It's a well known fact that a correct diet ensures longevity, long life and resolves health issues. Youtube "Okinawa long life" and "Japan long life" for evidence. Over there since no pollution and junk food exists people aged 80 to 105 live lives like they're no more than 40. Even Gurbaani states "My appetite is simple daana paani" (simple cooked food like rice, steamed saabjia and water) or nature grown food. 

However, it's interesting to note that education fails to teach us of healthy living and benefits of it like after aged 80 the effects.The consumption rate of unhealthy food is high. It's also interesting to note that Swami Ramdev's yoga's been ongoing for 10 plus years, cure cancer yet cancer's STILL out there attacking people. Now there will be plenty of arguments on reasons for it; Governments see profit so will not stop selling junk, education/ parent's to blame, doctors to blame, Scientists do not do enough research... LOADS of arguments (Mind you, maybe people like me who buy such food meself now and then is added to the reason).

Now, there's a Saakhi where Guru Nanak Dev Ji cures a leprosy man by placing a sheet over him. Guru Nanak Ji could have said "Eat simple you shall be cured within a year." However, I also think how a man got leprosy during that time? Fizzy and bad food did not exist anywhere let alone a place like India. That man was going through bad karma! What does this mean? "I am going through health problems because of my karma?" It may sound like I am going in that direction BUT, if by eating the correct food I believe health issues (like cancer too) can be cured. OF COURSE it's news under the carpet/ Scientists will not mention this fact... How else will they make a living? (100% answer means no researchers and scientists required so they get made redundant) AND on top, everyone's body's are different so what works on one individual will not on another. Doctors can pinpoint what will work and not by going through tests.

HOWEVER! Everyone has their own doctor within them. Ever consumed sugar or ghee and thought "I get itching or inflammation problem?" Or rash by fizzy drinks? This is a sign to give up/ extremely limit such foods. By giving it up means you can move on to simple daana paani which will immensely improve on your jeevans. Also, you will automatically wake before dawn and the body will feel good. So good that waking up b4 dawn comes with ease and tiredness is not there. The energy it brings is awesome! 

But there is another problem. Imagine the whole world giving up on all junk foods. What will become of fizzy drink and crisps, mithaai manufactures? They will close then where will the people go? How about McD's workers who must provide for their family? One solution is they open up where they sell organic food and veggies/ fruits for customers. Then ALL restaurants will be 100% the same across the world. Second solution, if not first solution then to minimise our purchase of junk immensely like once in a while. When was the last time you purchased a sofa? Do you go every week to buy a sofa? Once  a month/ year? NO!? But Businesses like DFS are still open as they get DIFFERENT customers everyday. If they can do it, so can McD's (Different customers that come in 100's to the branches) but it's up to us to make a change. 

NOW all this I wrote can be contradicted by adding Karma! Why does one suffer of ill health? Even if they eat the correct food their illness never went away? They went to doctors, 100's of treatments? yet they still suffer? This is clearly to do with Karma. Does this mean we should give up and eat all the junk? NO! It means we should first give a change of food a go before we come to a decision. Was it karma? Or just a change of diet was needed? 

41 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

I apologize in an advance due to my limited knowledge! I think health problems arise when we forget Sri Vaheguru Sahib ji. When we forget her, then we use up all our good karma and then we are left with saza of bad karma. If we sing Sri Vaheguru Sahib ji's prayers (especially during amritvela)with dhyaan, then what sickness can get to us? Another thing is that there are some religious people who get sick because they do ardas sahib ji for someone else who is sick, and they ask for their sickness to come to them! My Grandfather used to accepted nendha as one of the 5 Singhs who would accept langar at people's houses when people would do paath for manokamnas (such as health), and he would get sick like a day or 2 after! He stopped doing that, and then he did not get sick again. Everything we receive for free is not really free, when someone donates to us and we accept their donation, then we also then accept their paap(which they committed) that is stopping them from their wish being granted. Here's my own story, one time there was a langar at my city's mandir that I was invited to from a family friend, and the sangat was only like 7 people.. After I had the langar, when I got home I got so sick, I did not know what was happening to me, and then I suddenly realized it happened because I had their langar and their paap's portion got transferred to me. The sangat was only like 7 people, and so the paap portion was larger among us and we suffered. There is a kahani that I've heard where a Singh of Sri Guru Sahib ji liked the taste of karah prasad, one time he supposedly asked Sri Guru Sahib ji if he can consume a lot of it, and then he did consume a lot of it and he got sick/santap.. The reason behind it is that when ardas sahib ji is made, then everyone in the sangat gets a small portion of the dukh (the dukh that was prayed to be stopped) through prasad (since that is how karma works). & as for worrying about what the workers at fast food joints would do (since they have families; and if the shops closed) is really silly. Who cares, stay healthy for yourself, let others do as they wish. Bhull chuk maaf kijye. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Why do we say this then at the end of Ardas?

"Nanak Naam Chardi Kala, Tere Bhane Sarbat Da Bhalla"

Just now, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Can you elaborate regarding what youre trying to say kaur ji? & about what part of my reply you are replying to.. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

I can't be more clearer penji. It's a straightforward question. 

17 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Everything we receive for free is not really free, when someone donates to us and we accept their donation, then we also then accept their paap(which they committed) that is stopping them from their wish being granted.

What about when one donates to the needy? Does that mean their paap will transfer to them? 

And by the langar logic you have mentioned, that means that nobody should have langar, because others karm will get transferred to the sangat? 

if we change our food preferences the corporations/businesses  take note and change too, the fact they want our hard-earned money means there is a motivation to adapt . For instance because people wanted more vegetarian/vegan food options when eating out, vendors started offering at least one or two meal options  even in the smallest places; those that didn't started to lose custom to other venues . 

don't worry if mc Ds doesn't move with the times then someone else will and they will be hiring. The soft drinks companies know that their easy money days are now numbered and are going into the 'healthier drinks' markets  everyone is not so silly to be putt their money into one basket.

If people eat less junk OMG what a tragedy will occur, less sick days off work, more productvity in the country , less chronic diseases from bad diet means less health care resource pressure, less operations and waiting times. Healthier people mean also more likely to have interest in the state of the environment around them , leisure facilities , safe playing spaces for kids , tackling and supporting those who are elderly , infirm and also willing to help with them. When you are ill you only see your problems when not, you see the world's.

the argument you have about about karma is only partially true , if you have been blessed with exposure to dharma you can change your karma i.e.  we have been blessed with exposure to gurmat bibek buddhi , if we accept sikhi then that is a big part of it too and followin on from that automatically we would choose differentlyand thud change our karams.

27 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Yeah, a portion of the paap goes to them, but the bigger the sangat then its a smaller portion. Like someone said that if we do seva and then accept langar, the punya and paap cancels eachother out. Look at this post:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

You haven't read that post properly. I don't think somebody's illness can be transferred through langar to another person. By this logic, look at all the times sangat has langar and nobody knows what the paat is held for or the reason of Ardas. I don't believe in this. What about the regulars, they'd always be ill, if that was the case. Sarbat da bhalla means blessings for all, not share the dukh. 

Did you read this bit ?

On 03/05/2017 at 4:01 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

"However then we were told that this is only rumors, hoe can gurus langar be bad. But i think taksalis r smart. They spread that to stop their students from overeating at langars. Whether true or not, it works."

Bhaaee Math Koee Jaanahu Kisee Kai Kishh Haathh Hai Sabh Karae Karaaeiaa ||

My brothers, let no one should deem, that any man has any power. Every one acts as the Lord causes him to act.

Jaraa Maraa Thaap Sirath Saap Sabh Har Kai Vas Hai Koee Laag N Sakai Bin Har Kaa Laaeiaa ||
Old age, death, fever, frailthorn and snake, are all in the power of God, and without being ordered by God, none can touch the mortal.

Aisaa Har Naam Man Chith Nith Dhhiaavahu Jan Naanak Jo Anthee Aousar Leae Shhaddaaeiaa ||4||7||13||51||
Within thy mind and heart, O servant Nanak, ever, meditate on the Name of such God, who shall deliver thee, at the last moment.

21 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Bhaaee Math Koee Jaanahu Kisee Kai Kishh Haathh Hai Sabh Karae Karaaeiaa ||

My brothers, let no one should deem, that any man has any power. Every one acts as the Lord causes him to act.

Jaraa Maraa Thaap Sirath Saap Sabh Har Kai Vas Hai Koee Laag N Sakai Bin Har Kaa Laaeiaa ||
Old age, death, fever, frailthorn and snake, are all in the power of God, and without being ordered by God, none can touch the mortal.

Aisaa Har Naam Man Chith Nith Dhhiaavahu Jan Naanak Jo Anthee Aousar Leae Shhaddaaeiaa ||4||7||13||51||
Within thy mind and heart, O servant Nanak, ever, meditate on the Name of such God, who shall deliver thee, at the last moment.

Thank you for this shabad paji. 

This is my point, it's Waheguru that does everything in Hukam, including reducing or getting rid of somebody's dukh. 

When one starts thinking they will accumulate any dukh from langar, that's when one needs to question themselves, how much faith do they have in Guruji? If karah parsad is blessed by Guruji, then why should langar be attached to superstitions?