Why we should not gossip

It states in Rehat that one should not gossip about others. It's interesting how much people spread rumours especially about Prophet Muhammed. Sometimes it's "He murdered the true prophet," or "He was indecent towards children" or "He got his ways by lying, murdering and cheating..." QUESTION! Were YOU present to witness all this? Is this written in the Quran or any other trustworthy historical scriptures? If yes PLEASE CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG! If not then, like all slanders, this too is heresay NO evidence. Many people laugh and quickly take this to be the truth! Just because they heard it/ hear what they wish to hear and believe it. 

Unfortunately I too have fallen prey to the whims of Nindia! "Sikhs" told me so much bull about other Sikhs that I believed it because, at the time, it seemed true. Today I realise it was 100% false accusations. When someone tells us something we think "Can that be true? How did they know? How on Earth can they figure it out?" But when it comes to nindia, we stop right in questioning and believe it! (If you question Nindia/ talk behind backs, congrats). 

NOW! How long was Muhammed? More than 1000 years ago? Ok, let's take a look at another nindia that's being done by so many people out there, that so many Giaani Ji's/ kathas and books talk about that they to correct a wrong.  The accusations are as follows; "Guru Gobind Singh Never cut any 5 human heads. They were heads of sheeps." On hearing that how do you feel? here's more that I read AND heard on radio discussion "Guru Gobind Singh committed suicide by jumping in a well on hearing the "death" of his 2 young sons and mother." HOW DO YOU FEEL!? DREADFUL? HOW DO YOU SUPPOSE MUSLIMS FEEL WHEN THEY HEAR ABOUT MUHAMMED IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT!? Yes am writing this here because I have heard it from Sikh individuals. 

Finally, if overtime Muhammed's been ridiculed in so many ways (more than 1000 years onwards), where do you suppose the stories of Dussa Paasha, Guru Gobind Singh would be? How many more lies and negativity be added to his name? How many people will hear accusations and nindia against our Guru Sahibs? IT'S ONLY BEEN 300 PLUS YEARS SINCE THE TIME OF KHALSA! WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEXT 700 YEARS? If we hate these accusations, hurt our feelings I fail to see why we do the same to others. 

Okay folks am off be sure to comment, correct my mistakes and feel free to prove me wrong.

Bhul chuck maaf. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use