Are Inside of uk Gurdwaras to colorful?

Big_Tera

1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

Should Sikh places of worship not be simple places with a low amount of colours for a more calming and relaxing place to pray and sit and concentrate?

Having been to many Gurdwaras up and down the country in the UK I notice a trend especially up north and the midlands exuberant and overpowering patterns and colours which are distracting. Such as carpets with heavily patterned designs and mis matches of colours patterns ect .. Having all these colours makes it look un sophisticated and less serious place. 

Why cant places of worship be simple and claming places which is the case in India.

This is a typical example of inside of a UK Gurdwara.

DSC01907.JPG

I like this, it's nice. Different colours have different effects to the soul, that contribute to the spiritual development and they have different meanings also. E.g. Blue, Bana of Gursikhs, Orange, etc. 

Neutral plain colours, do give peace of mind though, and have more of a calming effect. 

2 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Apart from that, it is important that when we enter or come out of a Gurdwara, we keep a check  on us if we have dyed ourselves with the colors of humility, love, purity and sharda at the Lotus Feet of Akal Purukh.

This quote of Harsharan paji's reminded of the shabad, where Guruji tells us of the colour of the Lord's love that we should be asking/wishing for:

Btw Harsharan paji are you getting my message in inbox? 

57 minutes ago, pavitarsk said:

God's creation is full of color, all we have to do is just observe und it's everywhere.  Even the rainbow has 7 colors. Where would we be without color? Where indeed? Life will be so dull without color! 

I am not talking about outside life. I think you have missed the point. This is about inside the Gurdwara not colours in everyday life. Such as the colour of your clothes ect.

The Guru and God is so special There is no need for exhoborant decorations. The Gurdwara were the SGGS is kept does not need any special colours. A simple SGGS is enough. Why do you need so many colours/decorations ect to make it feel like your in a special place. Places of worship should he basic and simple. This should not be some kind of disco with flashing colours and lights all over the place. It just make it look fake and futher away from God. 

I like the inside of the Southall Gurdwara simple decor. The SGGs is all you need. 

It shoud not be like going to some nursey type building. With pink carpets, flashing lights all over the place. All it does it make it look childish and anything but a place of worship. If you need all this fake and sparkly colours then there must be something wrong with you or something lacking in you that you need all this colour to remind you of God. 

Im not saying go the other way and that there should be no colour at all. There should be a balance. 

7 hours ago, KhalistanYouth said:

Well do you want it to be dull?

It doesn't matter, you don't come to a temple to see how it looks do you?

You just contradicted yourself. On one hand you say it should not be dull and be colourfull. Then you say you dont go to Gurdwara to see how it looks. If you dont go to see how it looks why make it colourful?