Guest Kaur18

Depressed

Guest ItsOK

Reciting gurbani by itself won't do much for you. Doing certain number of paaths is like a mantar given by a bhaman. Pretty useless if you're not focused/remembering the supreme being and don't know what it says. Even the paath with meanings depends on your perception of what consciousness is and what you want it to be. The struggle and pain ironically are the best teachers in life, IF you learn from them. Meditate to calm your mind first, you have to brain wash yourselves. Then you have to face the issues that hurt your ego and why. Accept and make peace with it, learn from them too. There is no bad, your mistakes should make you stronger. People who haven't experienced pain and struggle have no depth to them anyways. Your issues are actually your biggest blessings. There's another possible solution but idk if I can share an unorthodox method on a Sikhi site.

Guest Guestx

How about going back to uni, working part time and even relocating if everyone around you friends family and gossips at the gurdwara are getting you down? Think about what you need mentally to pull you out of this and make it happen x

Guest guestsingh74

The only quick solution to your problem is do as many paaths as you can do.Make a person that cares for you to do paaths for you keeping water near them and then doing ardaas to guru sahib for your wellbeing and then drinking water with faith.

Guest Rajdip

Hello im facing terrible terrible insomnia, i been depressed, anxiety, and feel like i lost my ability to sleep. Im also pregnant and its my 4th month. Im going crazy and mental behaviour. All night i just stare at wall and my brain feels numb. This aunty told me to go to harmandir sahib and stay there for 40 days and do paath and do ishnaan under berii sahib. 

Guest Haridas

what you are describing is not a big deal, don't worry.  can you join a class or library book club or something?  something to take your mind off your problems and get away from negative situations.  or spend some alone time listening to music or some good film or something like that.

you don't need anyone to turn to.  society brainwashes you into thinking you do.  

think of taking Amrit as consolidating your character in the right direction.    

and thats pathetic about the helpline.  thanks for sharing that.

Guest Haridas
4 hours ago, Guest Rajdip said:

Hello im facing terrible terrible insomnia, i been depressed, anxiety, and feel like i lost my ability to sleep. Im also pregnant and its my 4th month. Im going crazy and mental behaviour. All night i just stare at wall and my brain feels numb. This aunty told me to go to harmandir sahib and stay there for 40 days and do paath and do ishnaan under berii sahib. 

Hi.  I suggest that you speak to a good doctor and also take to a lot of other women who have been through pregnancy.

Stressing over not getting sleep is worse than not getting sleep!  just take the time to relax instead.  read a good book, daydream about something nice, watch a good documentary, do some vichar of some Gurbani saloks that your mind takes a liking to.

Will you be able to travel in your fourth month of pregnancy?

7 hours ago, Guest Rajdip said:

As Guest Haridas said, you need to see a doctor, who may do tests to see what’s causing it. Get professional help as it could be a hormonal problem or other. 40days is a long time to stay away from home, especially if you are pregnant, and who would you go with? Again, get advise from your doctor on travelling and staying away from home. Also get advice on your diet/nutrition, if the doctor hadn’t already have given. 

Do Ardas to Waheguru to help you through this. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.