Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest Jacfsing2
On 5/5/2017 at 3:47 PM, jkvlondon said:

yes they willing ignore their conscience despite knowing the truth of that murdered jeev on their plate ...that is beyond childish it is behaving like a ghoul as Gurbani says.

watch people who really listen to their hearts and souls  and then take a good, hard look at yourself:

 

The video is a good reason to offer Jhatka choices especially for kids like this, the only statement I agree with was the one about the horse, but except that, it's just some emotional bs. That Jesus statement by one the adults was also bogus, (grown-ups don't even the basics that Jesus was a Pakhandi, saying Jesus Pakhandi made animals made me side with the children because any religion other than Sikhi is pure retardedness). Just because the adults even remotely mentioned Pakhandi Babas, I'm on the kids side.

On 5/5/2017 at 0:30 PM, Singh1989 said:

As an Amritdhaari of 10 years I started doing something only 4 years ago... eating EGG based ingredients. WHY? you ask? because I AM A JEEB RASS (TONGUE TASTING) GUY! What? It's possible to avoid it? YES BUT LIKE I SAID! I indulge in good food tastes. "Why not cook your own food at home and make t eggless?" BECAUSE I admit to being a tongue taster AND part of tongue taster, there will always be something missing in eggless compared to egg based. Anyone will know on consumption. 

Ok, now that we've established am a jeeb rass insaan, let's take a look at the "Benefits," I can eat cakes, Jaffa cakes, MUFFINS (my fav), fancy angels, mayonnaise, croissants and anything egg based. Free range, whole, yolks saara kuch! NOW! for hypocritical yet unexplainable reasons I do not eat egg on it's own neither if it's in a hot meal, because it's not right I HATE BEING A HYPOCRITE :(  Sorry folks I know I bring you bad news about myself but part of jeeb rass insaan, right? it's all about enjoying the delicacies available. I only purchase them from shops/ bars NOT home made. 

Do you believe Jhatka would be ok? If not then don't eat eggs, personally I got no problem with Jhatka, but if you believe all meat is bad then you shouldn't eat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God told Adam and Eve to only eat fruit and veggies, herbs and grains NEVER to eat animals . When Jesus came he reiterated this and expounded on the ten commandments to explain  thou shalt kill extended to all including animals , also you are meant to honour and respect parents and also any teacher of righteousness no matter what faith

Edited by jkvlondon
mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

God told Adam and Eve to only eat fruit and veggies, herbs and grains NEVER to eat animals . When Jesus came he reiterated this and expounded on the ten commandments to explain  thou shalt kill extended to all including animals , also you are meant to honour and respect parents and also any teacher of righteousness no matter what faith

actually if you hear maskeen ji's katha, he clearly explains this vegetarian thing crept into sikhism due to brahmans and buddhists and jains as all of them don't eat meat . Secondly, sikhs are warriors and all warrior indian races have been non-vegetarians as vegetarian men tend to be skinny and not muscular as compare to non-vegetarian . You seriously think saak sabji khaan waale singh defeated non-veg mughals in battlefields ? Maybe they had more dairy , but you never know.

In old testament of jews and quran , certain animals and animals died in certain conditions are not to be eaten , otherwise jewish/muslim religion encourage eating animals . And jesus was jewish carpenter . He was even circumcised as a part of that faith. 

He could best be described as reformist rabbi.

This whole neo-vegan movement seem to be part of a deeper conspiracy IMHO . 

I don't advocate killing of animals though as I consider it immoral and sinful and I myself am vegetarian

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

actually if you hear maskeen ji's katha, he clearly explains this vegetarian thing crept into sikhism due to brahmans and buddhists and jains as all of them don't eat meat . Secondly, sikhs are warriors and all warrior indian races have been non-vegetarians as vegetarian men tend to be skinny and not muscular as compare to non-vegetarian . You seriously think saak sabji khaan waale singh defeated non-veg mughals in battlefields ? Maybe they had more dairy , but you never know.

In old testament of jews and quran , certain animals and animals died in certain conditions are not to be eaten , otherwise jewish/muslim religion encourage eating animals . And jesus was jewish carpenter . He was even circumcised as a part of that faith. 

He could best be described as reformist rabbi.

This whole neo-vegan movement seem to be part of a deeper conspiracy IMHO .  

I don't advocate killing of animals though as I consider it immoral and sinful and I myself am vegetarian

Thinking on the action of jeev hathiya in terms of lakh chaurasi  doesn't the action cause a karmic debt to the creatures who were mistreated and slaughtered on your behalf  and thus makes you tied to this karam bhoomi until it is repaid ? (if ever)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

Thinking on the action of jeev hathiya in terms of lakh chaurasi  doesn't the action cause a karmic debt to the creatures who were mistreated and slaughtered on your behalf  and thus makes you tied to this karam bhoomi until it is repaid ? (if ever)

why you have a doubt that karmas are expendable since you wrote (if ever)? 

For this reason and the fact that I think non-veg tastes nasty is why I am vegetarian. Who would like to heap a pile of bad karams jst for muscle or taste buds ?

But I am still not sure if maas is acceptable at sikhi level ? since we do have jhatka tradition 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

why you have a doubt that karmas are expendable since you wrote (if ever)? 

For this reason and the fact that I think non-veg tastes nasty is why I am vegetarian. Who would like to heap a pile of bad karams jst for muscle or taste buds ?

But I am still not sure if maas is acceptable at sikhi level ? since we do have jhatka tradition 

meaning the repeating of the cycle back and forth over millions of lifetimes ...millions of years ...it is depressing to even think about going around once let alone many times and that too for eating the 'clay' of our trapped bretheren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jkvlondon said:

meaning the repeating of the cycle back and forth over millions of lifetimes ...millions of years ...it is depressing to even think about going around once let alone many times and that too for eating the 'clay' of our trapped bretheren

I don't think most humans who die have to go through the same cycle of 84 lakh joons ! 

Most humans who die  reborn as humans , as said by maskeen ji . It is because "ik kadam agge, ik kadam pichhe" is what we do all our lives . End result is we go nowhere , but reborn to die at the same species we're now. You have to do something really nasty to be reborn as lower than human. We have already been through cycle for 3.8 billion years atleast, no ?

we have probably even been dinosaurs many a times lol . So you think we will become bacteria ? our chetna has evolved way past beyond that point IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I don't think most humans who die have to go through the same cycle of 84 lakh joons ! 

Most humans who die  reborn as humans , as said by maskeen ji . It is because "ik kadam agge, ik kadam pichhe" is what we do all our lives . End result is we go nowhere , but reborn to die at the same species we're now. You have to do something really nasty to be reborn as lower than human. We have already been through cycle for 3.8 billion years atleast, no ?

we have probably even been dinosaurs many a times lol . So you think we will become bacteria ? our chetna has evolved way past beyond that point IMHO

what about sakhi where Guru Teg Bahadur's Sikh cursed at Singh when he wanted parshad...calling him a dancing  bear , on death he became exactly that himself and in Presence of Guru Gobind Singh ji the sikh's own son laughed at his father unknowingly and Guru ji admonished him to not laugh so much as that was his father . 

If such a thing happened over harsh words to a gursikh ...what will become of those who torture and kill animals for their pot?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

what about sakhi where Guru Teg Bahadur's Sikh cursed at Singh when he wanted parshad...calling him a dancing  bear , on death he became exactly that himself and in Presence of Guru Gobind Singh ji the sikh's own son laughed at his father unknowingly and Guru ji admonished him to not laugh so much as that was his father . 

If such a thing happened over harsh words to a gursikh ...what will become of those who torture and kill animals for their pot?

The incident you're mentioning is when a person attains so much spirituality that what they say come as true. 

Unknowingly also I think we do so much of paap 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

what about sakhi where Guru Teg Bahadur's Sikh cursed at Singh when he wanted parshad...calling him a dancing  bear , on death he became exactly that himself and in Presence of Guru Gobind Singh ji the sikh's own son laughed at his father unknowingly and Guru ji admonished him to not laugh so much as that was his father . 

If such a thing happened over harsh words to a gursikh ...what will become of those who torture and kill animals for their pot?

I am beginning to wonder if there's any sin-free food thesedays .

Just check this link http://www.mercyforanimals.org/hey-meat-eaters-can-you-get-through-this

I feel guilty about that glass of milk too now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't the correct website to argue anything which is meat or egg. There is different amridhari sangat and hukumnamas for your view. such as Nihang Singhs and their rehat.

I cannot post my view of correct rehit and rehatnamas on this website, sorry!

Edited by ipledgeblue
wrong site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • it's my fault, i should have phrased things a bit better. Basically based on the data he gathered same sex couples are more likely to settle into a routine and are less likely to do things out of said routine (such as cheating, which according to the data he gathered was surprisingly low compared to straight couples). By similar attributes I mean people like them in terms of personality and taste. In straight couples you can usually note a sort of polarity in the way they behave and their personalities.  Again this is based on one study, nothing official or on a large scale really.
    • Overthinking : The art of creating problems that weren't even there."
      Maturity: is learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self-respect, values, morals or self worth.
      "Sometimes walking away is the only option. Not because you want to make someone miss you, or realize they took you for granted. But because you finally respect yourself enough to know that you deserve better."   About expectations
      "When you learn to accept instead of expect, you will have fewer disappointments."
    •   "Pause and remember" Forgiving someone does not make you a weak person. Forgiving someone does not mean you have to have that person in your life. Forgiving allows you to release the anger, resentment and hurt. Forgiveness breaks the chains to your past and sets you free." — Jenni Young     "When you are unforgiving and carry animosity, you feed the very soul of conflict that keeps your pain alive. If you suffocate your heart with anger, all your dreams will die. The only way to allow your soul to freely breathe, is to forgive." — Bryant McGill     "Forgive anyone who has caused you pain or harm. Keep in mind that forgiving is not for others. It is for you. Forgiving is not forgetting. It is remembering without anger. It frees up your power, heals your body, mind and spirit. Forgiveness opens up a pathway to a new place of peace where you can persist despite what has happened to you."  Les Brown  
    • 5 Cancer Fighting Foods Backed By Scientific Research by Anthony Gucciardi When we talk about the idea of taking back control in your life, it is absolutely essential that we talk about one of life's most important fundamentals: your health. The truth is, you most certainly can eat your way to optimum health – and it can actually be a very enjoyable (and delicious) experience. Here's 5 cancer fighting foods that are backed by scientific research to start adding into your daily optimum health routine: 1. Tea Enjoying a cup of tea is anything but a chore, and the reality is that plant-based teas can offer some very significant anti-cancer properties. Tea contains a family of natural compounds known as flavonoids, which are the phytonutrients responsible for the beautiful colors we see in fruits and vegetables. But in addition to playing a role in the vivid colorization of produce, flavonoids are also known for their powerful antioxidant effects. In particular, a flavonoid in tea called kaempferol has been pegged to help in the fight against cancer. According to an expansive Harvard University study that studied more than 66,000 women, participants who consumed more kaempferol were found to have the lowest rates of ovarian cancer. 2. Brussels Sprouts Brussels sprouts are the new kale, with various brussels-based recipes and preparation ideas popping up on social media almost daily. This happens to be a very beneficial trend, as eating brussels sprouts and other cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, kale, cauliflower) can be an excellent choice in the fight against cancer and your journey towards optimum health. What's interesting about the research here is that scientists were able to identify some inspiring protective properties against both prostate and colon cancers with the consumption of cruciferous vegetables, but the substances required to produce the results may only be released during the cutting or chewing of the vegetables. One study, as reported by WebMD, found that: “In mice grafted with human prostate tumors and then treated with one of these cancer-killing substances, tumors began to shrink to half their size after 31 days.“ The promising results may have to do with the enzyme phenethyl isothiocyanate (PEITC), which is found naturally in cruciferous vegetables. Other studies have examined the antioxidant called sulforaphane, which is also released when you chew up cruciferous vegetables. 3. Turmeric If you haven't already started spicing up your meals with turmeric, now is the time to start. As a member of the ginger family, the turmeric plant has been used in both Indian cuisine and ancient schools of medicine for thousands of years. Now, quite some time later, researchers and nutritionists are finally getting excited about what turmeric can do. One such study that gained recent notoriety in the news cycle focused on the anti-inflammatory effects of curcumin (turmeric's active ingredient) on the body. Published in the Journal of Clinical & Cellular Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston found that curcumin exhibited anti-inflammatory capabilities that could help in the fight against cancer and most other disease. "Most diseases are caused by chronic inflammation that persists over long periods of time," wrote biochemist Bharat B. Aggarwal, PhD, from The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center. 4. Black Raspberries Yet another great tasting option, berries have been shown to help in the fight against one of America's most deadly conditions. In particular, black raspberries may be the best bet. It has been found that black raspberries contain a significant amount of phytochemicals known as anthocyanins, which could help to halt or slow the development of premalignant cells. One professor of internal medicine at The Ohio State University College of Medicine has even authored a book titled “Berries and Cancer Prevention” which details all of the ways in which berries wage war against cancer growth. 5. Vitamin D Not a 'food' per se, but vitamin D is such a uniquely important anti-cancer agent that it is a must-have in your arsenal against cancer. The research here is pretty clear, and even the National Cancer Institute has a lengthy page dedicated to vitamin D and its effects. In research surrounding cancer cells and tumors in mice, vitamin D was discovered to potentially slow or prevent the onset of cancer, inhibit cancer cell growth, reduce tumor vessel formation, and more. Addition pieces of literature focused on the association between vitamin D levels and death rates for some cancers. Participants living in areas with a higher amount of sunlight exposure were found to have lower rates of these cancers, which researchers stated could be due to the difference in vitamin D levels. Taking control of your health is more than just important, it's essential to living the life that you deserve to create for yourself. Adding these foods and others into your daily routine can be a step in the right direction towards securing your optimum state of health. Sources: Harvard Gazette Journal of Clinical & Cellular Immunology National Cancer Institute Berries and Cancer Prevention by Gary D. Stoner  
×