Referendum 2020

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

If Sikhs are going to have a country in this day and age, they need more than just numbers, we need to think global. An example is Jews, they have a smaller population than us and own almost the entire West, (though they have some advantages that we don't have or could imagine of having in terms of brainwashing, I won't mention this brainwashing thing because we all know who he is and that he's a Pakhandi Baba, if I mention his name we get the "all religions are equal", group coming to defend him). Also these forced conversions, why would they be Shaheed for Sikhi if they didn't really believe it? 

A few reasons why we will never hope to replicate the Jewish Israeli template for a Sikh state:

1. They exist largely because of a biblical prophecy that states Israel will usher in the end times, i.e. the return of the Messiah. Whether anyone in power actually believes this to be true, or it's a convenient front for political games in the Middle East is up for debate, as evidenced in the creation of Israel by Britain and the US. Regardless, Judeo Christian scriptures offer compelling justifications for the existence of Israel. Their entire existence is central to the future of the world according to them and their supporters. They are viewed as a buffer between the West and complete Islamic hegemony in that part of the world, therefore they will never be allowed to fall. What do we as Sikhs have to offer that would lend us the same clout in real terms?

2. Israel is propped up by BILLIONS of dollars worth of American taxpayers money for various geopolitical reasons. Who will support a Sikh state in a similar manner?

3. Jews are, on the whole, smart and industrious. We are capable of similar feats, but we have an unfortunate habit of reverting to the base aspects of our third-world culture. They also, importantly, absolutely understand the need for unity and working for Jewish interests, whether it's a religiously lax Jew or someone more stringent in belief. Our people immediately begin to abandon any desire for promoting Sikh interests as soon as the individual begins to move up in the world. There's very little affection for the prosperity and growth of the Sikh religion from those who reach a certain standard where they can affect change. Again, they have a bigger picture mentality. We don't. We are weak sellouts content to suckle at the teat of the dominant power for personal gain, whereas the Jew regards the white man with a certain sense of contempt.

4. Jews have the full weight of contemporary western culture and the media behind them. They are essentially untouchable from a certain perspective. When people can have their careers and livelihoods destroyed by criticising a particular group and its methods and history, you can be sure that segment of the population and its representatives will always have the upper hand.

These are just a few reasons I've rattled off the top of my head. There's a few ifs and buts involved but generally this is why we shouldn't try to play the "Jew card." It's a complete misunderstanding of who we are and what role we play in the world.

Guest Jacfsing2
5 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

These are just a few reasons I've rattled off the top of my head. There's a few ifs and buts involved but generally this is why we shouldn't try to play the "Jew card." It's a complete misunderstanding of who we are and what role we play in the world.

This is why we need to save the world, no more of these lies that are liars are repeating so much that Non-Sikhs can go to Sach Khand. When even great Pracharks are making these lies, who's going to take us seriously? Punjab won't be taken seriously until Sikhs stsrt removing Ghulami thoughts on not exposing Pakhandi Babas on a mass scale. The world is currently being saved from Abrahamic influences because of New-Age Atheist movements, and we are here many of us trying to defend the false religions from being exposed. The religions of Christianity and Islam and Judaism are all false, and once we pump that-up we can free so much of society.

• 5 months later...
On 28/04/2017 at 3:23 AM, BhForce said:

OK, I'm with you there, as that's also what I stated.

This is where I get off. I am intensely uncomfortable with forced conversions. If that's our policy, what's the difference between us and the Muslims? What's the point of Sikhism anyway, then?

Also, there is quite a difference between saying X happened vs. saying that X is official Sikh policy.

A lot of people come on to this site to learn about Sikhism, including young cultural Sikhs. If they read that we support doing the exact same thing as Muslims, I think they will definitely think, "Why should I become a strong Sikh?"

So that's the reason I'm portraying the sack of Sirhind as having been done by the followers-on, not as a official Sikh policy. 

would you as a muslim claim another other than being forced to leave the deen if you know the price is death for willingly leaving? it's just covering theri backs against backlash from the armies of the afghans