VJKK VJKF!

Quick question Sangat Ji,

I have being doing parkamaya from left to right (Maharaaj Ji's Saroop being on my right side) most of my life when doing Guru Sahibs darshan.

I have noticed that some do it from right to left (opposite direction). Mainly noticed that it is usually Nihung Singhs/Singhniya.

What is the correct marayada if any?

I ask because someone I have known for years recently changed the direction they do it in and it got me thinking.

Thank you ji

Akaal

32 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

we always keep the superior person on whom we rely on to our right side e.g. english saying right hand man . That is why during Anand Karaj Guru ji is on both parties right hand side at equal distance .

Hanji,

That is what my thinking has always been too.

Just thought I'd ask to find out if anyone had a different reason as to why some go in the opposite direction so to speak. I thought that they may have some sort of marayada they follow.

Thank you ji

Akaal

3 minutes ago, SantSapai said:

Hanji,

That is what my thinking has always been too.

Just thought I'd ask to find out if anyone had a different reason as to why some go in the opposite direction so to speak. I thought that they may have some sort of marayada they follow.

Thank you ji

Akaal

just read an older thread from gurmat bibek 

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,6902

5 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

just read an older thread from gurmat bibek 

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,6902

Thank you for sharing the link.

Interesting post.

Not too sure about the Shaster being sanmukh to Guru Sahib as a valid reason though for the anti-clockers. Maharaaj ang sang in all directions but again this comes down to ones shardha pavnah.

I also used to think that we go left to right - the same direction Gurbani (and English etc) is written. 

Thanks,

Akaal

There's a few reasons for why Nihangs do parkarma from right to left. 

Nihangs were stationed all over anandpur Sahib & had their main quarters at Shaheedi Bagh which is a couple of minutes walk from Kes Garh Sahib. When sangat in their thousands used to come to do darshan of Guru Sahib then mahraj used to be seated at Kes Garh Sahib. Mahraj gave a hukam that the Nihang fauj did not have to que up with the rest of the sangat & could come straight to mahraj, do namaskar & parkarma & then take leave as & when they wanted.

someone above mentioned that another reason is because of having our shaster facing mahraj as our shaster want to do namaskar of Mahraj as well but this is only half the reason. Mahraj loved shaster & seeing his ladli fauj carrying shaster pleased him a great deal. So it was a combination of Shaster doing darshan of Mahraj but also because of Mahraj wanting to do darshan of our shaster.

Theres a sakhi told in the Dal Panth about a thief in the sangat who would pick people's pockets.... he was eventually caught by 1 of the Singhs doing parkarma right to left where as everyone else including the thief were doing in left to right.

On 04/05/2017 at 1:47 PM, jkvlondon said:

we always keep the superior person on whom we rely on to our right side e.g. english saying right hand man . That is why during Anand Karaj Guru ji is on both parties right hand side at equal distance .

This is also the reason why during Anand Karaj the female comes & sits to the left of the male so that he is to her right.

4 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

This is also the reason why during Anand Karaj the female comes & sits to the left of the male so that he is to her right.

careful the 3rd wave are listening ....hehehe someone has to sit to the left in the 'inactive' phase of the lavaan  besides both are sitting at the feet of the Guru ji no need to make a controversy folks 

14 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

careful the 3rd wave are listening ....hehehe someone has to sit to the left in the 'inactive' phase of the lavaan  besides both are sitting at the feet of the Guru ji no need to make a controversy folks 

I disagree... every second of the Anand Karaj ceremony is of equal importance & there is no active or inactive phase. The female sitting on the left & male on the right is not a coincidence.... there's significance behind that just as there is significance behind the reason why the male leads the lavan and the woman holds onto the pallan & follows.