singh for marriage

Guest confused

Guest confused

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh....

im in a bit of a dilemma. im 26 year old amritdhari kuri and my mom and dad have been talking about my marriage alot now i have completed my studies. we live in an area where there arent a lot of gursikh boys unfortunately so they are having some troubles finding someone.

there is a singh ive seen in sangat who does a lot of sewa and looks to be a good match for me, but i recently found out he is 3.5 years younger than me. he has also completed his studies and acts and looks much older then he is. he and i attend the same gurbani santhaya classes and i have conversed with him. he calls me bhaanji. I have mutual friends (not close to me) with him and i think our life goals align but then i wonder if girl being older is right..i don't know how to approach this subject and with whom i should speak to. i don't know if he is even considering marriage or anything. 

i dont find the singh very attractive in terms of facial features (being honest) but he appears to have a beautiful heart. given that im of marriageable age he keeps presenting to me as a potention prospect but i dont know if what im thinking is wrong and if i should pursue this and how :(:( please guide me sangat ji.

Guest Jacfsing2
On 5/18/2017 at 5:09 AM, Guest confused said:

im in a bit of a dilemma. im 26 year old amritdhari kuri and my mom and dad have been talking about my marriage alot now i have completed my studies. we live in an area where there arent a lot of gursikh boys unfortunately so they are having some troubles finding someone.

there is a singh ive seen in sangat who does a lot of sewa and looks to be a good match for me, but i recently found out he is 3.5 years younger than me. he has also completed his studies and acts and looks much older then he is. he and i attend the same gurbani santhaya classes and i have conversed with him. he calls me bhaanji. I have mutual friends (not close to me) with him and i think our life goals align but then i wonder if girl being older is right..i don't know how to approach this subject and with whom i should speak to. i don't know if he is even considering marriage or anything. 

i dont find the singh very attractive in terms of facial features (being honest) but he appears to have a beautiful heart. given that im of marriageable age he keeps presenting to me as a potention prospect but i dont know if what im thinking is wrong and if i should pursue this and how :(:( please guide me sangat ji.

You could just ask him if he's even interested in marriage, or if you are smart about it, you could ask what his life's goals are? (Don't ask him straight away if he wants to marry you, because some people these days aren't ready to marry at 24). If he's not even remotely interested in marrying anyone at his age, (or at all), then you should move on from that.

But if I were you, I'd personally not do it because you just called him unattractive, if 2 people don't find each other attractive and get married anyway, there may seem to be no problems, but when it comes to the stuff husbands and wives usually do, would you want to be intimate? The second reason is unless it's a love marriage, the woman should usually be younger, at best most men for arranged/assisted marriages will want someone 1 year older. Also you don't really know what he wants in a partner either, (you could ask him that yourself), but you might not be his ideal person either, so are you both willing to compromise. (WITHOUT COMPROMISE THERE CAN BE NO LOVE OR RELATIONSHIP WITH ANYONE FOR ANY REASON! Whether that be your pet, your parents, your siblings, your close friends, your best friends, spouse, kids, or even with a roommate.)

What parts are you willing to compromise about yourself for anyone and what is he willing to compromise for anyone, because there is also the parts we can't compromise about ourselves. 

On 18/05/2017 at 2:39 PM, Guest confused said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Have you tried matrimonial sites & matchmakers ?

Akj provides matrimonial service have your family approach them.

I don't think this guy is right for you.

If he was in anyway interested he wouldn't call you Bheinji !

Join an Adult Sikh Camp or Retreat you might find a suitor there.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Suggestion-Singh

Vjkk vjkf,

Bhenji, whatever you do, do ardaas first.

I want to share my experience:

I am in age of marriage, yet i didnt find someone for myself who was suitable. 

So daas did is ardaas. Asking mahraj for help.

2 weeks later i got engaged. Didnt ask for a partner. I asked for help for the situation.

If you dont find him attractive. Dont ask him bhenji. 

This is a lil advise.