3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think it's obvious that caste based tribalism plays a massive factor in the mess over there. Also conservatism (or perhaps plain laziness) when it comes to diversifying and developing the economy. You talk to apnay about this and they sound like they expect the government (and everyone else) to hand everything out to them on a plate instead of developing things themselves. This might be linked to a generations long culture of receiving subsidies which has made pendus dependent or craven for free handouts. 

A lot of the development of the IT industries came from the government's investmens in IIT 's from decades past. 

The Hindu elite does not give a hoot if you are a Jatt, Tarkhan, Khatri, Mazhabi or a Saini Sikh they just see a Sikh. If it is a Sikh they will discriminate against it.

7 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

A lot of the development of the IT industries came from the government's investmens in IIT 's from decades past. 

The Hindu elite does not give a hoot if you are a Jatt, Tarkhan, Khatri, Mazhabi or a Saini Sikh they just see a Sikh. If it is a Sikh they will discriminate against it.

Okay, are you telling me that Sikhs in Panjab, which isn't short of money (regardless of what violin people are playing), couldn't maneuver themselves into a better position to that which we see today?

I think there is just too much victimhood mentality going on in your mind. I don't doubt Sikhs are discriminated against - but I do doubt that our lot have made serious effort to apply prudency and circumspection in their decision making regarding economic matters. They are like a broken record in this respect. You need to face up to the ugly fact that our lot have lost any sophistication they had, and these are some of the consequences. I think the real reason we are screwed up right now is because we are just playing petty, small-minded games and not thinking on any global or big scale.

So you seriously think caste doesn't play a big factor in Panjab's economy? Seriously? 

6 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Okay, are you telling me that Sikhs in Panjab, which isn't short of money (regardless of what violin people are playing), couldn't maneuver themselves into a better position to that which we see today?

I think there is just too much victimhood mentality going on in your mind. I don't doubt Sikhs are discriminated against - but I do doubt that our lot have made serious effort to apply prudency and circumspection in their decision making regarding economic matters. They are like a broken record in this respect. You need to face up to the ugly fact that our lot have lost any sophistication they had, and these are some of the consequences. I think the real reason we are screwed up right now is because we are just playing petty, small-minded games and not thinking on any global or big scale.

So you seriously think caste doesn't play a big factor in Panjab's economy? Seriously? 

Victimhood is the game everyone is playing these days.

But I reckon the hands are tied on some level with Sikhs in Punjab  that isn't in other states.

You can't taint everything with the caste card. You are going to have to get over your caste obsession.

Just now, Ranjeet01 said:

Victimhood is the game everyone is playing these days.

But I reckon the hands are tied on some level with Sikhs in Punjab  that isn't in other states.

You can't taint everything with the caste card. You are going to have to get over your caste obsession.

Or, you're going to have to open your eyes up and see what really causes our problems. They're more internally derived than externally. 

If you give rural Panjabis a chance, they will just wail about a thousand things (especially the 'gorment'), and blame everyone else but themselves for their problems. That's just their cultural norm. At no point do they analyse, at no point do they strategise with any sophistication. It says a lot that many Panjabis are proper rinsing out the land for every last penny (using whatever chemicals they can to do this), and then foolishly blowing it on ostentatious displays of wealth. Meanwhile, Hindus are sending  nano-satellites into space and even spaceships to Mars. Our lot don't even aspire to anything grand. Just petty one-up-manship. They are absolutely happy to be big fish in a small pond. 

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Or, you're going to have to open your eyes up and see what really causes our problems. They're more internally derived than externally. 

If you give rural Panjabis a chance, they will just wail about a thousand things (especially the 'gorment'), and blame everyone else but themselves for their problems. That's just their cultural norm. At no point do they analyse, at no point do they strategise with any sophistication. It says a lot that many Panjabis are proper rinsing out the land for every last penny (using whatever chemicals they can to do this), and then foolishly blowing it on ostentatious displays of wealth. Meanwhile, Hindus are sending  nano-satellites into space and even spaceships to Mars. Our lot don't even aspire to anything grand. Just petty one-up-manship. They are absolutely happy to be big fish in a small pond. 

Hindus are sending out satellites because of government funding in the IITs since the Nehru days. These are developments over decades.

Punjab has been deliberately kept out of particular developement which other parts of India have not been.

Are you an East African Sikh by any chance?

19 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Hindus are sending out satellites because of government funding in the IITs since the Nehru days. These are developments over decades.

Punjab has been deliberately kept out of particular developement which other parts of India have not been.

Are you an East African Sikh by any chance?

Nope, Panjabi. But what has that got to do with anything? 

When it comes to the problems of Panjab, our brethren back home are more clueless than anyone else. 

We ourselves (well most, but not all Sikhs) differentiate (or other) ourselves from Hindus. We've got a recent history with them (1984). Yet some pendus still seem to think that it is logical that central government will hold our hands and be our buddies. Maybe you're not old enough but I remember a time a few decades ago when it was a norm for apnay to treat Hindus (especially Bahmans) like some effeminate he-b1tch - these things also play a part in coming back to haunt us, when these people have flipped the script on us and made us look like clowns in their Bollywood media. In anycase - Sikhs expecting the Centre to play cuddly soft-ball with them is like Anglos expecting the EU to play soft with them over Brexit. Our lot have completely lost the plot when it comes to politics. And a lot of that is down to the proliferation of pendu  type thinking in our leadership. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

They will stop discriminating once most of our boys have left the turban and become one in appearance like the hindus. 

Like a hindu colleague in office pointed at my turban and  said "this doesn't fall in formal dress code". One day after having gulabjaman, he wiped his hand on my turban. 

Deliberately to insult my faith. And yes he does remember and kept talking abt bluestar and sikhs assassinating gandhi. 

You think after all in 84, hindus have forgotten? Heck they remember even tje case of arun vaidya. And these are non Punjabi Hindus. These c*nts hvnt forgotten wat happened in 84 and see ways to avenge sikhs

Wat better way than encouraging  drugs and apostasy

And yes our ppl are too complacent 

1 hour ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji.

That is so odd that those people did that to you! I have never, in my life experienced anything like that from any Hindus. In fact, when I talk to them they always agree with what I say. I once had a fever on the train, and those hindus who sat by us constantly asked us if we needed any seva from them such as food or if they should get off their seat so we can sit more comfortably. The AC was on in the train and it bothered me, so I would ask my parent to shut the AC and they said no since it will effect others on the train, but then a bhaiya shut the AC for me & I felt so thankful.  I think it all comes down to how we talk to people, but if people have already made up their mind that they do not like us then all I will say is whatever.. Besides, I don't even classify a lot of 'hindus' as hindus.. I mean do most really wear tilak, janeau, dhoti daily?? Do you practice nitnem sahib JI? Reading sri benti chaupai sahib ji 5 times always helps. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Are you talking about the same Hindus who have killed thousands of Sikhs, and then other Hindus elected them to be the leaders of India, instead of punishing them!!??

3 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

They will stop discriminating once most of our boys have left the turban and become one in appearance like the hindus. 

Like a hindu colleague in office pointed at my turban and  said "this doesn't fall in formal dress code". One day after having gulabjaman, he wiped his hand on my turban. 

Deliberately to insult my faith. And yes he does remember and kept talking abt bluestar and sikhs assassinating gandhi. 

You think after all in 84, hindus have forgotten? Heck they remember even tje case of arun vaidya. And these are non Punjabi Hindus. These c*nts hvnt forgotten wat happened in 84 and see ways to avenge sikhs

Wat better way than encouraging  drugs and apostasy

And yes our ppl are too complacent 

All the more reason to have our own nation.

What is apparent is that Hindus have a schizophrenic relationship with Sikh. We are revered and hated at the same time.

Revered and treated as one of their own when it suits them and it serves their purpose. 

Hated because there is a lot of jealousy and the fact that we are more dharmic then they are.

Is it any wonder that Hindus have been a conquered people for over 1000 years with that kind of mentality.