13 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

So we should create a parallel state... Hardly the actions of the 'tisar' panth? Create a state where other than the religion behaves like the bigots it was formed rejecting.. 

No, we should not create a state. We should just let Hindus kill all the Sikhs ( both culturally and physically) as they been doing with impunity for many decades now. 

Why don't you ask your hindu masters if they are going to punish Hindus who have killed thousands of Sikhs.  

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

Rather than carving an independent state, I am more concerned of Punjab remaining a sikh state in next decades , as the hindu migrants keep coming in at alarming rate while apnay sikhs are leaving punjab for canada, UK, US, australia, etc .

Also the christian missionaries who preach in punjabi on television 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

To fix Punjab means that the people of Punjab have to be empowered to improve Punjab.

However, how much agency do the people of Punjab have to make these improvements. 

The centre in Delhi does not want Punjab to make improvements because Punjab at the moment is a Sikh majority state. Punjab and Sikhs to the rest of the India are synonymous. 

The elephant in the room is Sikhs.

True that ! 

rest everything is pretense . They would like to see more of our mundey dropping their turbans and becoming one like indians (hair shaved) . And when nothing else work "Sikhism was created to save hinduism and is born out of hinduism"

Bollywood has successfully created the myth that a haircut guy with no beard is handsome and the sardar guy with bushy beard is a "(hairy) bear" . I have been called those names. We need to get into fashion and blitz industry because our boys think they can't be cool looking with turbans and sikh girls wanna marry monay

23 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

True that ! 

rest everything is pretense . They would like to see more of our mundey dropping their turbans and becoming one like indians (hair shaved) . And when nothing else work "Sikhism was created to save hinduism and is born out of hinduism"

Bollywood has successfully created the myth that a haircut guy with no beard is handsome and the sardar guy with bushy beard is a "(hairy) bear" . I have been called those names. We need to get into fashion and blitz industry because our boys think they can't be cool looking with turbans and sikh girls wanna marry monay

As a Sikh in India and as an urban Sikh, just wondering if you can answer this for me.

Which particular type of Hindu has the most against Sikhs.

Is it caste based, as the higher the caste the more anti Sikh.

Is it a region based thing, ie Tamil or Bengali Hindus are OK with Sikh or Gujerati and Hindu Punjabi is anti Sikh?

Bollywood is predominantly made up Lahori Hindu Punjabi Khatri who left after partition. 

Is there any insight you can provide?

59 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

True that ! 

How embarrassing is it that among the Punjabi film/music industry, you can't find a single sardar with a full beard?

We need to stop blaming Bollywood.  Even in "Pollywood", where Sikhs theoretically have control, they have not put forward any singhs.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
32 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

As a Sikh in India and as an urban Sikh, just wondering if you can answer this for me.

Which particular type of Hindu has the most against Sikhs.

Is it caste based, as the higher the caste the more anti Sikh.

Is it a region based thing, ie Tamil or Bengali Hindus are OK with Sikh or Gujerati and Hindu Punjabi is anti Sikh?

Bollywood is predominantly made up Lahori Hindu Punjabi Khatri who left after partition. 

I live in mumbai.

I witnessed unbelievable sikhphobia from a malayalee hindu colleague who harassed me endlessly over my turban. He would keep mocking it , calling it something my mom tied on my head to keep it from exploding, etc . Also he mocked other kakkaars like kirpan . "Can you cut vegetables with it ?" , etc 

He is a shiv bhakt and always ridiculed sikhs and once laughed on 84 sikh genocide . Another one was marathi . He once wiped his hand on my turban.

And then there are those who think they are better looking than sardars jst coz they don't hv turban and they're neatly trimmed.

I don;t think a particular hindu community is more or less sikhphobic.

Half of world put me on pedestal,the other half scolds me 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
7 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

How embarrassing is it that among the Punjabi film/music industry, you can't find a single sardar with a full beard?

We need to stop blaming Bollywood.  Even in "Pollywood", where Sikhs theoretically have control, they have not put forward any singhs.

Its because thanks to Rajiv gandhi, Amitabh bachan , etc, in the 80s and 90s , seeking revenge from sikhs after killing sikhs physically , they wanted to kill our future generations by psychological warfare . 

Sikh kids will themselves ditch the turban and uncut beard if you made it into a BUFFOONISH costume only unrefined pendus wear ! 

Growing up in mumbai in the 90s I myself felt a strange sentiment that made me feel shyful of my sikh heritage. I would feel embarassed whenever anyone would shout jaikara in public . I would feel that others would laugh on us . I still feel like this to this day.

Secondly, the concept of clean-shaven man was very populary in 90s . Handsome = Clean-shaven , so it was.

Sardars were seen as  buffoonish and caricatured a lot.

My experience is that half of people in india would put you on a pedestal just becoz ur sikh, the other half would generalize u badly and see you with suspicion and "otherness" . 

Recent beard movements among young guys totally drowned the clean shaven look . 

But still sikh men are seen as hairy and unattractive. But people still respect you for strength. Sikh women on other hand are seen one of the most beautiful women in india.

52 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I live in mumbai.

I witnessed unbelievable sikhphobia from a malayalee hindu colleague who harassed me endlessly over my turban. He would keep mocking it , calling it something my mom tied on my head to keep it from exploding, etc . Also he mocked other kakkaars like kirpan . "Can you cut vegetables with it ?" , etc 

He is a shiv bhakt and always ridiculed sikhs and once laughed on 84 sikh genocide . Another one was marathi . He once wiped his hand on my turban.

And then there are those who think they are better looking than sardars jst coz they don't hv turban and they're neatly trimmed.

I don;t think a particular hindu community is more or less sikhphobic.

Half of world put me on pedestal,the other half scolds me 

Thanks.

How does a non Punjab based Sikh see the problems in Punjab?

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Thanks.

How does a non Punjab based Sikh see the problems in Punjab?

I think it's obvious that caste based tribalism plays a massive factor in the mess over there. Also conservatism (or perhaps plain laziness) when it comes to diversifying and developing the economy. You talk to apnay about this and they sound like they expect the government (and everyone else) to hand everything out to them on a plate instead of developing things themselves. This might be linked to a generations long culture of receiving subsidies which has made pendus dependent or craven for free handouts.