Gursikh Anand karaj tips

Guest Singh

Guest Singh

Fateh ji,

Can any Gursikh couple share their wedding video or give me tips on how it should be done? Ie. To have mayian or not, mehndi or not, reception or not? I am unclear of the maryada surrounding that. The Sikh Rehit Maryada helps but I would like to see the full wedding in action. The YouTube videos just an overview.

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

Fateh ji,

Can any Gursikh couple share their wedding video or give me tips on how it should be done? Ie. To have mayian or not, mehndi or not, reception or not? I am unclear of the maryada surrounding that. The Sikh Rehit Maryada helps but I would like to see the full wedding in action. The YouTube videos just an overview.

Thanks 

There's a few Amritdhari wedding videos on YouTube also. You need to search for them.  

8 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

Fateh ji,

Thanks 

The four lavan are the essential aspects of the Sikh wedding ceremony. I don't think anybody has every said, "Hey, you didn't do mayan. Technically, you're not married in the eyes of the Guru!" Same for mehndi.

The reason for a reception is to meet and greet your relatives. If you want to do that at the Gurdwara, I don't see why you couldn't.

Guest Jacfsing2
9 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

Fateh ji,

Thanks 

It depends on your family mostly whether you will go through all of this. Whether you want a simple wedding or an extravagant one, you usually have little say in the matter, the only part you have some control in is finding a man or woman you like, (in your case, I hope Kaur), but everything else is secondary and again, it's your parents choice, their parents choice, and that's how it's going to be done. (You could argue about it, but it'll make you seem irrational.)