Feeki chaa or meethi chaa ? .. The point to which we abuse langar system

3 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Of course, but I did not even know any of this before my Sri Gurdwara Sahib ji's parcharak told us to not indulge in those foods.. Kamadhenu ji said something along the lines as because of this paap that happened, people will consume these foods in kaliyuga. I did research on it after he told us, and I found it to be true since they are tamas guni in nature. The hindu story is the main reason, there is no other known reason from my knowledge. bhull chuk maaf kijye Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh ji

all food at grudwara is usuall made to "vaishno" dietry requirements.. it has nothing to do with hinduism but rather the fact that some ingredients are considered stimulants such as garlic and there prohiited

1 minute ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

all food at grudwara is usuall made to "vaishno" dietry requirements.. it has nothing to do with hinduism but rather the fact that some ingredients are considered stimulants such as garlic and there prohiited

garlic is left out because it makes the breath smell bad that is what the older bibian taught us , remember sikhi is about practicality not superstitions 

1 minute ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

I'm talking about masaran di daal too. I think they are bad for us spiritually.. You should look up tamas guni food list. Off the top of my head, tamas guni foods are: meat, fried foods, sweets, frozen foods, drugs, alcohol, onions, garlic, masaran di daal, and any foods made with bad nature/energy while being prepared. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh!

Pakorey are fried food. Sweets are also served. Frozen food isn't necessarily bad for you, as it still has the same nutrients as fresh. And onions, I'm not sure if all Gurdwaras have stopped doing thorka without them. 

3 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Mhmm.. but hinduism was who discovered it first. It's been in their tradition for yugs. Even before praying to their gods through sattvic ways it is not allowed to be consumed. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

We're not taking about Hinduism, don't you get it? Why do you like linking it to Sikhi? I don't want to know about Hinduism, I'm only interested in Sikhi, otherwise I would have asked, oh what does Hinduism say about Masara di daal, wouldn't I? 

Just now, simran345 said:

Pakorey are fried food. Sweets are also served. Frozen food isn't necessarily bad for you, as it still has the same nutrients as fresh. And onions, I'm not sure if all Gurdwaras have stopped doing thorka without them. 

gurdwarey used chillis, onions and ginger in thardka for sabjian and dhal , green dhaniya  and the usual garam masala, haldi and chilli powder , occasional sabat jeera , sabat dalchini and long in mitte chawal

Just now, jkvlondon said:

gurdwarey used chillis, onions and ginger in thardka for sabjian and dhal , green dhaniya  and the usual garam masala, haldi and chilli powder , occasional sabat jeera , sabat dalchini and long in mitte chawal

thats right onions are also prohibited actually.. ginger isnt considered a stimulant chilli was introduced to india much later haldi is also not considered a stimulant. if you go to harmandir sahib you will see these standards are applied.

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

Thanks penji. I was commenting on the list Preet put on about those foods being bad spiritually. It would be impossible to make dal/sabji without the items you've mentioned, that's my point. 

2 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

I was talking to someone else..  Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Ok if you say so. But I talked to you specifically, as you've brought Hinduism into a topic once again. Are you obsessed with it? 

Just now, Sukhvirk1976 said:

thats right onions are also prohibited actually.. ginger isnt considered a stimulant chilli was introduced to india much later haldi is also not considered a stimulant. if you go to harmandir sahib you will see these standards are applied.

that is a fib , the documentary i watched they were cooking using onions , also I had langar on many occasions and there was definitely onions in there . In numerous itihaasic gurdwarey it is the same