• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
singhbj singh

Brand-new Sikh Political Party called The Panth Party

24 posts in this topic

A controversial religious campaigner has vowed to champion 'British values with a Sikh ethos' as he launched his General Election campaign for the Black Country's most marginal seat.

Prison chaplain Jagmeet Singh will contest Wolverhampton South West as an independent candidate.

He has hit out at the lack of representation of his religion in Parliament and has pledged to be the first 'turban wearing bearded Sikh' in the House of Commons.

Mr Singh rose to national prominence in 2015 when he used a live television appearance to launch a protest about the lack of media coverage of violence against Sikh's in the Punjab.

It led to him being threatened with ejection from the BBC's Sunday Morning Live programme by host Sian Williams.

Mr Singh, aged 35, said: "I felt it was my public duty to speak up over a very important issue.

"It was an example of me speaking truth to power, which is precisely the way I will be running my campaign in Wolverhampton."

Mr Singh is a former staff member of educational charity Basics of Sikhi, and now works as a relief chaplain in HMP Birmingham.

The father-of-one is originally from London and lived in American for a decade before moving to Wednesfield.

He said he has chosen to fight the Wolverhampton South West constituency as he believes the area has been 'badly let down for years' by Conservative and Labour politicians.

"I firmly believe that the views of the people are not being represented," he said.

"In a healthy democracy we should have more variety as far as our politicians are concerned. The Conservatives and Labour have done a very good job of making people apathetic towards politics.

"I want to spread a positive message based around championing British values with a Sikh ethos."

Wolverhampton South West was won by Labour's Rob Marris in 2015 with a slender majority of 801.

Conservative Paul Uppal, who came second on that occasion, is back to contest the seat, with Labour's Eleanor Smith replacing the retired Mr Marris.

Mr Singh says he hopes to appeal to 'people from all backgrounds' and believes he has 'an excellent chance' of defying the odds at the June 8 poll.

"I certainly believe we can record a magnificent victory and put the first turban wearing bearded Sikh in the House of Commons," he said.

"At the moment Parliament is unrepresentative of the British people and I want to change that."

SOURCE - https://www.expressandstar.com/news/trending-topics/general-election-2017/2017/05/17/sikh-candidate-champions-british-values/#H7rSQXZ5Xsf0ZTRZ.99

3 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Why is that? Not from UK, so I know nothing of him. 

Because those people that don't support him think he's wasting his time setting up his own party, and should have joined Labour or Conservative instead. 

6 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Starting a Sikh party in a nation of Non-Sikhs, in a community of Non-Sikhs, and the democratic power in the power of Non-Sikhs, is a recipe for failure. I wouldn't vote for a Jesus Christ Party or a Vishnu Party, or a Muhammad party, so it would be ridiculous to expect Non-Sikhs to vote for a party with a Sikh name. This would work in a Sikh Theocracy, but not in a diverse democracy. He should join a major political party and hope to win that way, even Singhs and Kaurs in Canada join major political parties for elections, and Sikhs in Canada are by far the most represented in politics than any other country in the world, (including India). England-based Sikhs on the other hand can't win votes with having a seperate group for themselves. (Even in Sikh districts).

1 person likes this

I like Jagmeet Singh, he's totally focused on what he believes in and is passionate about Sikhi but, and it's a big but, I think this move to start a Sikh political party and him standing in the elections is one of the most ill conceived things I've seen in a long time, as already mentioned, he should have stood for one of the main parties, if he wanted a party with values closest to Sikhi he should have stood with the Green Party.

This Election's is going to be a tactical one and people forming parties that are based on religion (or anything else for that matter) without viewing the bigger picture are going to pull vital votes away from major parties.

9 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Starting a Sikh party in a nation of Non-Sikhs, in a community of Non-Sikhs, and the democratic power in the power of Non-Sikhs, is a recipe for failure. I wouldn't vote for a Jesus Christ Party or a Vishnu Party, or a Muhammad party, so it would be ridiculous to expect Non-Sikhs to vote for a party with a Sikh name. This would work in a Sikh Theocracy, but not in a diverse democracy. He should join a major political party and hope to win that way, even Singhs and Kaurs in Canada join major political parties for elections, and Sikhs in Canada are by far the most represented in politics than any other country in the world, (including India). England-based Sikhs on the other hand can't win votes with having a seperate group for themselves. (Even in Sikh districts).

Completely agree with this, look at Canada and Jagmeet Singh, he's in the NDP and is going for the leadership race for the party, he brings Sikh issues to the forefront and speaks about them but it's not a "Sikh" political part, his younger brother is on the same path.

Even with all of that in mind, I wish him all the best.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Look up his protest on the BBC.. 

I think there are positives and negatives from this new UK Sikh party being created and this guy jagmeet singh standing for election. Yes most non-sikhs wont vote for him and probably not many Sikhs either and Yes it will split the sikh votes for the various candidates in the place he is contesting but also it will start to awake the political Sikh conscience to campaign for Sikh rights rather than suffering in silence at the hands of the corrupt despotic British establishment who actively engaged in the overt and covert genocide of many nations and peoples across the world aswell as Indian subcontinent Sikhs in 1846, 1919, 1947 and along with the indian puppet government in 1984. 

I feel jagmeet personally is a bit of loose cannon but if he can be groomed to think before he speaks and be trained to be a better political candidate then he may actually get somewhere.

This party can be a blessing in disguise to help Sikhs organise politically under 1 banner to fight for british Sikh interests because every other community is fighting for their own interests particularly the abrahmic groups and as we should know the hindu community is always pro-india government so they are safe and secure in their future with 1 billion population and a nuclear armed Indian army. The jews are secure they got nuclear armed israel and have huge bankster montery and political agenda influence. The islamics have huge economic oil producing power houses of iran and saudi funding their various geo-political agenda's around the world with 1.5 billion muslim population funding illegal wars, state terrorism and conflicts around the world. The west's atheists and Christians with their catholic church 3 billion population and number of politicians ideologically aligned to the vatican bank is hugely influential in starting and funding illegal wars, state terrorism and conflicts around the world.

Sikhs are far behind and lacking political power and sooner or later Sikh collective conscience will realise that in order to survive in the world political power and proper representation is a must.

Edited by genie
3 people like this

2 hours ago, genie said:

I think there are positives and negatives from this new UK Sikh party being created and this guy jagmeet singh standing for election. Yes most non-sikhs wont vote for him and probably not many Sikhs either and Yes it will split the sikh votes for the various candidates in the place he is contesting but also it will start to awake the political Sikh conscience to campaign for Sikh rights rather than suffering in silence at the hands of the corrupt despotic British establishment who actively engaged in the overt and covert genocide of many nations and peoples across the world aswell as Indian subcontinent Sikhs in 1846, 1919, 1947 and along with the indian puppet government in 1984. 

I feel jagmeet personally is a bit of loose cannon but if he can be groomed to think before he speaks and be trained to be a better political candidate then he may actually get somewhere.

This party can be a blessing in disguise to help Sikhs organise politically under 1 banner to fight for british Sikh interests because every other community is fighting for their own interests particularly the abrahmic groups and as we should know the hindu community is always pro-india government so they are safe and secure in their future with 1 billion population and a nuclear armed Indian army. The jews are secure they got nuclear armed israel and have huge bankster montery and political agenda influence. The islamics have huge economic oil producing power houses of iran and saudi funding their various geo-political agenda's around the world with 1.5 billion muslim population funding illegal wars, state terrorism and conflicts around the world. The west's atheists and Christians with their catholic church 3 billion population and number of politicians ideologically aligned to the vatican bank is hugely influential in starting and funding illegal wars, state terrorism and conflicts around the world.

Sikhs are far behind and lacking political power and sooner or later Sikh collective conscience will realise that in order to survive in the world political power and proper representation is a must.

Logically speaking without speaking in idealistic terms, what chance do you expect Jagmeet Singh winning his own seat? He isn't prepared to fight dirty to win in an election and doesn't seem to talk about Non-Sikh British issues, when most of his voters will be Non-Sikhs. Even the Muslims and other religious members of parties in diverse countries will pretend to appreciate other views within secular parties, while Jagmeet Singh is trying to start a Sikh party, while running in a Non-Sikh district.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he actually wins all the Sikh votes, (not happening), and that he somehow wins Non-Sikh votes and wins his election, regardless whether he wins or lost his own election, if Sikhs themselves don't start running for elections in other seats, it is still a broken idea. 

What I really see from his election is not him winning or losing, but rather building hope to Sikhs to run in other districts. (I don't mean one of those seats political parties specifically choose for losing districts, but an actual competition). If more Sikhs aren't inspired, one seat in Parliament isn't going to force others to listen to Sikh issues in a wide area.

3 hours ago, genie said:

bit of loose cannon but if he can be groomed to think before he speaks and be trained to be a better political candidate then he ma

Can be groomed into what? 

52 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Logically speaking without speaking in idealistic terms, what chance do you expect Jagmeet Singh winning his own seat? He isn't prepared to fight dirty to win in an election and doesn't seem to talk about Non-Sikh British issues, when most of his voters will be Non-Sikhs. Even the Muslims and other religious members of parties in diverse countries will pretend to appreciate other views within secular parties, while Jagmeet Singh is trying to start a Sikh party, while running in a Non-Sikh district.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he actually wins all the Sikh votes, (not happening), and that he somehow wins Non-Sikh votes and wins his election, regardless whether he wins or lost his own election, if Sikhs themselves don't start running for elections in other seats, it is still a broken idea. 

What I really see from his election is not him winning or losing, but rather building hope to Sikhs to run in other districts. (I don't mean one of those seats political parties specifically choose for losing districts, but an actual competition). If more Sikhs aren't inspired, one seat in Parliament isn't going to force others to listen to Sikh issues in a wide area.

What Sikh issues should he be promoting exactly 

The whole thing is a oxymoron and illustrative of the myopic outlook that has come to dominate the discourse of the Sangat 

More evidence that white (esp British) are a bunch of ungrateful wretches  and should never be trusted .

Just 2 mins of waah waahi for the immense contribution of sikhs for them in World wars.

If they were true to the sikhs, they would have provided a separate homeland for us in 1947 itself and would have provided a peaceful and blood-less exodus of people in 1947 but most casualties in 1947 were of sikhs. I blame british squarely for it , as they didn't even care for people they ruled over for 150 years.

Then they helped Indian govt orchestrate op bluestar.

Wake up singho ! these pale skins brits are no friend of ours, never were .. Mussle are the true cure for such a**holes. Now that they have come across someone who's nastier than they're , they're shaking in their boots lol  

2 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

What Sikh issues should he be promoting exactly 

People forget Banda Singh Bahadur started with just 40 sikhs but he brought down sirhind because people came pouring in .

Numbers do matter in democracy but you have to be leader like that . Numbers is the reason that current mindset among most sikhs of keeping our numbers less is going to be a deadly lesson for sikhs . 

In democracy, numbers is everything. They don't care how good you're or how much you contributed . Its of no use to politicians in winning votes as they go by votebank . This is why muslims are flourishing in UK, because they know how to game the system.

I know my statement will hurt but Borris might have thought of us as a kaum of drinkers anyways , as its a known fact in india and elsewhere.

Not that I condone his behavior. 

47 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

People forget Banda Singh Bahadur started with just 40 sikhs but he brought down sirhind because people came pouring in .

Numbers do matter in democracy but you have to be leader like that . Numbers is the reason that current mindset among most sikhs of keeping our numbers less is going to be a deadly lesson for sikhs . 

In democracy, numbers is everything. They don't care how good you're or how much you contributed . Its of no use to politicians in winning votes as they go by votebank . This is why muslims are flourishing in UK, because they know how to game the system.

I made no mention of numbers 

52 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

More evidence that white (esp British) are a bunch of ungrateful wretches  and should never be trusted .

Just 2 mins of waah waahi for the immense contribution of sikhs for them in World wars.

If they were true to the sikhs, they would have provided a separate homeland for us in 1947 itself and would have provided a peaceful and blood-less exodus of people in 1947 but most casualties in 1947 were of sikhs. I blame british squarely for it , as they didn't even care for people they ruled over for 150 years.

Then they helped Indian govt orchestrate op bluestar.

Wake up singho ! these pale skins brits are no friend of ours, never were .. Mussle are the true cure for such a**holes. Now that they have come across someone who's nastier than they're , they're shaking in their boots lol  

Wow 

What nonsense 

1 hour ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Wow 

What nonsense 

Good then ! Lage raho in your pseudo false bubble which bears no semblance to reality. Meanwhile, muslims will bend the elbows of gorey britishers with their immense reproductive success . We claim we have quality, not quantity . The truth is we need to up our quality as well as our quantity as we neither have quantity nor quality of past centuries singhs.

The other day an amritdhari singh , a childhood friend of mine scoffed off my idea of sikhs having atleast 3 kids. Why ? 

Didn't Guru Gobind Singh ji have 4 sons ? Didn't many other olden day singhs have more kids? thats the only reason we have even 25 million numbers, nai ta inne vi nai hone si ! The height of complacency of sikhs is astounding thesedays.

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi
2 people like this

1 hour ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I made no mention of numbers 

Numbers are the game in democracy or even battlefield. 

You think most politicians would pander to a community which maybe rich but has no numbers ? the gaddars would rather pander to exploding muslim demography at the cost of their own country but hey atleast muslims got reproductive success, no matter how much we tend to hate the mussle. 

1 person likes this

This is a great step taken by this Singh.  The Canadians politicians have done nothing for Sikhs by joining major parties.  More damage has been done by watering down Sikhi to bend at the knees for their political party.  They have ruined nagar kirtan by making them into political events and allowing bhangra teams to dance to manmat music.  The respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji has been completely lost at these events.  Its a mela now.  

On 2017-5-20 at 10:43 AM, Akalifauj said:

This is a great step taken by this Singh.  The Canadians politicians have done nothing for Sikhs by joining major parties.  More damage has been done by watering down Sikhi to bend at the knees for their political party.  They have ruined nagar kirtan by making them into political events and allowing bhangra teams to dance to manmat music.  The respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji has been completely lost at these events.  Its a mela now.  

I agree with the latter part of your post. But, we Canadian Sikhs have everything we need. We don't need our politicians catering to us. There are no battles to be fought. They're there to serve Canadians. 

It's better for jagmeet to stand on his own platform than be sucked into the games of the big political parties. If you've ever been involved in politics you would know what what the politicians say to the 'plebs' is very different to what they say and do elsewhere . The anology I like is imagine politics is a massive cocktail, if you put a small drop of honesty and integrity in if you wouldn't be able to taste it due to 99.99% of it being filled with other 'things'. If he went in as a Tory, labour or liberal he has to follow the party line first and foremost or risk losing his seat. Most of the people who 'give up themselves' for the power and position are weirdos, case in point being the likes of Paul uppal and sajid javid, two very perculiar folks who only like their 'brownness' when it can get them a vote.