• Topics

• Woah this reads like a post from 90s.  It brought back memories. When there would be poems or posts or chain email messages "FW: Very Important!! Current  State of the Panth. Forward  to all singhs singhnian." Those were the good ol days.ppl were always telling sikhs to fix themselves and get beyond judging ppl on their looks, jathebandis. It was so simple. Now theres so.many issues that sikhs differ on and have diff organizatiins for. Theres ppl wantin khalistaan, some ppl wanting more parchaar, others wantin 1 rehit, others trying to find oldest raag, or purattan shastar vidhiya, some wanting no inter faith, others wanting to stop muslims...it was so much simpler back then..   PS  Surely nobody argues about the meat flavored chips. I thought we were all past that. And unto more advanced issues 
    • I believe many Jewish people did see it as a shameful public display.. Have you been through a range of Jewish forums to qualify your assertion that there was no individuals who saw it as a act that demeaned the Jewish community..  Moreover being a Sikh and being part of the Sikh panth requires us to behave in a way becoming of the Sikh way. Not relative to the behaviour of others... On the battle field bhai khaniya demonstrated this.. If we truly believe in Sikhi then we can't compromise our principles... I applaud the Sikh panth to be self critical it should be welcomed.. We should measure  ourselves against the highest standards. We should be prepared to say when our actions have come up short..  I do however agree that we shouldn't do this because we are worried about how we will be perceived by other communities. We should do it because it's right 
    • Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh if this was really accidental and you had no intention to do so, just do 5 japji Sahib and ardas.
    • Gurbani mentions Sikhs should never ever in their life should ever lay their eyes on married woman (pirai estri).
    • Guest Singh
      Vjkkvjkf, What is the procedure to bring a kirtini jatha from India to Canada for kirtan hazri at gurdwara in Ontario? Thanks Simardeep Singh