singhbj singh

In Australia, principal and teacher honoured for retying Sikh student's 'patka'

8 posts in this topic

Turban ban and restrictions on wearing Sikh religious symbols across the world often make news, but in Australia, a school principal and a teacher tied five-year-old Sikh student's patka (Sikh head covering) after it was accidentally removed by a fellow student.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/amritsar/in-australia-principal-and-teacher-honoured-for-retying-sikh-students-patka/articleshow/58715143.cms

1 person likes this

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Dhan hai Dhan hai. Vaheguru ji! Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

I can bet with a 99% certainty that teacher and principal were left-wingers / liberals . Right-wingers don't tend to have such values in them

On 2017-5-17 at 6:29 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I can bet with a 99% certainty that teacher and principal were left-wingers / liberals . Right-wingers don't tend to have such values in them

my best friend is a right win christian. He's one of the most down to earth, spiritual and wisest people I know.

1 person likes this

On 5/17/2017 at 1:29 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Liberals and conservatives are not how people build values. We build values because of our intuition as people. You can find good liberals and good conservatives aa well as bad liberals and bad conservatives. You seem to have this problem of grouping people together and that's not right. You can even find some Amritdhari a*holes, while finding Atheists who actually want to make the world better.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Kira said:

my best friend is a right win christian. He's one of the most down to earth, spiritual and wisest people I know.

How does that work? 

On 2017-5-19 at 3:36 AM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

How does that work? 

This might shock you but not everyone is the same. Even within religions people's thoughts and feelings on God can be wait for it....drastically different from the norm. Christianity is a broad term for a whole myriad of beliefs/sects that came or claim to come from Jesus Christ.

Edited by Kira

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/manchester-attack-local-gurdwaras-offer-shelter-to-blast-victims/411466.html https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A//khabar.ndtv.com/news/zara-hatke/manchester-blast-indian-origin-sikh-cab-driver-offering-free-service-to-the-needy-victims-1697071
    • Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
      Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji But with Sri Ardas Sahib ji we are guided to do what is best. Without that paath, an average person can carry on doing wrong without guidance. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh
    • Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
      Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji From my memory of reading Sri Chaubis Avtaar, Buddha ji was an avatar of him that was here to make people go offtrack because royal people were abusing riddhi siddhis through hinduism. Or of course, if you'd like to know more about it you can read it yourself without assuming things, Singh ji. Go to  buddhist mandirs, they have images of devtas everywhere. Sri Indra, Sri Brahma, Sri Ganesh, Sri Mahadev, Sri Saraswati, Sri Uma Devi, Sri Devi are all known to them. Just look at this video of a jagrata they have in their own culture: Those countries do believe in hinduism, they are actually believing in hindu traditions while being buddhist such as MURTI POOJA which is an hindu custom. They have jattheras for their ANCESTORS just as hindus do. They have versions of ramayan in their languages that they used to read. bhul chuk maaf kijye Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh
    • Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
      Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji Veer ji, these stories were told orally to me. If someone lives off of donations of sangat, then whatever pains the sangat has is transferred to the person who live's off their work. Even in my Sri Gurdwara Sahib ji, they tell everyone who is rich or poor that 'lohr matavic langar shako' (aka do not always live off of donations). Parchar is something that needs to be done for free, rather than for money. Look at all these people who use sikhi as a way to make money, buying 1st class plane tickets to travel etc. It would save us from people who do Parchar and literally say anything just because they will receive $$$ afterwards. Now people are having paathi sahib jis doing paath at their house for money as well, if the reciter's motive is to achieve money and not actually do paath for free then what energy are they really spreading while doing paath? Energy matters, even when making sri karah prasad we are told to try to keep the most positive energy while preparing it. These are just my views, all are free to believe in what they want, but as per that saakhi I would rather live a simple life and earn little money, rather than making money off of sri guru sahib ji's sikhya which is free for all. Free for all.. Sri Gurbani Sahib ji is not invented by us, why should we sell it in the name of dharma. I think people who do stuff as hobbies have true prem, because they are doing it for the love of it, rather than the ones who have $$$ on their mind. bhull chuk maaf kijye Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh
    • Even Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderwale said the same thing, the word Hindu does not appear in any Hindu texts, and when they refered to this religion they would call themselves Sidhu, (which means of the Sidhs/Bhagti or Magic, I don't know what Sidh by itself means unless used with another word). As you know Islam invaded India very early on, so those first Muslims called these Sidhus, as Hindus. Why Arabs gave-up this word in their dictionary, I don't know. Arabs are mostly Muslim-In-Name-Only, the groups that are usually more devout are the Non-Middle-Eastern Muslims, (with the exception of Iran, which became religious due to the some false agitations on the last Shah and secular groups).