kirpa, Gurbani gives us the antidote, not only for this case, but, for all situations.

It is the Name of Wahiguru, which is Amrit, which cleanses all our paaps, no matter what amount of them could be.

Sarab rog ka aukhad Naam.

It is like just as a single  spark is enough to burn to ashes, tons of  accumulated grass, so does His Name, purify us by burning all our sins.

Sat Sree Akal..

• Like 1

Guest Guestx   
Guest Guestx

How can you get a soft drink confused with a beer, the smell alone would tell you. If if was a genuine mistake I wouldnt do anything, this happens, eg being served something veggie but ended up having egg in it... But it sounds to me you knew what you were drinking, you don't get buzzing off a quick sip, you drank more, you wanted to see what it tastes like and experience it and now you feel bad. So yes do pesh unless you're going to make this mistake agaij then there's no point going this time....

BhForce    536
4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Is the logic behind prescribing extra paaths for pesh supposed to eliminate the burden of the transgression? It does make sense if that's the case, otherwise the suggestion is that reciting additional Gurbani is a punishment, which I don't think is quite the right message that should be sent out.

I think the logic, as explained by some kathakars, is that as Guru is bakhshind (willing to forgive), so too are the Akal Takhat and the Panj Piyare bakhshind. So the purpose of tankhah (the word saja--punishment--is not used), is to reform the errant individual. Hence the extra paaths. Also, it makes quite a difference if the person involved became patit through no fault of their own, or willingly transgressed an explicit rule.

• Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2

On an unrelated note, would someone have to pesh if they were unconscious and their Kesh were removed because someone, (parents usually), decided to save their lives?

BhForce    536
2 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

On an unrelated note, would someone have to pesh if they were unconscious and their Kesh were removed because someone, (parents usually), decided to save their lives?

How would that happen? (How would cutting your hair save your life?)

Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
2 minutes ago, BhForce said:

How would that happen? (How would cutting your hair save your life?)

Some surgeries require Kesh removal.

BhForce    536
Just now, Jacfsing2 said:

Some surgeries require Kesh removal.

OK, I would just say that it is generally accepted that either if you do a bajjar kurehit, or a bajjar kurehit is done to you, you have go pesh (present yourself before Panj Piyare). They make the determination, and then you're good with the Guru.

Also, "patit" does not mean "paapi" (sinner), it means fallen (people can fall accidentally, too).

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• As part of Scottish Interfaith Week Interfaith Glasgow invite you to join us for a special Scriptural Reasoning dialogue event exploring creation narratives in Hindu and Sikh scriptures. All Welcome! The programme will follow the format of "Scriptural Reasoning," a method of interfaith dialogue where texts are specially chosen to provide the focus for discussion, enabling a deeper exploration of the theme and the traditions concerned. Two speakers from the Hindu and Sikh traditions will give a short introduction to a text of their choice on the theme of "Creation" before all are invited to share their reflections in small groups, and to listen and learn from one and other as equals. The goal of the dialogue is not agreement, but friendship and understanding. You can read more about Scriptural Reasoning here http://www.scripturalreasoning.org Although originally designed as a method of dialogue for Jews, Muslims and Christians, this event is open to all - religious and secular. Source - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/creation-myths-a-look-at-hindu-and-sikh-texts-tickets-34032015675?aff=es2
    • Some of the actual prizes - 6 axis gyro Drones, Hover Boards, 3 Different Power Cars & Bikes, Electric Scooters, Train Set Tables, Doll Townhouse, Foosball and Hockey Tables, iPads Lego City Sets, Helicopter Drone, and many more items. Registration Deadline is October 22nd  Register online at www.sukhsagar.ca/gkm
    • https://m.facebook.com/sikh2inspire/photos/a.339597379512902.1073741845.338782506261056/928699313936036/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=EHH-R
    • The religious census of the UK shows that Christianity has dropped down to 60%. With a further 25% non-religious. Islam is 4% and Sikhism and Hinduism are both close to 1%.
    • I used to be so angry coz I got a son who is always doing the wrong thing and got the wrong focus. I would shout and then get terrible headaches.  Now I have decided that it is not worth shouting - I just keep quiet and keep busy doing my own stuff.  We need to realise that we get angry when we try to do things by our powers. If we leave a little to God, and accept that things are the way they are. If we can learn to be tolerant of others and accept that we are all trying to learn something -( which is the reason why we are on the planet earth), our anger would be reduced greatly.  Anger stems from frustration. A good way to control it is to place yourself in the other persons situation and think about it as if you were them... and you committed that deed. Would you be angry with yourself as much if you had done that ? We all make mistakes - and we all have weaknesses. Swearing, bad words, leashing of your wisdom upon others and labelling are not going to do either you or your victim any good.  Trying to perform path regularly also ensures that your energies are more focused in the right direction and the cool feeling which you get is not worth being destroyed by the fumes which anger creates. Many of us get caught unawares and we have to learn to alert ourselves before we make a complete fool of ourselves and have to be calmed down by others.