Guest Needhelp

Kaami thoughts while doing paath

4 posts in this topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

First off Sangat Jiyo I want to that I'm not amritdhari but I still do paath and don't eat meat or anything (anymore at least). Anyways Sangat ji I was doing japjee sahib today and I just got attacked by kaami thoughts out of nowhere. As I was doing my paath the thoughts came into my head and didn't let up until I finished japjee sahib. I was wondering if the sangat has any tips to help with this. If it's another time other than doing paath I can get it under control rather quickly but when I'm doing paath it doesn't let up and destroys my focus. Again sangat ji any tips to help with kaami thoughts during paath would be of great help. 

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki fateh!

On 5/11/2017 at 11:59 PM, Guest Needhelp said:

First off Sangat Jiyo I want to that I'm not amritdhari but I still do paath and don't eat meat or anything (anymore at least). Anyways Sangat ji I was doing japjee sahib today and I just got attacked by kaami thoughts out of nowhere. As I was doing my paath the thoughts came into my head and didn't let up until I finished japjee sahib. I was wondering if the sangat has any tips to help with this. If it's another time other than doing paath I can get it under control rather quickly but when I'm doing paath it doesn't let up and destroys my focus. Again sangat ji any tips to help with kaami thoughts during paath would be of great help. 

There is only one way to defeat Kaam, and that is through the blessing of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Now that we got the most important detail in, next is what can you do to reduce it's influence?

1. Since at this point, I don't really think you need to focus on sex with someone focus on trying to do this: http://www.livestrong.com/article/60852-lower-sex-drive/ (This is s relatively healthy way to decrease your sex drive, because the unhealthy options are usually damaging in other ways as well).

(I'll edit this post when I find more stuff)

1 person likes this

On 12/5/2017 at 4:59 AM, Guest Needhelp said:

Guest Jee,

the mind is filled by kaam, in some less, in some more, along with the other vikaars. As brother Jacfsing2 has said above, it is by the blessing of Guru Jee to overcome it.

We have to keep in mind, that, this vikar is subtley hidden within us, it comes out when least expected also. So by Guru Jee´s kirpa, we have to use the most powerful weapon against it, in order to defeat it as well as the other 4 thieves also.

And that precious weapon is His Name, do His jaap at all times with love and devotion, then only, this kaam and remaining vikars, will get nullified and eradicated, not otherwise.

Great tapassvees, rishis, munis, gods, even the powerful Ravan, who was a great devotee of Shiva, though obtained so many powers, but still could not get rid of these his vikars....

This is the difference and wadeeayee of Wahiguru´s Naam Simran, given to us humans as Guru Sahibans, as a particle of their infinite  love, and bakshish upon us.

Doing bhakti of the  only One, Wahiguru Akal Purukh, can free us from all our maladies, bondages, even from the biggest one, the wheel of 84. The primal cause, of all other causes in the mayavee creation.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
1 person likes this

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:09 AM, Jacfsing2 said:

There is only one way to defeat Kaam, and that is through the blessing of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Now that we got the most important detail in, next is what can you do to reduce it's influence?

1. Since at this point, I don't really think you need to focus on sex with someone focus on trying to do this: http://www.livestrong.com/article/60852-lower-sex-drive/ (This is s relatively healthy way to decrease your sex drive, because the unhealthy options are usually damaging in other ways as well).

(I'll edit this post when I find more stuff)

I've read that article and I can also advise in addition that you shouldn't get too heavy with using herbs that lower testosterone. Lower testosterone levels will cause most of your muscle to turn into flab, your mid section will develop a tire, you will get man boobs, loss of hair, and many other effects.

Trick is to gain power over your own mind. When kami thoughts come, you should just let them pass and move on. Always have something else to focus on.  I used to physically look at my hands and say "waheyguru" about 21 times using my fingers on both hands to count.   It's as if the 5 chor stand there around you and keep throwing these temptations at you. But when they hear the waheguru japna being counted, they don't like it and they soon bugger off.

1 person likes this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/manchester-attack-local-gurdwaras-offer-shelter-to-blast-victims/411466.html https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A//khabar.ndtv.com/news/zara-hatke/manchester-blast-indian-origin-sikh-cab-driver-offering-free-service-to-the-needy-victims-1697071
    • Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
      Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji But with Sri Ardas Sahib ji we are guided to do what is best. Without that paath, an average person can carry on doing wrong without guidance. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh
    • Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
      Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji From my memory of reading Sri Chaubis Avtaar, Buddha ji was an avatar of him that was here to make people go offtrack because royal people were abusing riddhi siddhis through hinduism. Or of course, if you'd like to know more about it you can read it yourself without assuming things, Singh ji. Go to  buddhist mandirs, they have images of devtas everywhere. Sri Indra, Sri Brahma, Sri Ganesh, Sri Mahadev, Sri Saraswati, Sri Uma Devi, Sri Devi are all known to them. Just look at this video of a jagrata they have in their own culture: Those countries do believe in hinduism, they are actually believing in hindu traditions while being buddhist such as MURTI POOJA which is an hindu custom. They have jattheras for their ANCESTORS just as hindus do. They have versions of ramayan in their languages that they used to read. bhul chuk maaf kijye Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh
    • Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
      Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji Veer ji, these stories were told orally to me. If someone lives off of donations of sangat, then whatever pains the sangat has is transferred to the person who live's off their work. Even in my Sri Gurdwara Sahib ji, they tell everyone who is rich or poor that 'lohr matavic langar shako' (aka do not always live off of donations). Parchar is something that needs to be done for free, rather than for money. Look at all these people who use sikhi as a way to make money, buying 1st class plane tickets to travel etc. It would save us from people who do Parchar and literally say anything just because they will receive $$$ afterwards. Now people are having paathi sahib jis doing paath at their house for money as well, if the reciter's motive is to achieve money and not actually do paath for free then what energy are they really spreading while doing paath? Energy matters, even when making sri karah prasad we are told to try to keep the most positive energy while preparing it. These are just my views, all are free to believe in what they want, but as per that saakhi I would rather live a simple life and earn little money, rather than making money off of sri guru sahib ji's sikhya which is free for all. Free for all.. Sri Gurbani Sahib ji is not invented by us, why should we sell it in the name of dharma. I think people who do stuff as hobbies have true prem, because they are doing it for the love of it, rather than the ones who have $$$ on their mind. bhull chuk maaf kijye Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh
    • Even Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderwale said the same thing, the word Hindu does not appear in any Hindu texts, and when they refered to this religion they would call themselves Sidhu, (which means of the Sidhs/Bhagti or Magic, I don't know what Sidh by itself means unless used with another word). As you know Islam invaded India very early on, so those first Muslims called these Sidhus, as Hindus. Why Arabs gave-up this word in their dictionary, I don't know. Arabs are mostly Muslim-In-Name-Only, the groups that are usually more devout are the Non-Middle-Eastern Muslims, (with the exception of Iran, which became religious due to the some false agitations on the last Shah and secular groups).